Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2019, 06:06 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohoney View Post
We now have 19(!) games without a day off, followed by another 18(!) games without a day off.

I wish they would have called up a reliever to replace Santana, then optioned an outfielder to call up a spot starter for the next Giolito start.
Well on the bright side, I expect tomorrow's game to be postponed since we're under a winter storm watch with 4-8" of snow predicted.

I don't know if they'll simply have the make up on Sunday as a DH or if the make up game will be later in the season.
Old 04-28-2019, 09:52 AM
WSI High Priest

Eloy and Nate Jones placed on IL. Sox recalled Aaron Bummer (ick) and Thygo Vierra to take their places on the active roster.

2019 Sox Attendance Tracker: 5-2
All time Sox Attendance Tracker:

282-243
Old 04-28-2019, 10:15 AM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chez View Post
Eloy and Nate Jones placed on IL. Sox recalled Aaron Bummer (ick) and Thygo Vierra to take their places on the active roster.
Bummer's actually been okay at Charlotte this year Viera not so much. Both of them have been used in longer than single inning outings so I am guessing they will be with Fulmer in the longer relief roles with Banuelos getting the "next man up" for the 5th slot. I'm a little surprised they haven't called up Covey who is doing well at AAA, but maybe they want him to continue working on something in particular or leave him where he is so he can be used as trade bait without risking him tanking at the major league level and destroying his value.

Riding shotgun on the Sox bandwagon since before there was an Internet...
Old 04-28-2019, 10:33 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochile View Post
Bummer's actually been okay at Charlotte this year Viera not so much. Both of them have been used in longer than single inning outings so I am guessing they will be with Fulmer in the longer relief roles with Banuelos getting the "next man up" for the 5th slot. I'm a little surprised they haven't called up Covey who is doing well at AAA, but maybe they want him to continue working on something in particular or leave him where he is so he can be used as trade bait without risking him tanking at the major league level and destroying his value.
With Santana now gone, Covey needs to stay in AAA as insurance against another starter injury.
Old 04-28-2019, 10:42 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Charlotte
Vierra, 1.44 WHIP, 7Ks/9
Bummer 1.17 WHIP 7.7Ks/9
Versus
Marshall: .90 WHIP, 11.7 Ks/9
Old 04-28-2019, 10:54 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragg View Post
Charlotte
Vierra, 1.44 WHIP, 7Ks/9
Bummer 1.17 WHIP 7.7Ks/9
Versus
Would require a 40 man move- but I'm surprised they're not giving Marshall a shot. I'd also rather see Tilson getting time in LF instead Delmonico.
Old 04-28-2019, 10:58 AM
WSI High Priest

Bummer has never met an inherited runner he hasn't allowed to score. I hope he has figured it out in Charlotte, With Cordell returning to earth, I wouldn't be surprised to see Tilson replace a relief pitcher when Gilolito is activated.
Old 04-28-2019, 11:01 AM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragg View Post
Charlotte
Vierra, 1.44 WHIP, 7Ks/9
Bummer 1.17 WHIP 7.7Ks/9
Versus
Marshall got absolutely shelled his MLB stints with ARI, CLE and SEA. Got a fair amount of appearances also. He looked great in AAA before his call up, but then got wrecked and he's already 29.

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp...ching/2019/ALL
Old 04-28-2019, 11:24 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Bummer has never met an inherited runner he hasn't allowed to score. I hope he has figured it out in Charlotte, With Cordell returning to earth, I wouldn't be surprised to see Tilson replace a relief pitcher when Gilolito is activated.
Bummer should not be brought into games with runners in scoring position. He should be given fresh innings, or failing that, bases-empty innings with an out or two already recorded. Itís up to the manager to manage the personnel based on strengths and weaknesses.
Old 04-28-2019, 11:31 AM
WSI Guru

High ankle sprains are very difficult to heal and they take a long time. I'd be surprised if he's back inside of a month. Wouldn't be surprised if like when a basketball player gets one of these, he's in a walking boot for a while. Story said he'll be reevaluated in two weeks.

As far as Jones, why would anybody be surprised at this? Time to give him his release as soon as he comes off the IL.

Anybody who had the under for two months before Jones got hurt and went on the IL congrats!
Old 04-28-2019, 01:17 PM
WSI High Priest

And now Ryan Burr has been placed on the IR. On the pre-game show, RR said that Eloy will be evaluated in two weeks. Lip, sounds like you're right.
Old 04-28-2019, 01:41 PM
WSI Guru

Starting to drop like flies. Another tanking year is underway!
Old 04-28-2019, 01:57 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas35forever View Post
What the hell happened on the snow out day? Did these guys get hurt in a snowball fight or fall off their sleds. Unbelievable.

Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 04-28-2019 at 02:04 PM.
Old 04-28-2019, 02:44 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas35forever View Post
Same song, different verse from the previous two seasons...
Old 04-28-2019, 02:46 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
What the hell happened on the snow out day? Did these guys get hurt in a snowball fight or fall off their sleds. Unbelievable.
The Yankees can lose a dozen guys and they'll still win 90 games...if the Sox start to lose that many you are looking at another 95 loss season (which in fairness you may have been looking at even if nobody got hurt...)

But more importantly to me, it's giving the front office a convenient excuse if things do go completely south again this year.
Closed Thread