White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2013, 04:37 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobears1987 View Post
Boers and Bernstein are just a pair of ****ing idiots. The next intelligent thing they say will be the first intelligent thing they have said that doesn't have to do with Penn State.
I don't mind them but their show would be better if they didn't take calls at all.

Old 08-05-2013, 04:47 PM
11 NFL 12&13PTC CHAMP

Jon Heyman
how cruz & peralta suspensions affect their pennant-contending teams. @DannyKnoblerCBS http://cbsprt.co/1cE24UC
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/v...pic10971_3.gif</font>
Old 08-05-2013, 04:49 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadMoney View Post
I'm not sure how that makes someone hypocritical... Because we cheered for them when there was little in terms of a drug policy and not a single guy on the team was suspected of anything? Sure.

They'd have a better case if they said we're hypocritical for cheering Manny while he was here (after suspensions) or Canseco when he had his brief stint here. All teams had these guys and all fans cheered them on. That doesn't really make anyone a hypocrite. In fact, this A-Rod thing is completely different than a guy just testing positive, taking his suspension and being done with it. Most guys didn't completely thumb their nose at the rules/investigation during this whole thing.

Edit: Or calling us hypocrites for cheering for Quintana/Flowers now. Of course, both of those guys just took their suspensions quietly and haven't been suspected of anything since.
Actually, 2005 was the first year of the stricter steroid testing program that included random, offseason testing, and suspensions. And, in general, it worked; runs scored and homeruns in 2005 were at it's lowest point since 1993.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:11 PM
WSI Church Elder

Just saw ARod talking to Robin on MLB network, both smiling and chatting.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:18 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock07 View Post
I don't mind them but their show would be better if they didn't take calls at all.
If they didn't take calls, they'd lose what makes their show run. They love making others look stupid.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:25 PM
WSI Church Elder

If the sox weren't the worst team in the central I would be upset that the suspension was not immediate. That's garbage.
Also, as for the idiots on 670, the accusations 8 years later? Really? GMAB. Just smug idiots.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:45 PM
WSI 2013 NFL Pick'em Contest Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34rancher View Post
If the sox weren't the worst team in the central I would be upset that the suspension was not immediate. That's garbage.
Also, as for the idiots on 670, the accusations 8 years later? Really? GMAB. Just smug idiots.
If you listened to their show on a regular basis you would know they've always hinted at Rowand as being a juicer.

Joe Flacco Super Bowl 47 Champion and MVP
Joe Flacco First Rookie QB to win 2 games in his first playoff.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:35 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadMoney View Post
Especially when MLB conveniently pushed the announcements/agreements back as far as possible, but still to a point where all 12 guys have 50 or more games left in the season.
this is stupid. Any player suspended should be banned from the playoffs as well.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:37 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalehosePlanet View Post
Actually, 2005 was the first year of the stricter steroid testing program that included random, offseason testing, and suspensions. And, in general, it worked;
If the system worked, these guys would have already been busted by a failed test. These suspensions are just illustrating that in fact, the system does not work. These guys all got away with it for years.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:41 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Soprano View Post
Are you serious?
I'm glad I don't listen to those dumbasses.
If they have no proof and they were included in these wave of suspensions why even bring something like that up?
I'm guessing they were referring to Flowers and Quintana.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:59 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYourSuit View Post
Listening to Boers and Bernstein right now and they are calling out any Sox fan a hypocrite if they boo Arod. Assuring that we had dopers on the 2005 squad. Reading between the lines on what they said, Rowand is one of them. Who else?
If that's what they said, it's best to just ignore it. For months and months and months Bernstein acted like the moral authority when standing in judgment of Manti Te'o, but we're hypocrites if we boo ARod? That's one of the funnier things I've heard yet.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstrike2000 View Post
If that's what they said, it's best to just ignore it. For months and months and months Bernstein acted like the moral authority when standing in judgment of Manti Te'o, but we're hypocrites if we boo ARod? That's one of the funnier things I've heard yet.
These are two imbeciles who think a mention of hair the most hilarious thing in the world. The clowns at 670 need to realize that sports radio is dead in Chicago because their afternoon "talent" is a tired pair of has beens who don't even discuss sports. When they do discuss sports, they are discussing basketball to death when no one gives a rats ass.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:39 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by getonbckthr View Post
If you listened to their show on a regular basis you would know they've always hinted at Rowand as being a juicer.
Where did this information come from? Terry's "guy" or Bernstein's "people"?

2014 Attendance Record: 3-4, 0.429
Old 08-05-2013, 07:51 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobears1987 View Post
When they do discuss sports, they are discussing basketball to death when no one gives a rats ass.
But that's because basketball is really the only sport they know anything about. And in reality it's only Bernstein that knows anything about it, and Boers mostly just makes some caveman-like grunt of agreement with whatever point Bernstein makes.

Watching them try to discuss hockey during the Blackhawks' run was hilarious; neither of them had a clue what they were talking about, but they sure acted like they did. NHL would have to bring the FoxTrax puck back for senile Boers to even see what's going on on the rink.

Their Bears coverage to date has consisted of nothing but childish jabs at Marc Trestman and Phil Emery, both of whom are way more accomplished than those two clowns.

Bernstein can be interesting at times, but his sanctimonious, self-righteous attitude on sports and social topics gets really grating, and it's left completely unchecked thanks to a senile partner who looks like he's just happy to be there and doesn't feel any need to contribute or challenge his partner's comments.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:47 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
Where did this information come from? Terry's "guy" or Bernstein's "people"?
Yeah, no kidding. And Sox fans are hypocrites if we boo A-Rod based on their hearsay?

It's a total bull**** argument on their part. Period.