White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2013, 07:25 PM
WSI High Priest

Default Soriano to Yankees?

Was pulled from Cubs lineup twitter blowing up that its done
Old 07-25-2013, 08:06 PM
WSI High Priest

Unless Hahn is waiting for bigger and better offers, I don't get why everybody wants all these jackass Cubs so urgently over what we have.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:34 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMachine10 View Post
Unless Hahn is waiting for bigger and better offers, I don't get why everybody wants all these jackass Cubs so urgently over what we have.

Patience.................the second mouse gets the cheese.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:06 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
It probably is just clearing roster space. I doubt the Yankees give up much of anything. I mean, how could they for that guy?
Old 07-25-2013, 09:32 PM
WSI Personality

I was hoping/praying that the Yankees would want Adam Dunn. If the bad guys on the Northside can move Soriano, Zambrano and Milton Bradley, I don't see why the White Sox can't move Dunn. The bad guys have eating alot of money moving those 3 players. The White Sox are going to have to eat alot of Dunns money but the team is better off without him. Moving Dunn would erase the mistake that was made when KW signed Dunn.It would also indicate the White Sox are moving in another direction. Dunn missed another easy throw by Ramirez today. Dunn can't do anything but hit an occasional home run. Hopefully the Adam Dunn era will be coming to an end on the Southside of Chicago soon.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:02 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragg View Post
It probably is just clearing roster space. I doubt the Yankees give up much of anything. I mean, how could they for that guy?
It's also a factor of Theo and Company having listened to offers for 2 straight seasons now. They probably have a pretty good idea of the trade landscape. I'd suspect the kind of value they now expect to get in return for these guys is consistent with the reality of the situation.

Old 07-26-2013, 08:31 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Sox View Post
I was hoping/praying that the Yankees would want Adam Dunn. If the bad guys on the Northside can move Soriano, Zambrano and Milton Bradley, I don't see why the White Sox can't move Dunn. The bad guys have eating alot of money moving those 3 players. The White Sox are going to have to eat alot of Dunns money but the team is better off without him. Moving Dunn would erase the mistake that was made when KW signed Dunn.It would also indicate the White Sox are moving in another direction. Dunn missed another easy throw by Ramirez today. Dunn can't do anything but hit an occasional home run. Hopefully the Adam Dunn era will be coming to an end on the Southside of Chicago soon.
Good point, Dunn and Soriano have similar contracts and Dunn is outhitting Soriano in every major category except batting average.

The question remains, with the Yankees in on Soriano, who'd take him?

We'd still need to eat salary and/or take a bad contract in return. I'd assume all NL teams would pass on him. So out of the AL contenders we realistically have Boston, Baltimore, the Rangers (who we're trying to sell Rios to) and maybe the Angels.

Not sure if I see a match there...
Old 07-26-2013, 10:48 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ99 View Post
Good point, Dunn and Soriano have similar contracts and Dunn is outhitting Soriano in every major category except batting average.

The question remains, with the Yankees in on Soriano, who'd take him?

We'd still need to eat salary and/or take a bad contract in return. I'd assume all NL teams would pass on him. So out of the AL contenders we realistically have Boston, Baltimore, the Rangers (who we're trying to sell Rios to) and maybe the Angels.

Not sure if I see a match there...
If the Sox want to rid themselves of Dunn, they will have to do 2 things: 1) eat a good portion of that contract and 2) make him a part of any deal for Rios/Pitchers...they may have to sweeten the pot one way or anothe rby adding some prospect along, but that is the only way.

Not sure what the specifics are for the Soriano trade, but I am fairly sure that the Cubs just sent him off for a low prospect and had to pay the bulk (if not all) of the remaining salary.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:01 AM
11 NFL 12&13PTC CHAMP

Of the estimated $24.5 million Soriano is owed through the end of next season, the Cubs are going to pick up about $17.7 million and the Yankees will cover the remaining $6.8 million, sources said.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/stor...s-chicago-cubs
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/v...pic10971_3.gif</font>
Old 07-26-2013, 11:23 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1swisher View Post
Of the estimated $24.5 million Soriano is owed through the end of next season, the Cubs are going to pick up about $17.7 million and the Yankees will cover the remaining $6.8 million, sources said.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/stor...s-chicago-cubs
That's a decent deal for the Cubs considering an aging slugger in the last year of a massive deal is essentially a sunk cost (from the Cubs standpoint).
Old 07-29-2013, 11:51 AM
11 NFL 12&13PTC CHAMP

Joel Sherman
the decision to acquire Alfonso Soriano did not come from Brian Cashman, but directly from ownership.

http://www.pinstripedbible.com/news/...=articlebottom
Old 08-18-2013, 08:34 PM
WSI Personality

Default Pretty good move by Yankees

Soriano is tearing it up.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:46 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunofgold View Post
Soriano is tearing it up.
He must like being back with the Yankees. I had forgotten that Soriano was the player the Yankees traded to Texas to get A-Fraud.