White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on winning the AL ROTY award unanimously, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2014, 08:50 PM
WSI Guru

The Chicago White Sox often offer special events at home games. Here is an example of one:

Family Sundays
One of the best ways to spend time with the family is by taking in a baseball game at the ballpark. These Sunday games are family focused and allow fans to create lasting memories while enjoying America’s pastime. Every Sunday home game includes tickets as low as $5, parking for $10 and kid-friendly programs like autograph sessions, caricature artists, face painters, arts and crafts, pregame pictures with Southpaw and the chance to run the bases after the game.

Thinking about the event above...
Old 01-29-2014, 08:55 PM
WSI Guru

I can't seem to pull up the survey I took earlier, which included: Mullet Night, Big Ten Night, Fan Appreciation Day, Sing Along Day, Michael Jackson Night, Grandparents Day, Halfway to St Pats and three others which I can't remember.
Old 01-29-2014, 10:41 PM
Winner 2014 WSI PTC Contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
I can't seem to pull up the survey I took earlier, which included: Mullet Night, Big Ten Night, Fan Appreciation Day, Sing Along Day, Michael Jackson Night, Grandparents Day, Halfway to St Pats and three others which I can't remember.
That's the same survey that I took...one of the three was a generic "Ethnic Night"; can't remember any others.

I like the free hat giveaway idea in April and the 2005 night ideas.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:12 PM
WSI High Priest

Filling out the survey also got you two free tickets to an April game (save Opening Day or Boston), which is pretty damn cool.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:27 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSoxGal85 View Post
That's the same survey that I took...one of the three was a generic "Ethnic Night"; can't remember any others.

I like the free hat giveaway idea in April and the 2005 night ideas.
The other two were House/EDM Night and Pregame Concerts
Old 01-30-2014, 07:55 AM
WSI Regular

I stated that I never responded to a survey before.
I really liked these ideas:
First Game Memories
Everyone remembers the first time they attended a White Sox game. We want to remember it, too. At every home game, all year, there will be “First Game Hall of Fame” where first-time fans can have their pictures taken along with the people who brought them. Each week, one of those pictures will be displayed in the ballpark (and online) and remain there until the end of THE NEXT season. Each year, one picture will be selected and stay on display … forever!

and

Opening Weekend
Be among the ultimate first fans to set the tone for Sox support in 2014 by attending a game during the first home weekend series April 11 and 12 against the Indians. Sure, it might be cold but what if the cost of coffee or hot chocolate is the same as the temperature at game time. And if it rains? The first 10,000 fans will receive a rain poncho. Either way, everyone at those two games will get a “First Fan” commemorative pin to recognize their efforts to get the year off to a great start.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:57 AM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by We Treat'em View Post
Opening Weekend
Be among the ultimate first fans to set the tone for Sox support in 2014 by attending a game during the first home weekend series April 11 and 12 against the Indians. Sure, it might be cold but what if the cost of coffee or hot chocolate is the same as the temperature at game time. And if it rains? The first 10,000 fans will receive a rain poncho. Either way, everyone at those two games will get a “First Fan” commemorative pin to recognize their efforts to get the year off to a great start.
My god, would I be pissed if I was fan # 10,001 and it started raining
Old 01-30-2014, 10:15 AM
WSI High Priest

I've been pretty critical with on the White Sox marketing and promotions strategy- a combination of what they do as well as how much unrealized potential there is for a franchise for such and long, interesting and unique history.

This survey was very well done- and I like the ideas-
2005-2013 Record: 49-38
MLB Parks Visited: 24, MiLB Parks Visited: 11
"When I heard the National Anthem it hit me," Jose Abreu said through White Sox spokesperson Lou Hernandez. "I love the Anthem. When I learn English I’m going to sing it."
Old 01-30-2014, 12:17 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by We Treat'em View Post
I stated that I never responded to a survey before.
I really liked these ideas:
First Game Memories
Everyone remembers the first time they attended a White Sox game. We want to remember it, too. At every home game, all year, there will be “First Game Hall of Fame” where first-time fans can have their pictures taken along with the people who brought them. Each week, one of those pictures will be displayed in the ballpark (and online) and remain there until the end of THE NEXT season. Each year, one picture will be selected and stay on display … forever!

and

Opening Weekend

That's cool. Like the hat idea too.
Old 01-30-2014, 12:17 PM
WSI High Priest

The different surveys were almost SURELY in response to the questions you answered. I got all of the family based questions, not EDM night lol.

Also, did anyone get an email on how to get the free tickets yet?
Old 01-30-2014, 12:21 PM
WSI High Priest

I also have to say, I was a huge fan of the first game hall of fame and and daddy daughter night.
Old 01-30-2014, 06:01 PM
WSI Regular

Halfway to Halloween
The White Sox are giving fans an opportunity to get more than one wear of their costume with Halfway to Halloween Night. Fans are encouraged to come in costume and celebrate the occasion just as if it were October 31. The night also includes a postgame fireworks show set to “spooky” themed-music.

Post Game Concerts with Well-Known Bands
Join the White Sox for a game and a postgame concert as some of the bigger names in music play postgame concerts. Fans are invited to stay in their seats following what hopefully is another White Sox win and enjoy a number of different musical acts.

Olympic Nights
Join the White Sox in saluting the best the USA has to offer during Olympic nights throughout the summer. These games include special pregame ceremonies where the best athletes from the Chicago area, the country and the world are honored for their accomplishments at the most recent Olympic games.

Last edited by Brian26; 01-30-2014 at 07:46 PM.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:25 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
The other two were House/EDM Night and Pregame Concerts
EDM Night?! Count me in!
Robin!

Yaz! Pliers!

"Robin Ventura has one thing Ozzie does not have -- CLASS!" ~My dad, in response to seeing the Sox commercials that featured Robin, 03.08.12

Old 01-30-2014, 09:39 PM
WSI High Priest

Thanksgiving and the 4th of July happen every single year. Do Sox fans find them stale?
"Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but its nature is to be extravagant, and those who go so far as to stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only when they are ruined."
-- Thucydides
Old 01-30-2014, 10:40 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeFish View Post
Thanksgiving and the 4th of July happen every single year. Do Sox fans find them stale?
Mullet night and Elvis night are almost exactly like major national holidays. Boyer has the right idea......no sense in doing any new work because those ideas should sell themselves year after year after year after year.