White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2013, 10:28 AM
WSI Prelate

Default *Official* 9/10 "And I think they have officially lost all of us" Postgamer

First day I can remember without a postgame thread. Of course, I had no idea whether they won or not until I saw the score on the little TV thing in the elevator at work, so I am not criticizing.

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Old 09-11-2013, 11:09 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle42 View Post
First day I can remember without a postgame thread. Of course, I had no idea whether they won or not until I saw the score on the little TV thing in the elevator at work, so I am not criticizing.
Dang, I was trying to forget that crapfest last night.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:13 AM
WSI Church Elder

Can we agree that neither Conor Gillaspie nor Jeff Keppinger (in whole or in part) are the answer at third? The fact that both are going to get more than 400 AB's this season says it all.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:49 PM
WSI Church Elder

On the plus side we only made four errors!

Honestly, at this point, I just want five more wins so we'll avoid a 100 loss season.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:51 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chez View Post
Can we agree that neither Conor Gillaspie nor Jeff Keppinger (in whole or in part) are the answer at third? The fact that both are going to get more than 400 AB's this season says it all.
The fact that anyone think Gillaspie should be more than a UT player speaks volumes about the relative talent on this team.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:19 PM
WSI Guru

It's been hard to make an honest evaluation of Erik Johnson thus far. It's easier for a rookie pitcher to settle in if plays are being made behind him. The plays have not been made for Johnson, who has had to make a lot of extra pitches and has found himself in a lot of unnecessary jams. Even a veteran pitcher would struggle with such poor defense behind him.

I agree with previous comments about Keppinger and Gillaspie. Neither deserves to be this team's 3B next year.

R
ead my new baseball blog: http://thebaseballkid98.blogspot.com/

Old 09-11-2013, 02:34 PM
11 NFL 12&13PTC CHAMP

The White Sox rank last in the Majors with a .980 fielding percentage, one year after leading the Majors with a franchise-record .9883 mark.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index...eview&c_id=cws

Manto: I look at what Conor Gillaspie did, first time in the big leagues for a full year, and Avisail [Garcia] having a good little run here. There's a lot of things to be positive about, although the numbers would indicate let's beat it up."
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/v...pic10971_3.gif</font>
Old 09-11-2013, 02:44 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
The fact that anyone think Gillaspie should be more than a UT player speaks volumes about the relative talent on this team.
Yep. On a good team, Gillaspie is a spare part. Keppinger (at least the 2013 version) would likely not be on the roster of a good team -- maybe at the very end of the bench. The fact that he owns a bunch of different gloves which allow him to impersonate a 3B, 2B or 1B doesn't make him "versatile" -- he's horrible no matter where Robin puts him in the field. He's slower than Dunn on the bases and HE CAN'T HIT! There is not a single thing he does well -- or even average -- on a baseball field.

I wish I could recall the name of the poster who was hoping the Sox could somehow acquire The Great Jeff Keppinger all last season. Probably the same guy who couldn't live in a world without Chone Figgins.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:44 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chez View Post
Yep. On a good team, Gillaspie is a spare part. Keppinger (at least the 2013 version) would likely not be on the roster of a good team -- maybe at the very end of the bench. The fact that he owns a bunch of different gloves which allow him to impersonate a 3B, 2B or 1B doesn't make him "versatile" -- he's horrible no matter where Robin puts him in the field. He's slower than Dunn on the bases and HE CAN'T HIT! There is not a single thing he does well -- or even average -- on a baseball field.

I wish I could recall the name of the poster who was hoping the Sox could somehow acquire The Great Jeff Keppinger all last season. Probably the same guy who couldn't live in a world without Chone Figgins.
The guy runs like he needs a bathroom break.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:38 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
This isn't the first time without a postgame thread. I had never seen it until this season and it's become more frequent as the season has worn on. I guess the Sox quality on-field performance has really #madeanimpact on fan interest.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:48 PM
WSI Church Elder

The 3B free agent market is dog ****, so despite the fact it's been broken for 2+ years I don't expect the Sox to fix it via FA over the winter.

Last edited by amsteel; 09-11-2013 at 10:03 PM.