GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2020, 12:57 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochile View Post
Calculated risk. Other team has to add them to their 40-man to keep him. If all he gets is minor league offers, he might end up staying put to continue working with the guys who helped him turn it around as a reliever.
Might even see him in ST competing for a relief spot.
Old 01-09-2020, 01:02 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochile View Post
Calculated risk. Other team has to add them to their 40-man to keep him. If all he gets is minor league offers, he might end up staying put to continue working with the guys who helped him turn it around as a reliever.
I guess they think they see good trends with Ruiz and that Lambert, Flores and Foster are closer to a MLB roster? One of those four will probably go for Cishek, unless we see a small trade.
Old 01-09-2020, 01:09 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS1 View Post
I guess they think they see good trends with Ruiz and that Lambert, Flores and Foster are closer to a MLB roster? One of those four will probably go for Cishek, unless we see a small trade.
Not sure they'll carry 5 catchers on the 40 man once the dust has settled.
Old 01-09-2020, 04:18 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBradley72 View Post
Not sure they'll carry 5 catchers on the 40 man once the dust has settled.
I was thinking that or maybe it will finally be the thankful end of Dylan Covey on the 40 man.

Risk

"Is minic a ghearr teanga duine a scornach"-(Celtic)
"it is often that a person's tongue cut his throat"
Old 01-09-2020, 05:18 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risk View Post
I was thinking that or maybe it will finally be the thankful end of Dylan Covey on the 40 man.

Risk
One can only hope that the Covey experiment will come to a end!
Old 01-09-2020, 07:02 PM
Co-Winner WSI 2018 NFL Pick'em Contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risk View Post

Risk
I'm hoping Covey will be the guy removed from the 40 man when the Cishek signing is announced
Old 01-09-2020, 07:27 PM
WSI Church Elder

Channel 7's sportscaster Jim Rose said Encarnacion officially signed the contract today.
Old 01-09-2020, 11:46 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosiersoxfan View Post
I'm hoping Covey will be the guy removed from the 40 man when the Cishek signing is announced
We keep holding out hope for the likes of him and Ruiz because they throw gas. Too bad both have piss-poor control. Covey just needs to stay in a minor league bullpen and see if that clicks. At least Ruiz is young and his stuff is filthy. Both guys should be in Charlotte’s bullpen ready for taxi duty unless they can show control.

Covey is the obvious choice, though.

Last edited by KRS1; 01-09-2020 at 11:55 PM.
Old 01-10-2020, 09:23 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
We keep holding out hope for the likes of him and Ruiz because they throw gas. Too bad both have piss-poor control. Covey just needs to stay in a minor league bullpen and see if that clicks. At least Ruiz is young and his stuff is filthy. Both guys should be in Charlotte’s bullpen ready for taxi duty unless they can show control.

Covey is the obvious choice, though.
Not only that, but he's only been trying to actually be a pitcher since 2016. I think there's still some time for him to improve his control and command before giving up on him.

Covey... maybe he benefits from a change of scenery. Regardless, we don't need to see more of him.
Old 01-10-2020, 09:50 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:

I'd be surprised if they DFA'd Flores. Same with Lambert as they can move him to the 60-day injured list once the season starts....unless the idea is that he can safely pass through waivers since he's recovering from TJS.
Old 01-10-2020, 11:17 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitmen77 View Post
I'd be surprised if they DFA'd Flores. Same with Lambert as they can move him to the 60-day injured list once the season starts....unless the idea is that he can safely pass through waivers since he's recovering from TJS.
My money's on Zavala. If we really were able to sign Xavier Fernandez to a minor league contract (I looked around and the only organization to even mention it was Baseball America, so I'm not sure it actually happened), he seems like a better, younger version of Zavala who doesn't require a spot on the 40 man. After his disappointing year last year (.767 OPS in Charlotte is not good), I wouldn't be surprised if he got through waivers, but then he might even get demoted to AA with 3 better options in the minors ahead of him (Collins, Mercedes, Fernandez).