White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-16-2019, 11:11 PM
thomas35forever's Avatar
thomas35forever thomas35forever is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lombard
Posts: 27,454
Default Bill Walton

Can I just say that tonight's broadcast may be the most entertaining in team history?
__________________
Consistency lost
If found, please return to 333 W. 35th Street, Chicago. Generous reward offered.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-16-2019, 11:22 PM
Whitesox029 Whitesox029 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Woodridge
Posts: 3,133
Default

Counterpoint.

[Jane, you ignorant slut.]

I got home from a drive in the car in the 4th inning. Turned on the TV and realized he still didn't know the name of the Sox starting pitcher and wasn't letting Benetti get a word in edgewise about the actual game. Checked his Wikipedia article and found it devoid of the word "baseball". Checked it again for the word "Chicago" and only found references to a couple playoff series against the Bulls. Hard pass. Listening to Farmer and DJ. AJ or Ozzie in the booth would have been way more entertaining. Would it have killed them to get a gimmick color-man with a Chicago connection?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-16-2019, 11:31 PM
Mohoney Mohoney is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Palos Hills, IL
Posts: 12,072
Default

This is wonderful in every way.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsemaster Fred
This is the major leagues so get it how you live and letís fight tomorrow.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-16-2019, 11:45 PM
chisoxfanatic's Avatar
chisoxfanatic chisoxfanatic is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Body is in Chicago. Mind is in Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 27,215
Blog Entries: 1
Default

It has been soooooooo amazing! Bill Walton has been hysterical! I hope he is asked to do more in the future.

Those tie-dye shirts are classic.
__________________
19-20 Blackhawks Attendance Record: 1-1-0 (Next: 10/18 vs. Columbus)

Bucket List Tracker
States Visited: All 50
Attended an NHL game in 13 NHL cities (Next: Carolina 10/26)
Attended Mass at 8 Archdiocese Cathedrals (Next: St. Louis 12/15)

I really love Salt Lake City
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-16-2019, 11:47 PM
A. Cavatica A. Cavatica is offline
Chief Skeptic and 2015 Preseason Predictions Contest Winner
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 7,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesox029 View Post
Counterpoint.

[Jane, you ignorant slut.]

I got home from a drive in the car in the 4th inning. Turned on the TV and realized he still didn't know the name of the Sox starting pitcher and wasn't letting Benetti get a word in edgewise about the actual game. Checked his Wikipedia article and found it devoid of the word "baseball". Checked it again for the word "Chicago" and only found references to a couple playoff series against the Bulls. Hard pass. Listening to Farmer and DJ. AJ or Ozzie in the booth would have been way more entertaining. Would it have killed them to get a gimmick color-man with a Chicago connection?
Iím with you, but still amazed by the uniqueness of it.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-17-2019, 12:07 AM
MrX MrX is offline
Co-Winner WSI 2016 NFL Pick'em contest
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: New Lenox, IL
Posts: 6,048
Default

As a one time thing I think it's been entertaining, but I don't know if you could do it again.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-17-2019, 12:12 AM
I_Liked_Manuel I_Liked_Manuel is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: downers ****ing grove
Posts: 1,597
Default

He did his homework when he asked Benetti what the record for strikeouts in an inning is
__________________
Teacher Says, Every Time Brian Anderson Gets A Hit, An Angel Gets Its Wings.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-17-2019, 12:16 AM
Whitesox029 Whitesox029 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Woodridge
Posts: 3,133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Cavatica View Post
Iím with you, but still amazed by the uniqueness of it.
Hopefully it stays unique...I legitimately enjoyed Jason doing the Vin Scully-style solo broadcast for several innings intermittently yesterday, I thought he nailed it.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-17-2019, 12:27 AM
mccoydp mccoydp is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 3,590
Default

This was the first game I've watched since going back overseas, and it was a ****ing trip. Bill Walton is out there, and I like it!
__________________

Frank Thomas: the best Sox player there was, and the best Sox player there ever will be! No doubt about it!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-17-2019, 12:33 AM
voodoochile's Avatar
voodoochile voodoochile is offline
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 58,483
Blog Entries: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Liked_Manuel View Post
He did his homework when he asked Benetti what the record for strikeouts in an inning is
Good question. I assume it's at least 4 has anyone ever had 5 or more?
__________________

Riding shotgun on the Sox bandwagon since before there was an Internet...
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-17-2019, 12:43 AM
I_Liked_Manuel I_Liked_Manuel is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: downers ****ing grove
Posts: 1,597
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochile View Post
Good question. I assume it's at least 4 has anyone ever had 5 or more?
I don't know, just seemed like a backhanded insult to somebody that was too analytical to see the forest for the trees
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-17-2019, 12:49 AM
Nellie_Fox's Avatar
Nellie_Fox Nellie_Fox is offline
Official Professor
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: North Mankato, MN
Posts: 17,059
Default

How did I know that I'd come in here tonight and find everyone thrilled with the Walton nonsense?
__________________

"Nellie Fox, that little son of a gun, was always on base and was a great hit-and-run man. He sprayed hits all over."
Yogi Berra in the New York Sunday News (July 12, 1970)
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-17-2019, 12:52 AM
thomas35forever's Avatar
thomas35forever thomas35forever is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lombard
Posts: 27,454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nellie_Fox View Post
How did I know that I'd come in here tonight and find everyone thrilled with the Walton nonsense?
Lighten up. Or do the baseball fun police extend to the broadcast booth, too?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-17-2019, 12:55 AM
kittle42 kittle42 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lakeview
Posts: 23,232
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Liked_Manuel View Post
I don't know, just seemed like a backhanded insult to somebody that was too analytical to see the forest for the trees
That would only be the case if the answer was 3.
__________________
Ridiculousness across all sports:

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-17-2019, 12:56 AM
kittle42 kittle42 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lakeview
Posts: 23,232
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas35forever View Post
Lighten up. Or do the baseball fun police extend to the broadcast booth, too?
They sure do, and a lot of broadcasters themselves extend them there.

No silliness! This sporting is serious business.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:12 PM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.