White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2013, 10:28 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BainesHOF View Post
Been enjoying the repeated shots Hawk and Stone have been taking at individual players and the team.
That is not limited to the tv booth either. Heard DJ in the car over the weekend basically call out DeAza as the stupidest player on the team for the repeated bad throws and missing the cutoff man.

2014 Attendance Record: 4-5; 0.444
Old 09-03-2013, 11:36 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soxman219 View Post
If Sale and Quintana left for better teams, I'd smile. They deserve better!
Shut up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoota
I'm not counting this homerun or his 3 RBI from today's game because of the game situation. I'm not counting his pinch hit solo homerun in a blowout win in Colorado. In my book, Crede has 2 less home runs than his statistics show, 4 less RBI, and one less walk (the one where he pinch hit for Uribe after coming in with a 3-0 count and taking one pitch).
Old 09-04-2013, 09:43 AM
WSI High Priest

Even those fans who are "rooting for the #3 pick" have to be disappointed at the Sox coming back down to reality after a relatively good stretch over the last couple of weeks.

After feeling half good about this team in recent weeks, these games vs. Boston and NY are a rude reminder that this team has a looooonnng way to go before they can hope to be pennant contenders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobears1987 View Post
This team is an embarrassment.
Indeed.

Old 09-04-2013, 11:16 AM
WSI High Priest

It took me a while to remember that this team sucks. Lots of changes are needed.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:19 AM
WSI Church Elder

Looks like Addison Reed could have skipped Boston and New York.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:55 AM
WSI High Priest

Another close loss....again, painful,but it continues to show me that this team,while bad, is not that far away.

They are stuck in a rut where one aspect lets them down each day, but not the same aspect.

I want the 3rd pick, so not going crazy over these sept. losses.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:14 PM
WSI Guru

We don't need anymore sobbing on these boards about "ruining draft position" or posts about the erroneous belief that some late-season wins are going to dupe Sox management into thinking the team is "close."

As we've learned this week, those things tend to take care of themselves. They are not legitimate concerns for fans to have.

R
ead my new baseball blog: http://thebaseballkid98.blogspot.com/

Old 09-04-2013, 02:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
Trust me, it's no less annoying than the over-the-top pessimism
Hey, I resemble that remark!
Old 09-04-2013, 02:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98 View Post
We don't need anymore sobbing on these boards about "ruining draft position" or posts about the erroneous belief that some late-season wins are going to dupe Sox management into thinking the team is "close."

As we've learned this week, those things tend to take care of themselves. They are not legitimate concerns for fans to have.
Draft position, because of the pools, finally means something. I don't want to purposefully lose, but I'm not exactly angry that we stopped winning. More money to spend on young talent is a good thing.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:55 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkjt View Post
They are stuck in a rut where one aspect lets them down each day, but not the same aspect.

I want the 3rd pick, so not going crazy over these sept. losses.

Well in Boston this weekend, the starting pitching stunk all 3 games.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:11 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:

Based upon his comments, Rick Hahn has given every indication that he knows the Sox need an overhaul. All Hahn has said is that starting position, which is the hardest thing to acquire in baseball, is a strength for the Sox. That is correct. But the Sox defense, speed and offense need that overhaul and Hahn knows it. I like the moves he has made so far and am looking forward to his next moves.

BTW, I just thought of a trade that would make sense for both clubs: Alexei Ramirez to St. Louis for David Freese. I have no idea if this has ever been discussed but it makes sense to me. Any thoughts?
Old 09-04-2013, 06:16 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
That is not limited to the tv booth either. Heard DJ in the car over the weekend basically call out DeAza as the stupidest player on the team for the repeated bad throws and missing the cutoff man.
My vote for stupidest (perhaps "least baseball savvy") goes to Alexei Ramirez.
Old 09-04-2013, 07:25 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by fram40 View Post
My vote for stupidest (perhaps "least baseball savvy") goes to Alexei Ramirez.
I don't think Alexei has a poor Baseball IQ, I think he more just kind of spaces out in the field sometimes. His errors aren't made because he's making poor choices, he just isn't paying attention all the time.

De Aza seems like he makes a ridiculous baserunning error, takes a horrible route to a ball, or makes a completely stupid throw at least once a week.

0-5

LAST GAME: August 4 - Twins 16, Sox 3
NEXT GAME: I don't know, but I'll be sure to warn you when I know
Old 09-05-2013, 12:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
I don't think Alexei has a poor Baseball IQ, I think he more just kind of spaces out in the field sometimes. His errors aren't made because he's making poor choices, he just isn't paying attention all the time.

De Aza seems like he makes a ridiculous baserunning error, takes a horrible route to a ball, or makes a completely stupid throw at least once a week.
You're exactly right, and I think Alexei has a much better season if there's something to play for/keep himself focused.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:58 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:

Sox management's track record over the last 6 years or so suggests otherwise. After years of the Sox approaching to competing being "let's let the farm system rot, slap some underdogs together, and see if we can surprise everyone", i'm not sold on the idea that Sox management fully "gets it". Maybe things are different now under Hahn, but KW and Hahn were the brain trust that led us into this mess and they're still in charge (each with a promotion).

But, as you say, it looks like these concerns are taking care of themselves.