GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2019, 05:24 PM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
Love: He'll be reevaluated in two weeks according to Ricky on the pregame show today.

As I've posted high ankle sprains are really, really bad. They take forever to heal. Idaho State's point guard had one in early December and didn't return until February just to give you an example.

Doctors and trainers have told me a bad high ankle sprain can take anywhere from six weeks to three months to heal properly.

Eloy isn't going to be playing before Memorial Day if he's really lucky, then he'll have to have a rehab assignment. I don't think you'll see him back with the Sox until the middle of June. myself but we'll see.
Different for baseball players. He might be able to DH minimum in 2 weeks. He doesn't need to cut hard like basketball players and football players do.

Riding shotgun on the Sox bandwagon since before there was an Internet...
Old 04-28-2019, 05:28 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDog View Post
... Of course, the big two-out double in the first proved all the Sox would need. ...
There was one out. ;)
Old 04-28-2019, 05:29 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chez View Post
You're basing this on your interpretation of Eloy's MRI, right Doctor? Otherwise . . .pft.
Chez: Despite your sarcastic comment I'm telling you what I've been told BY doctors and trainers.

But don't take my word for it since obviously you think I'm a ****ing idiot, here's Scott Merkin's story on the White Sox web site:

"According to healthline.com, high ankle sprains can take anywhere from six weeks to three months to heal."

That's exactly what I've been told.

Eloy's damn lucky the way he hit that wall he didn't break the ankle although as I posted elsewhere doctors and trainers have told me in many cases a broken ankle heals faster then a bad high ankle sprain.

Care to wager on when Eloy's back? It would be a ****ing miracle if he's back in less than a month.
Old 04-28-2019, 05:29 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Moncada was one for three with a walk today. That's not a bad day, right?
I sure hope going .333/.400/.333 turns out to be a bad day throughout his career.

Lopez struck out 14. This was a good day for the rebuild.
Old 04-28-2019, 05:31 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochile View Post
Different for baseball players. He might be able to DH minimum in 2 weeks. He doesn't need to cut hard like basketball players and football players do.
Voodoo: Not have to cut hard? Running the bases is hard, rounding the bases is hard putting stress and strain on an ankle.

Not as bad as football or basketball sure but to say he doesn't need to cut hard (at all) would be wrong.
Old 04-28-2019, 05:32 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Chez: Despite your sarcastic comment I'm telling you what I've been told BY doctors and trainers.

But don't take my word for it since obviously you think I'm a ****ing idiot, here's Scott Merkin's story on the White Sox web site:

"According to healthline.com, high ankle sprains can take anywhere from six weeks to three months to heal."

That's exactly what I've been told.

Eloy's damn lucky the way he hit that wall he didn't break the ankle although as I posted elsewhere doctors and trainers have told me in many cases a broken ankle heals faster then a bad high ankle sprain.

Care to wager on when Eloy's back? It would be a ****ing miracle if he's back in less than a month.
I don't think you are an idiot. Not at all. And I apologize if I came off as thinking you are.

2019 Sox Attendance Tracker: 7-5
All time Sox Attendance Tracker:

284-246
Old 04-28-2019, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Voodoo: Not have to cut hard? Running the bases is hard, rounding the bases is hard putting stress and strain on an ankle.

Not as bad as football or basketball sure but to say he doesn't need to cut hard (at all) would be wrong.
Guess we'll find out, but I can see him batting sooner than a basketball player would be able to play again just because of the different dynamics, but time will tell.
Old 04-28-2019, 05:40 PM

All 14 K...

https://twitter.com/whitesox/status/1122602486991396864

FYI, this is only the third time since at least 1908 that a pitcher has gone 6 given up 0 ER and struck out 14.

Also the Sox tied the MLB record for most K from a pitching staff in a 9 inning game.
Old 04-28-2019, 05:51 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
I don't think you are an idiot. Not at all. And I apologize if I came off as thinking you are.
Chez: Thanks. I sent you a reply to your e-mail. Again I appreciate you reaching out, that was damn nice of you.
Old 04-28-2019, 05:52 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochile View Post
Guess we'll find out, but I can see him batting sooner than a basketball player would be able to play again just because of the different dynamics, but time will tell.
Voodoo: I hope you're right, this organization doesn't need another gut-punch to another top prospect.

For what it is worth and I have no idea how he came by this info or if it is just an opinion but I saw a Tweet from South Side Sox where he said Eloy won't be back in Chicago until after the All-Star Break that he was in a walking boot right now.
Old 04-28-2019, 05:59 PM
WSI Personality

I missed the game but was told Lopez looked FILTHY out there today.

Sox pitchers fanned 20!
Old 04-28-2019, 06:06 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeFish View Post
I suppose Lopez's performance is the sole bright spot for the rebuild today. Tim Anderson 0-for-4, Moncada with just one hit.
Lol. Only one hit for Moncada. Maybe heís hiding an injury? And Anderson mired in an 0-4 slump. Hope he snaps out of it soon!

I guess Lopez was okay so thereís that.
Old 04-28-2019, 06:09 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenBerryGrab View Post
There was one out. ;)

I thought Anderson and McCann struck out before the Castillo double and the Rondon strikeout, but my attention was divided as I was following the accounts of the game.
Old 04-28-2019, 06:22 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeFish View Post
I suppose Lopez's performance is the sole bright spot for the rebuild today. Tim Anderson 0-for-4, Moncada with just one hit.
I'm confused. A win is a good day. What are you talking about when you say "for the rebuild?" We definitely need to win, regardless of individual performances, because that is what we hope happens more often.

Greatest Arsenal goal I have ever witnessed. Chills to this day watching it.
Old 04-28-2019, 06:26 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by guillensdisciple View Post
I'm confused. A win is a good day. What are you talking about when you say "for the rebuild?" We definitely need to win, regardless of individual performances, because that is what we hope happens more often.
ANY day one of our young rotation pieces has a dominant day, that's a GREAT day for the rebuild.