White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2019, 08:30 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSox5187 View Post
That 2016 team might be my least favorite Sox team of all-time. What a mess that whole season was.
It's pretty bad for a franchise when there are multiple seasons this decade that can be argued to be the least favorite/least likable Sox team of all time. The 2011 team was right up there.....but that's getting off topic here.
Old 05-22-2019, 08:44 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risk View Post
I always thought that it was Jimmy Rollins that complained about the lack of professionalism and having Drake LaRoche in the clubhouse, but I might be mistaken. Good on Frazier if he was one who also complained about it.

Regardless, much as I miss Sale's ability, I don't miss his (or Eaton's) clownshoes antics.

God--nothing but bad memories during the Ventura years. What a dumpster fire.

Risk
I remember Fraizer being the one who complained about the Drake LaRoche situation, but it could very well have been Jimmy Rollins too.

Kudos to them for having the professionalism to call out a ridiculous situation in the team clubhouse. It was a sign that the clubhouse lacked leadership....including from the manager....and I'm glad a couple of new acquisitions cared enough to call out that total nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
No doubt in my mind that somehow Eaton is the bad guy in this, I really liked Eaton and Sale as players but bottom line they were a couple of Clubhouse Lawyer types and jerks, didn't bother me at all that they were traded.
I also remember hearing that it was Frazier who complained about the great clubhouse leader, Drake LaRoche.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blurry View Post
Eaton was a clubhouse cancer and it appears he still is to this day. I'm glad they traded his dumbass.
Agreed. I wonder if that Eaton for Lopez-Giolito-Dunning trade is going to look the most lopsided of all our big rebuild trades in the end. We sold high on Eaton. Gio seems to be starting to click, Lopez looks like a keeper in the rotation even with his ups and downs, and I'm even still high on Dunning despite the TJS setback. PLUS, we got to unload a clubhouse cancer.

Yeah, we got more high ceiling talent in the other trades, but we - by far- gave up the least in Eaton for what we got back - 3 pitchers who still look like they could be part of our future rotation. Eaton has yet to play 100 games in a season since the Nats got him.
Old 05-22-2019, 09:27 AM
WSI High Priest

I listened to the Sox Talk podcast that just came out on this topic.
Garfien and the team had some very interesting tidbits on what happened.
It's a great episode.

It definitely appears that Rollins was the one that complained and Eaton/Sale were not happy. Sale really was unhappy towards the end and it appears he had some big issues with Kenny. Sale comes across as a huge locker room cancer.
Old 05-22-2019, 09:34 AM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurry View Post
Eaton was a clubhouse cancer and it appears he still is to this day. I'm glad they traded his dumbass.
Well two solid SP at least one of whom might be a 2 or even higher for any player is a solid return.

Riding shotgun on the Sox bandwagon since before there was an Internet...
Old 05-22-2019, 10:02 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitmen77 View Post
I remember Fraizer being the one who complained about the Drake LaRoche situation, but it could very well have been Jimmy Rollins too.
I remember Rollins as the one who raised hell about it and went to Kenny Williams.
Both sides of the Eaton trade were great. Santiago for Giolito, Lopez and Dunning, plus received the benefit of Eaton's best years in between. Repeat that 3 times and we'd be set.
Old 05-22-2019, 03:54 PM
WSI High Priest

Sometimes "Being Yourself" is not the best thing for a team or a business in general. Remember that in other situations as well. Sale may have grown up a bit in Boston. Eaton? I guess not.
Old 05-22-2019, 10:29 PM
WSI Church Elder

The memory of those days is still a downer. Lord knows we've all seen some bad stuff over many years of fandom, but like others here I just could not stand those guys. The upside is that now I never give a second's thought to any of them no matter what they do with their current team. Sale can win Cy Youngs and I could not care less; seems he dealt with some of his anger and immaturity. Eaton's still an ass.

I always liked Todd and it's funny to me that he still carries the grudge. If you've ever had someone ruin a workplace you liked, you can sympathize. And Ozzie sure told it like it was.