White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2013, 05:18 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOXPHILE View Post

"But....Dave Kaplan was sure he was coming...and Lil' Danny Bernstein said he was, according to his "sources"..........."

BTW, I'll say it again. B & B don't have any sources, and are pretty much full of **** anytime they say they have inside info from said sources.
I know every beat writer has sources inside the clubhouse, but I doubt any of them have a source in the front office, maybe a scout or lower level guy leaking disinformation. And any rumor that some radio jockey passes along is something he heard in the lunch room. None of those toolboxes have an inside source within the organization unless it's the organization playing them.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:24 PM
WSI High Priest

So is the Cubs farm system really all that stacked according to local media? They're saying that should be attractive for any manager to want to come manage the Cubs
Old 10-09-2013, 06:11 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieRob View Post
So is the Cubs farm system really all that stacked according to local media? They're saying that should be attractive for any manager to want to come manage the Cubs
Very good potential from the offensive side, but high upside, low floor guys. They have nothing coming in the next 2-3 years from a SP prospect. A lot of guys licking Theo's bootstraps on the organizational rankings. I wish we had their offensive prospects, but they're going to pay through the nose to acquire pitching.
Old 10-09-2013, 06:16 PM
Tom Feargal Hagen

Baseball been very very good to me.

All hail The Rick
Old 10-09-2013, 06:31 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadMoney View Post
Or he got played and his source was using him as a puppet (which is awesome in its own way).
So sure, so sure. Sorry I missed today's backtracking and excuse-making. Anybody hear it? Who You Crappin's gonna be fun. I need to make time for it.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:58 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahagga73 View Post
How could Girardi turn down the Cubs for the Yankees, Dan Bernstein said the Cubs were the better job.
Delusion apparently knows no bounds.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:20 PM
WSI High Priest

'Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like a Cubbie fan scorned...'

DrCrawdad
"In time you can turn these obsessions into careers...Hurry Down Doomsday the bugs are taking over." - Elvis Costello
Old 10-10-2013, 06:07 AM
MMXXIII

Ozzie: I'll manage the Cubs

http://www.csnchicago.com/cubs/ozzie...-want-cubs-job

I'm sure Theo will get right on the horn, ****bag...

0-4

LAST GAME: May 31 - Padres 4, Sox 2
NEXT GAME: Maybe never? Apparently I am bad luck
Old 10-10-2013, 09:50 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCrawdad View Post
'Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like a Cubbie fan scorned...'
Nah....not really. They are the stupidest, most blissfully ignorant fans in all of pro sports. Their team hasn't won a championship in 105 years and counting. They haven't even been to a championship series in 68 years. That is the worst/longest drought in all four leagues. Yet, there they are, year after year, acting like their team is on par with a Yankees or Cardinals as far as history and championships. There they are, year after year, telling anyone who will listen that they are the greatest, most awesome-est fans ever in the history of anything, and that Wrigley Field is as sacred and historical as anything that ever existed. They've been pissed and **** on, laughed at, and history (and baseball almanac) has proven them to be stunningly na´ve and ignorant about their team and the "swagger" they carry around just by being Cub fans (and "Cubs Game" fans). After all this, every year, they are back. Back at the Cubbie convention with their Mardi Gras beads and Cubbie rose colored glasses. Back at Wrigley, singing and dancing to Go Cubs Go after a rousing mid-April victory over the Marlins to improve their record to 6-11. Sure, every so often, they rumble and grumble about something, like in 2006 when a few fans organized a boycott after the season, and symbolically burned their Cubs stuff, (did it again following playoff collapses in '07 an '08). But it's always hubris. This latest "scorn" will soon be forgotten. Within the next few weeks, the Holy Trinity of Theo/Hoyer/Green will unveil whomever the latest savior manager will be, and they will lap it up like pre-chewed cud just like they always predictably do.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:47 PM
WSI Personality

Angry

I'm not going to lie I very much dislike the Cubs to put it lightly, but the thing that bothers me the most about them is the the media and fans are just assuming this Master Plan is going to result in several World Series championships , and how they are not even questioning how things are being done. As far as I'm concerned acquiring a bunch of prospects with potential to someday make it to the majors is not a guarantee of anything. Some might turn out gold but a lot more won't end up being anything special. Even if they do build a nice core of position players you still need to develop pitching , which they are short on right now from what I've heard. And free agency is a crapshoot. People are taking like the Sox are way behind the Cubs on the road back to respectability , I don't see it that way because right now it seems the Sox have an edge in pitching, and will have money to get some help out in the free agent market soon. Getting rid of Sveum too me is just a scapegoat for the fact Rizzo, Castro , and Jeff S. just might not be all that good like they want to believe.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:15 PM
WSI's 2010 Preseason Prediction Contest Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post

That would make for some good theatre, as short-lived as it would be.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:17 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post

I say that we start a collection to make this happen. I would love to see that piece of crap on the north side.

I love his quote about him knowing how to win, if that was the case he wouldn't be out of job.
Old 10-26-2013, 12:57 PM
WSI Church Elder

Got to think think Theo overplayed his hand thinking he had everything needed to get Girardi to come here.

The search since shows Plan B wasn't much of a plan.

I wanted Dave Martinez when the Sox got Ventura. That would be my top of the list.
Old 10-26-2013, 03:27 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 2m Sources: Hinch, Renteria will get second interviews with #Cubs. Wedge interview will be Tuesday. Cubs already have spoken to him by phone.
I'm pretty sure Renteria will be their next manager.