White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2014, 10:27 AM
WSI Church Elder

I think the new cap is ugly and I can't imagine it being paried up with the current black/gray uniforms. I'm hoping the 83' uniforms are not used again this season as I think that ship has sailed. It seems Reinsdorf and the executive brass have a soft spot for those uniforms as they represent their first market-facing impact on the franchise after their taking ownership.

In hindsight, they were better than the pajamas/shorts era, but not by much and certainly no better than the current uniforms.

I do wish they would tweak the current black/silver set and make some corrections/changes. First, bring back the diamond patch on the road jerseys and then decide what type of trim should be on the road grays. The jerseys have the older, traditional tuxedo stripe trim on the arms but the pants have a single black pin stripe. Either bring back the tuxedo stripe on the pants or remove it from the jerseys and add a black pin stripe. I can't believe a major league team can't figure that out. Maybe even add a black cap with a grey bill, similar to the BP caps.

Second, I would like to see two alternate black jerseys. I would like to see the road black alternate have a Chicago scipt similar to the road grays and the home black SOX alternate jersey should be like the original home alternate black jerseys with no trim on the sleeves. I think that matches up better with the home pinstripe pants. I was never a fan of the vests, especially the fake ones with the black sleeves sewn on.

Third, I would like to see an actual specific Sunday only home uniform. I think a solid white uniform with black piping, similar to the Detroit Tigers home uniforms, would look pretty cool.

I understand the need to push merchandise and to wear alternate caps. I get it from a marketing standpoint because how many black SOX caps can the average fan purchase over 20+ seasons? I just wish the SOX would try experimenting with the current set of uniforms instead of relyining on the 83 softball uniforms.
Old 02-10-2014, 12:54 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeteorsSox4367 View Post
The only change I would make to the current Sox uniform is to bring back the vests as an alternate jersey.

Otherwise, I think what the Sox have now is clean, classic and sharp. I like it.
Yeah, I never got why the vests disappeared. Those were cool and can definitely be associated with 2005.

As for the uniforms, the Sox should be wearing them until long after we're gone. It's that good, people.
Old 02-10-2014, 02:20 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsteel View Post
Woof
Double Woof..!!
Old 02-10-2014, 02:23 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
All of the uniform changes through the years, most of them horrible, contributed more in hurting the identity of the club than anything that happened on the field. Jeff Torborg talked Reinsdorf into the final uniform change when they finally got it right and updated the classic 1959 uniforms. The Sox unis are classy and timeless now and should never be changed. Bring back the diamond sock on the roads, the tuxedo stripe on the grey pants and the sleeveless jersey on home Sundays. The '72 and '83 unis were fun to see, but nobody should be considering those as full time unis.

Also, when you look at the history of the team (photos of the World Series, Frank going into the HOF with the SOX hat, pictures of Fisk, Robin, Ozzie, Konerko, Buehrle all the way through Sale and Abreu, there is something cohesive and comforting when you look at the videos and the baseball cards or programs when they all have essentially the same uniform and same logo on the hat. It ties everything together and gives the franchise history and identity. I think it's cool that Tim Raines wore the same Sox uniform as Adam Eaton will in 2014. I may be overly sentimental about this, but that's my take.
Touche..!!
Old 02-10-2014, 10:56 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
All of the uniform changes through the years, most of them horrible, contributed more in hurting the identity of the club than anything that happened on the field. Jeff Torborg talked Reinsdorf into the final uniform change when they finally got it right and updated the classic 1959 uniforms. The Sox unis are classy and timeless now and should never be changed. Bring back the diamond sock on the roads, the tuxedo stripe on the grey pants and the sleeveless jersey on home Sundays. The '72 and '83 unis were fun to see, but nobody should be considering those as full time unis.

Also, when you look at the history of the team (photos of the World Series, Frank going into the HOF with the SOX hat, pictures of Fisk, Robin, Ozzie, Konerko, Buehrle all the way through Sale and Abreu, there is something cohesive and comforting when you look at the videos and the baseball cards or programs when they all have essentially the same uniform and same logo on the hat. It ties everything together and gives the franchise history and identity. I think it's cool that Tim Raines wore the same Sox uniform as Adam Eaton will in 2014. I may be overly sentimental about this, but that's my take.
Well said! I don't like these hats, but if others do, it won't kill me to see us wear them in BP.