White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 04-28-2019, 05:24 PM
voodoochile's Avatar
voodoochile voodoochile is offline
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 57,966
Blog Entries: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
Love: He'll be reevaluated in two weeks according to Ricky on the pregame show today.

As I've posted high ankle sprains are really, really bad. They take forever to heal. Idaho State's point guard had one in early December and didn't return until February just to give you an example.

Doctors and trainers have told me a bad high ankle sprain can take anywhere from six weeks to three months to heal properly.

Eloy isn't going to be playing before Memorial Day if he's really lucky, then he'll have to have a rehab assignment. I don't think you'll see him back with the Sox until the middle of June. myself but we'll see.
Different for baseball players. He might be able to DH minimum in 2 weeks. He doesn't need to cut hard like basketball players and football players do.
__________________

Riding shotgun on the Sox bandwagon since before there was an Internet...
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-28-2019, 05:28 PM
KenBerryGrab KenBerryGrab is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Madison, Wis.
Posts: 2,656
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDog View Post
... Of course, the big two-out double in the first proved all the Sox would need. ...
There was one out. ;)
__________________
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/signaturepics/sigpic10044_1.gif
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-28-2019, 05:29 PM
Lip Man 1 Lip Man 1 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Chubbuck, Idaho
Posts: 34,134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chez View Post
You're basing this on your interpretation of Eloy's MRI, right Doctor? Otherwise . . .pft.
Chez: Despite your sarcastic comment I'm telling you what I've been told BY doctors and trainers.

But don't take my word for it since obviously you think I'm a ****ing idiot, here's Scott Merkin's story on the White Sox web site:

"According to healthline.com, high ankle sprains can take anywhere from six weeks to three months to heal."

That's exactly what I've been told.

Eloy's damn lucky the way he hit that wall he didn't break the ankle although as I posted elsewhere doctors and trainers have told me in many cases a broken ankle heals faster then a bad high ankle sprain.

Care to wager on when Eloy's back? It would be a ****ing miracle if he's back in less than a month.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-28-2019, 05:29 PM
MISoxfan MISoxfan is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,315
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chez View Post
Moncada was one for three with a walk today. That's not a bad day, right?
I sure hope going .333/.400/.333 turns out to be a bad day throughout his career.

Lopez struck out 14. This was a good day for the rebuild.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-28-2019, 05:31 PM
Lip Man 1 Lip Man 1 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Chubbuck, Idaho
Posts: 34,134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochile View Post
Different for baseball players. He might be able to DH minimum in 2 weeks. He doesn't need to cut hard like basketball players and football players do.
Voodoo: Not have to cut hard? Running the bases is hard, rounding the bases is hard putting stress and strain on an ankle.

Not as bad as football or basketball sure but to say he doesn't need to cut hard (at all) would be wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 04-28-2019, 05:32 PM
Chez's Avatar
Chez Chez is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Clarendon Hills
Posts: 7,059
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
Chez: Despite your sarcastic comment I'm telling you what I've been told BY doctors and trainers.

But don't take my word for it since obviously you think I'm a ****ing idiot, here's Scott Merkin's story on the White Sox web site:

"According to healthline.com, high ankle sprains can take anywhere from six weeks to three months to heal."

That's exactly what I've been told.

Eloy's damn lucky the way he hit that wall he didn't break the ankle although as I posted elsewhere doctors and trainers have told me in many cases a broken ankle heals faster then a bad high ankle sprain.

Care to wager on when Eloy's back? It would be a ****ing miracle if he's back in less than a month.
I don't think you are an idiot. Not at all. And I apologize if I came off as thinking you are.
__________________

2019 Sox Attendance Tracker: 7-5
All time Sox Attendance Tracker:

284-246
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-28-2019, 05:36 PM
voodoochile's Avatar
voodoochile voodoochile is offline
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 57,966
Blog Entries: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
Voodoo: Not have to cut hard? Running the bases is hard, rounding the bases is hard putting stress and strain on an ankle.

Not as bad as football or basketball sure but to say he doesn't need to cut hard (at all) would be wrong.
Guess we'll find out, but I can see him batting sooner than a basketball player would be able to play again just because of the different dynamics, but time will tell.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-28-2019, 05:40 PM
voodoochile's Avatar
voodoochile voodoochile is offline
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 57,966
Blog Entries: 9
Default

All 14 K...

https://twitter.com/whitesox/status/1122602486991396864

FYI, this is only the third time since at least 1908 that a pitcher has gone 6 given up 0 ER and struck out 14.

Also the Sox tied the MLB record for most K from a pitching staff in a 9 inning game.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-28-2019, 05:51 PM
Lip Man 1 Lip Man 1 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Chubbuck, Idaho
Posts: 34,134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chez View Post
I don't think you are an idiot. Not at all. And I apologize if I came off as thinking you are.
Chez: Thanks. I sent you a reply to your e-mail. Again I appreciate you reaching out, that was damn nice of you.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-28-2019, 05:52 PM
Lip Man 1 Lip Man 1 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Chubbuck, Idaho
Posts: 34,134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochile View Post
Guess we'll find out, but I can see him batting sooner than a basketball player would be able to play again just because of the different dynamics, but time will tell.
Voodoo: I hope you're right, this organization doesn't need another gut-punch to another top prospect.

For what it is worth and I have no idea how he came by this info or if it is just an opinion but I saw a Tweet from South Side Sox where he said Eloy won't be back in Chicago until after the All-Star Break that he was in a walking boot right now.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-28-2019, 05:59 PM
blurry blurry is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 797
Default

I missed the game but was told Lopez looked FILTHY out there today.

Sox pitchers fanned 20!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-28-2019, 06:06 PM
Harry Chappas Harry Chappas is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Evanston
Posts: 1,261
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeFish View Post
I suppose Lopez's performance is the sole bright spot for the rebuild today. Tim Anderson 0-for-4, Moncada with just one hit.
Lol. Only one hit for Moncada. Maybe heís hiding an injury? And Anderson mired in an 0-4 slump. Hope he snaps out of it soon!

I guess Lopez was okay so thereís that.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-28-2019, 06:09 PM
TDog TDog is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Modesto, California
Posts: 18,456
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenBerryGrab View Post
There was one out. ;)

I thought Anderson and McCann struck out before the Castillo double and the Rondon strikeout, but my attention was divided as I was following the accounts of the game.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-28-2019, 06:22 PM
guillensdisciple guillensdisciple is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 18,095
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeFish View Post
I suppose Lopez's performance is the sole bright spot for the rebuild today. Tim Anderson 0-for-4, Moncada with just one hit.
I'm confused. A win is a good day. What are you talking about when you say "for the rebuild?" We definitely need to win, regardless of individual performances, because that is what we hope happens more often.
__________________
http://arsenalist.com/video/?id=xh2dx6

Greatest Arsenal goal I have ever witnessed. Chills to this day watching it.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-28-2019, 06:26 PM
TomBradley72 TomBradley72 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Antioch, IL
Posts: 7,277
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by guillensdisciple View Post
I'm confused. A win is a good day. What are you talking about when you say "for the rebuild?" We definitely need to win, regardless of individual performances, because that is what we hope happens more often.
ANY day one of our young rotation pieces has a dominant day, that's a GREAT day for the rebuild.
__________________
TomBradley72
http://sabr.org/bioproj/person/334c0314
"When youíre going good, youíre not that ****ing good,but when youíre going bad, youíre not that bad. Thatís ****ing Satchel Paige there and thatís wisdom.Ē - Don Cooper, April-2019
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:59 AM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.