Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2018, 08:58 AM
WSI High Priest

We'll take dat one.
Old 08-04-2018, 09:10 AM
WSI High Priest

I've watched most of the Rays games this year and they have been fun to watch, still not sure if Cash is that good of a manager but they play pretty hard for him and the Rays surprised me especially after they did a big housecleaning over the winter. I would have bet that no way they would have around 20 more wins than the Sox in early August. The bad part is having to listen to Staats and Brian Anderson every night, last night they were knocking the Sox pretty good and thought that in year 2 of the rebuild they should be a much better team and that the Sox have a culture of losing which will have an affect on the young guys. Obviously they paid no attention to the Astros who lost over 100 games 3 years in a row before they turned it around. Last week Staats took a 3 day break and Dave Wills the Rays radio broadcaster moved over to the TV booth, what a refreshing change over the dour Staats, wish he would come back to the Sox in the radio booth.

One other note on last night's game, the squeeze bunt that Mallex Smith put down was excellent but what the Sox did after the bunt was straight out of the Keystone Kops and 3 Stooges, the Sox looked like a bunch of Little Leaguers after the bunt was laid down.

Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 08-04-2018 at 12:52 PM.
Old 08-04-2018, 09:28 AM
WSI High Priest

Great out by Giolito. The Anderson Intentional Walk was a head scratcher.

DrCrawdad
"In time you can turn these obsessions into careers...Hurry Down Doomsday the bugs are taking over." - Elvis Costello
Old 08-04-2018, 09:35 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCrawdad
Great out by Giolito. The Anderson Intentional Walk was a head scratcher.
Anderson murders LHP when compared to Moncada. It puts force plays at 2B and 3B for the final out if the inning. You absolutely make Moncada beat you in that spot.
Old 08-04-2018, 09:48 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohoney View Post
Anderson murders LHP when compared to Moncada. It puts force plays at 2B and 3B for the final out if the inning. You absolutely make Moncada beat you in that spot.
I didnít think of that. Thanks
Old 08-04-2018, 10:14 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by shingo10 View Post
This bullpen management is really annoying. Is Ricky going to get every single reliever into every game the rest of the way? And really it's overall pitching management because in the past two weeks there have been at least 4 times where he has left a starter in to begin the 8th inning and they have gotten into trouble. Either let these guys sink or swim or pull them before the inning starts. If the goal is to teach them to go deeper then the starters should be cleaning up their own messes at this point as long as the pitch count isn't ridiculous.
My son calls Minaya ďThe Bank TellerĒ because he always cashed in inherited runners. Itís not a question of if the runs will score, but how.

It really sucks to see a starter have a stellar outing - again, just to watch the clown show flush it.

ďIt's not the high price of stardom that bothers me...it's the high price of mediocrity." - Bill Veeck
Old 08-04-2018, 03:09 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohoney View Post
Even Benetti and Stone called out the blatant stupidity of that bunt attempt by Kiermaier, a guy with 11 total sacrifices in 26 total sacrifice attempts in over 1900 career plate appearances, including a big fat goose egg this year.

Not to mention that willingly giving up an out to advance a runner to 2nd base is a suckerís bet from the get-go...
I'm not 100% with you on this but pretty damn close.