GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2020, 11:41 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumpJerry View Post
I still strongly urge those who want to let the organization hear their voice to mail a letter to the team by US Mail.

I'm willing to bet there are thousands of new tweets each day for them to wade through not to mention even more emails.

A letter dropped on your desk does not get ignored. Social media (Twitter, Facebook) is for being the Town Crier.
Strongly disagree here. A letter can be read and then simply thrown away or shredded. A tweet though, makes an impression. It's seen by thousands of people, gets shared by people and can get shared across platforms. In today's world it is the most effective way to grab a business's attention. A friend was recently telling a story about an issue they had with Hertz and had been on the phone for 45 minutes trying to resolve an issue. Gave up, went on twitter and got a response back in 2 minutes.
Old 01-30-2020, 12:06 PM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobo View Post
Strongly disagree here. A letter can be read and then simply thrown away or shredded. A tweet though, makes an impression. It's seen by thousands of people, gets shared by people and can get shared across platforms. In today's world it is the most effective way to grab a business's attention. A friend was recently telling a story about an issue they had with Hertz and had been on the phone for 45 minutes trying to resolve an issue. Gave up, went on twitter and got a response back in 2 minutes.
Yep. I was hitting a dead end in my efforts to get good customer service from Energizer. Best they offered were some coupons for half the initial value of the purchase which had been rejected at Best Buy. This process played out over several months. When I informed them the coupons didn't work they promised to escalate things to a higher level of customer support and then nothing happened for a week. I sent a follow up email and it was ignored too. I sent a tweet and within an hour had a reply. Then a week later they sent me a check for the value of the coupons and told me I could still use the coupons and told me what stores they would work at.

My tweet was also picked up by another twitter feed that specializes in amplifying poor customer service stories because of one of the hashtags I used. Companies are very sensitive to poor customer service being talked about on twitter.

Riding shotgun on the Sox bandwagon since before there was an Internet...
Old 01-30-2020, 12:10 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochile View Post
Yep. I was hitting a dead end in my efforts to get good customer service from Energizer. Best they offered were some coupons for half the initial value of the purchase which had been rejected at Best Buy. This process played out over several months. When I informed them the coupons didn't work they promised to escalate things to a higher level of customer support and then nothing happened for a week. I sent a follow up email and it was ignored too. I sent a tweet and within an hour had a reply. Then a week later they sent me a check for the value of the coupons and told me I could still use the coupons and told me what stores they would work at.

My tweet was also picked up by another twitter feed that specializes in amplifying poor customer service stories because of one of the hashtags I used. Companies are very sensitive to poor customer service being talked about on twitter.
Which hashtag is that? Might come in handy.
Old 01-30-2020, 12:18 PM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS1 View Post
Which hashtag is that? Might come in handy.
#badcustomerservice
Old 01-30-2020, 08:56 PM
WSI Regular

Did anyone attend the Saturday Morning Breakfast with the Sox? Or hear from those who had. Just curious how that went and if people liked it
Old 02-01-2020, 12:20 AM
WSI Church Elder

I went to the breakfast. It was held across the street in one of the Marriott function rooms. A basic bacon and eggs buffet -- nothing spectacular, that wasn't the point, but the food was fine -- then after we were settled in Renteria, DJ and a half dozen players came through. They each spent a few minutes at each table taking pictures with the guests (no autographs) then ding, time to move to the next table in rotation. It was fun.
Old 02-01-2020, 03:49 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobo View Post

It depends on who you're dealing with. Many companies ignore Twitter because so much of the electronic stuff is bot-driven. Even people who don't understand that are becoming desensitized. Bad Yelp reviews and negative Facebook comments don't have the power they used to have. There are exceptions, but you're more likely not to be ignored with a strong letter. But it requires language skills to pull it off.
Old 02-01-2020, 05:10 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDog View Post
It depends on who you're dealing with. Many companies ignore Twitter because so much of the electronic stuff is bot-driven. Even people who don't understand that are becoming desensitized. Bad Yelp reviews and negative Facebook comments don't have the power they used to have. There are exceptions, but you're more likely not to be ignored with a strong letter. But it requires language skills to pull it off.
[emphasis added]

Plus time, thought, paper, pen, an envelope and postage.
“There were a few hard rules, but everybody was unique, and he understood that. George’s great strength was he didn’t overcoach. There’s no place for panic on the mound.” - Jim Palmer on George Bamberger “Arms and the man,” Sports Illustrated, April 19, 2004
Old 02-21-2020, 10:05 AM
WSI Church Elder

Default Sox Fest Survey

I received an email from the Sox asking me to take a survey about Sox Fest. It was fairly lengthy and detailed, with open spaces to add your comments to the set questions. So check your email and take advantage of that if you got it.