White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2013, 02:57 PM
The Blind Squirrel that finally found an acorn.

They are still averaging over 32k per game with a team that has been crap for awhile. Their payroll keeps decreasing so I'm sure ownership isnt too worried yet. The no shows may be more of a concern and more will be known about that after next years preseason tickets go on the market. I'd say at least 20 MLB teams would love the "problem" the cubs are having now.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:01 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
They are still averaging over 32k per game with a team that has been crap for awhile. Their payroll keeps decreasing so I'm sure ownership isnt too worried yet. The no shows may be more of a concern and more will be known about that after next years preseason tickets go on the market. I'd say at least 20 MLB teams would love the "problem" the cubs are having now.
Including the one 8 miles south of Wrigley Field.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:50 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98 View Post
The old "Cubbies sell out no matter what" thing has always been an urban myth. **** 'em. They are terrible, and no one should be surprised if "Theo's" master plan fails. Future Hall of Famer Jorge Soler hasn't played since June, and Mike Olt sucks. Those *******s think Samardzija is an ace, too. The ****er has a 4.29 ERA in the National League. Best pitcher in Chicago.

Samardzija would be the No. 4 starter on the miserable, woeful 2013 White Sox.
Rizzo has also not exactly had a solid 2013 campaign.

Oh, and Castro sucks, but he was here already.

They also failed to trade Kevin Gregg for anything, which might be the worst non-deal of the season.

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Old 09-09-2013, 03:51 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
No doubt, but any fanbase that prides itself on little but attendance and a fun ballpark needs a kick in the mouth.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:09 PM
The Blind Squirrel that finally found an acorn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle42 View Post
They also failed to trade Kevin Gregg for anything, which might be the worst non-deal of the season.
Is it possible that no team wanted gregg? The other one that has been in my mind for awhile is Lindstrom. I would figure the Sox would have dumped him even for a bag of balls to save some salary. Lindstrom has a 4M club option, which seems to be a stretch as the reason he wasnt dumped.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:43 PM
WSI Personality

I still get grief from north side moron fans. I told one guy you may want to watch a game and see how many fans are dressed up as empty green seats.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:05 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Rizzo has also not exactly had a solid 2013 campaign.

Oh, and Castro sucks, but he was here already.

The league has caught up to Rizzo it seems. He may be the biggest bust in Chicago baseball history for the money and years he got.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:06 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
The old "Cubbies sell out no matter what" thing has always been an urban myth. **** 'em. They are terrible, and no one should be surprised if "Theo's" master plan fails. Future Hall of Famer Jorge Soler hasn't played since June, and Mike Olt sucks. Those *******s think Samardzija is an ace, too. The ****er has a 4.29 ERA in the National League. Best pitcher in Chicago.

greatness. You and Crawdad are the best as spewing Cub hate.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:14 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
We're on the same page, for once. I have made sure not to mention this article to Hangar, as his head (and other things) may have exploded in glee.
I love Hangar.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:53 PM
WSI Guru

I went to Wrigley last Tuesday for some staff bonding (boss gave all of us free tickets), and I could've sworn that everyone there could've fit in the infield seats on the lower deck. Huge swaths of empty seats were present, including some full sections. There were some people wearing Marlins gear too.

23 Other Games I have (all season tickets):
11/1 @ Toronto Maple Leafs, 11/2 vs. Winnipeg, 11/7 vs. Washington, 11/9 vs. San Jose, 11/16 vs. Dallas, 12/5 vs. Montreal, 12/16 vs. Minnesota, 12/21 vs. Toronto, 12/23 vs. Winnipeg, 1/4 vs. Dallas, 1/6 vs. Colorado, 1/16 vs. Winnipeg, 1/18 vs. Dallas, 1/20 vs. Arizona, 2/9 vs. Arizona, 2/11 vs. Vancouver, 2/20 vs. Colorado, 2/22 vs. Boston, 3/6 vs. Edmonton, 3/17 vs. New York Islanders, 3/27 vs. Columbus, 3/30 vs. Los Angeles, 4/2 vs. Vancouver
Old 09-10-2013, 08:31 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisoxfanatic View Post
I went to Wrigley last Tuesday for some staff bonding (boss gave all of us free tickets), and I could've sworn that everyone there could've fit in the infield seats on the lower deck. Huge swaths of empty seats were present, including some full sections. There were some people wearing Marlins gear too.

I saw a highlight on MLB.com, which showed the grand slam by Lake on Friday against the Brew. I had to rewind and pause the video a couple of times because I could not believe what I was seeing. As he rounded third, the camera shot was looking from the upper deck first base side towards the third base side, and I could see almost the whole upper and lower deck on that side. It was so empty, it reminded me of some of the games I remember going to as a little kid in the late 70's and early 80's, before the 1984 explosion. I remember the upper deck actually being closed on some of those days. I could not believe I was seeing Wrigley Field, and a sunny, warm, Friday afternoon, and it looked like may a few thousand people combined upper and lower decks, at least on that side of the park.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:27 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:

Excellent post. Samardzija is yet another example of the Cubs hype machine. There were actually nonsense articles written during the crosstown series that said he was better than Sale. Rizzo is another one that went through the media coronation as a future HOF slugger when in reality, they will be lucky if he becomes the next Adam Laroche. It seems MLB scouts have caught up to him and that average has been falling like a rock. Rizzo also has one of the worst batting averages with RISP among MLB players with enough qualifying ABs.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin
Old 09-10-2013, 11:23 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:

Old 09-10-2013, 12:49 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foulke You View Post
Excellent post. Samardzija is yet another example of the Cubs hype machine. There were actually nonsense articles written during the crosstown series that said he was better than Sale. Rizzo is another one that went through the media coronation as a future HOF slugger when in reality, they will be lucky if he becomes the next Adam Laroche. It seems MLB scouts have caught up to him and that average has been falling like a rock. Rizzo also has one of the worst batting averages with RISP among MLB players with enough qualifying ABs.
That's exactly what I was referencing in my previous tirade. Yeah, Samardzija threw a two-hitter in the crosstown series. So what? Lots of pitchers have owned this weak-hitting Sox team this season, including the great Scott Feldman.

I've seen Sale dominate some of the best lineups in the American League this year. Look at his last two starts against New York and Detroit. Hell, he's got three wins against the Tigers this year. Let's see the great Samardzija post a sub-3 ERA in the American League. He can't even get his damn ERA below 4 in the National League.

It's just now starting to dawn on these Cubbie idiots that Travis Wood has been that team's best pitcher from start to finish this year.

I've heard two different commentators this year say Rizzo "will one day go for 40 and 120 every year." Laughable statement. Miguel Cabrera has had only two seasons of 40 and 120 in his career. Pujols did it five times, I believe, and Frank Thomas did that three times. Joey Votto has never done that. Nobody goes for "40 and 120 every year." Ridiculous to place those expectations on anybody.

R
ead my new baseball blog: http://thebaseballkid98.blogspot.com/

Old 09-10-2013, 02:46 PM
Tom Feargal Hagen

Quote:
That's exactly what I was referencing in my previous tirade. Yeah, Samardzija threw a two-hitter in the crosstown series. So what? Lots of pitchers have owned this weak-hitting Sox team this season, including the great Scott Feldman.

I've seen Sale dominate some of the best lineups in the American League this year. Look at his last two starts against New York and Detroit. Hell, he's got three wins against the Tigers this year. Let's see the great Samardzija post a sub-3 ERA in the American League. He can't even get his damn ERA below 4 in the National League.

It's just now starting to dawn on these Cubbie idiots that Travis Wood has been that team's best pitcher from start to finish this year.

I've heard two different commentators this year say Rizzo "will one day go for 40 and 120 every year." Laughable statement. Miguel Cabrera has had only two seasons of 40 and 120 in his career. Pujols did it five times, I believe, and Frank Thomas did that three times. Joey Votto has never done that. Nobody goes for "40 and 120 every year." Ridiculous to place those expectations on anybody.
Want to see a Cub fan's head explode? Show him/her Rizzo's 2013 hitting stats and Adam Dunn's 2013 hitting stats without their names attached. Ask which one is Rizzo and which one is Dunn......he he.

All hail The Rick