White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Alright, time to see what all these changes will bring... GO SOX!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2013, 10:41 AM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by wassagstdu View Post
Pointless question: Could the Sox have traded Peavey straight up for Iglesias and Detroit kept Avisyan Garciedo?
Probably but the consensus is that Garcia > Iglesias

0-1

LAST GAME: April 12 - Indians 12, Sox 6
NEXT GAME: April 16 vs. Boston
Old 08-13-2013, 10:58 AM
WSI Church Elder

Iglesias has made a few jaw dropping plays in the little I've seen of him. That glove is special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoota
I'm not counting this homerun or his 3 RBI from today's game because of the game situation. I'm not counting his pinch hit solo homerun in a blowout win in Colorado. In my book, Crede has 2 less home runs than his statistics show, 4 less RBI, and one less walk (the one where he pinch hit for Uribe after coming in with a 3-0 count and taking one pitch).
Old 08-13-2013, 02:24 PM
WSI High Priest

To me, the Sox need offense more than defense,altho Inglesias is looking very good.

I am glad the Sox got Garcia....but Fister was pounding him and most Sox hitters on that inside corner...nice that they found a key to lighting him up for 14 hits eventually.

Gordo Beckham really looks like a centerpiece second baseman in the Utley mold lately. He has to be very good,like he has been,if the Sox do want a quick re-build around the young rotation.

Always nice to beat the frigging tigers....now they are 17-4 in their last 21....wow. Sox need to really shock them and win the series..
Old 08-13-2013, 02:29 PM
WSI Church Elder

Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkjt View Post
To me, the Sox need offense more than defense,altho Inglesias is looking very good.

I am glad the Sox got Garcia....but Fister was pounding him and most Sox hitters on that inside corner...nice that they found a key to lighting him up for 14 hits eventually.

Gordo Beckham really looks like a centerpiece second baseman in the Utley mold lately. He has to be very good,like he has been,if the Sox do want a quick re-build around the young rotation.

Always nice to beat the frigging tigers....now they are 17-4 in their last 21....wow. Sox need to really shock them and win the series..
Yes, Sox definitely need more offense and it is always nice to beat the Tigers. Chris Sale was outstanding again last night. So glad the Sox scored some runs so Sale could get the win.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:03 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkjt View Post

I actually disagree. I think the best thing we can do to help the pitching staff is to tighten up the defense. I was happy with the pick up of L. Garcia. If his defense is as good as advertised, I'm fine going with him at SS.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:18 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryzner View Post
I have to comment on this because I forgot about it until now.

Jose Iglesias made a play I think on a ball hit by Phegley that (to me) was quite reminiscent of Iguchi's crazy horizontal diving throw from 2006.

I don't know what their contract situation with Peralta is, but he could never even dream of pulling off a play like that. I had heard that Iglesias was quite the defender before tonight, and holy crap that was incredible.
yeah...

http://wapc.mlb.com/play?content_id=29653669