GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2019, 12:26 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohoney View Post
The problem with this is that it assumes a 4/13 day at the plate with RISP is somehow inadequate, when it is anything but. Hitting 53 points better than the league average with RISP (.308 for the Sox today vs. a .255 league average) is a good day at the plate, not a bad one.
It’s like lifetime baseball fans have never paid attention to more baseball than was right in front of them.

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Old 05-12-2019, 12:43 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDog View Post
It's not about percentages, certainly not the global percentages. I don't believe Delmonico, who picked up Anderson to begin to extend a seventh-inning two-run lead, is the future of this team, and I don't believe hitless Anderson leaving seven runners on base and hitless Abreu leaving five runners on base should fail to disappoint because the team overall had a higher batting average with runners in scoring position that major league baseball overall has had this season.

The team result was certainly more than adequate. The Sox probably would have won if they hadn't scored after the seventh. Fortunately, we'll never know. Sanchez drove in as many runs through seven as the Jays scored all day. The Jays meanwhile gave the White Sox an abundance of opportunity in the last three innings, and the five runs in the last three innings proved the difference in the game.

My initial statement wasn't even a criticism, really. It was an observation that the Sox wasted scoring opportunities. I think you not caring about wasting scoring opportunities is ridiculously misguided, but I really only mention that in response of your defense of wasting scoring opportunities.
Your standards are unrealistic. Hitting a baseball is really hard, and hitters are going to fail at it a lot more often than they succeed at it.
Old 05-12-2019, 04:48 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohoney View Post
Your standards are unrealistic. Hitting a baseball is really hard, and hitters are going to fail at it a lot more often than they succeed at it.
Apparently so is running the bases, playing defense, throwing to the right base and pitching.

Pitching: (WHIP, BB, WP & ERA)
https://www.baseball-reference.com/l...pitching.shtml

Team Fielding: (# errors, fld %)
https://www.baseball-reference.com/l...fielding.shtml

Baserunning appears to have improved, albeit for a partial season, when compared to last's years results:
https://www.baseball-reference.com/l...-batting.shtml

https://www.baseball-reference.com/l...-batting.shtml
“There were a few hard rules, but everybody was unique, and he understood that. George’s great strength was he didn’t overcoach. There’s no place for panic on the mound.” - Jim Palmer on George Bamberger “Arms and the man,” Sports Illustrated, April 19, 2004
Old 05-12-2019, 06:20 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas35forever View Post
That's impossible. Hahn only makes terrible moves. In fact, he's the only GM in baseball who does. I refuse to believe any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
Right? This McCann pickup is an absolute steal so far. Detroit gave him away.
Agreed.

Who would we rather have now - Narvaez or McCann & Colome? And note that McCann is only a little less than 2 years older than Narvaez.
Old 05-12-2019, 06:50 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitmen77 View Post
Agreed.

Who would we rather have now - Narvaez or McCann & Colome? And note that McCann is only a little less than 2 years older than Narvaez.
Or Narvaez and McCann?
I'll take Narvaez and McCann by a mile.