White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2019, 02:30 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSox5187 View Post
Robert is day-to-day with a contusion on his left hand
Ugh. I hadnít seen this news.
Old 04-21-2019, 02:58 PM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

Charlotte laying the wood to Norfolk 12-2 in the 6th. Collins having another good game with a double a walk a SF and 3 RBI.

Tilson 3/4 his average is over .350

Palka even has a couple hits.

Jordan Guerrero looking a bit better too 5 IP with 5 K and two ER

Riding shotgun on the Sox bandwagon since before there was an Internet...
Old 04-21-2019, 06:29 PM

Good things happening at AA too where the Barons are currently up 6-2. Booker with two more hits. He's currently hitting .375. Sheets stays hot also with 2 hits including a HR. He's now hitting .259.

Rivera, Rutherford, and Adolfo all have hits. Hopefully they are breaking out of their early season funk.

Lampert with another nice outing so far. Gave up 2 runs but he's struck out 8 through 4.2 and hasn't walked anyone.

Last edited by voodoochile; 04-21-2019 at 06:57 PM.
Old 04-21-2019, 08:49 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochile View Post
Good things happening at AA too where the Barons are currently up 6-2. Booker with two more hits. He's currently hitting .375. Sheets stays hot also with 2 hits including a HR. He's now hitting .259.

Rivera, Rutherford, and Adolfo all have hits. Hopefully they are breaking out of their early season funk.

Lampert with another nice outing so far. Gave up 2 runs but he's struck out 8 through 4.2 and hasn't walked anyone.
I'd put Lambert up there right after Cease as next man up for future rotation candidates. This guy has come on strong since returning to his 4 seam and curve combo instead of the 2 seam + slider.

Also, is Rutherford truly holding a .310 OPS right now in AA

He and Adolfo need to get right. Might be a good idea to drop them both back to A ball and bring Robert up (when healthy) and Basabe.

Maybe it's also time for Booker to get a look in Charlotte.
Old 04-21-2019, 08:52 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Charlotte laying the wood to Norfolk 12-2 in the 6th. Collins having another good game with a double a walk a SF and 3 RBI.

Tilson 3/4 his average is over .350

Palka even has a couple hits.

Jordan Guerrero looking a bit better too 5 IP with 5 K and two ER
Collins has an OPS of 1.040. I hope he can somehow stick at catcher at the major league level.

Quote:

That's an encouraging sign indeed after an ice cold start for the top prospects in AA. Adolfo's hit was a double (his 5th of the season). 2nd day in a row that Sheets has homered. If he can start tapping into his power (he's a big guy) to along with his good hit tool and above average defense, he could very well be our future first baseman.

Curious that Kannapolis is off today on a Sunday.
Old 04-21-2019, 09:01 PM
WSI Prelate

Zack Burdi and Luis Basabe will start rehab assignments with Kannapolis tomorrow. Basabe was sidelined in spring training with a broken hamate bone in his hand.

Burdi, of course, is coming back from Tommy John surgery, but he was sidelined in spring training with a lat strain. (Cue the "Burdi is a bust" comments.)

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/wh...ite-sox-minors

By the way, Tyler Johnson - another top reliever prospect - has also been sidelined since spring training with a lat strain. I haven't heard when he's expected to return to action.
Old 04-21-2019, 09:36 PM

That's great news. More talent coming back and more reasons to follow the minors. Hopefully Burdi makes a fast climb back to AAA and on to the Major League squad. Things are starting to bubble and pop in the minors.
Old 04-22-2019, 09:37 AM
WSI Personality

I havenít seen any updates for Burger but back in February, Hahn said early June was his tentative return date. Heís another that Iím looking forward to following.
Old 04-22-2019, 04:55 PM
WSI Prelate

Birmingham had a day game today: Adolfo 1 for 4 (double), Sheets 1 for 4, Rutherford 1 for 3 (double). Those top 30 prospect bats appear to be slowly coming around after a slow start. Booker was 1 for 4 today, too.

Flores gave up 5 runs (4 earned) in 5.0 innings today. 3 BB, 4 K, and 4 hits (2 were HRs).
Old 04-22-2019, 06:17 PM
WSI Prelate

So Booker is the natural call-up once Basabe moves over but what happens when Robert gets the call-up?

I can see Rutherford getting the demotion if he continues to struggle, but I think that is a bad idea.

Greatest Arsenal goal I have ever witnessed. Chills to this day watching it.
Old 04-22-2019, 07:04 PM
WSI Prelate

These guys hitting at AA is good news...AA tells the tale.
Birmingham has some org. hitters that should get a look, imo. They couldn't be worse at DH than what the Sox have.
Old 04-22-2019, 08:00 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Chappas View Post
I havenít seen any updates for Burger but back in February, Hahn said early June was his tentative return date. Heís another that Iím looking forward to following.
This is the latest report I could find. it says he was cleared to begin fielding activity at the time of the article (late March). This article is pretty vague and says he'll be back "later this summer", but I haven't read anything to suggest that the Sox have changed the early June ETA date for him to return to action. So, I wouldn't take this to mean that his return time has slipped.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/ba...or-field-work/
Old 04-22-2019, 09:31 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by guillensdisciple View Post
So Booker is the natural call-up once Basabe moves over but what happens when Robert gets the call-up?

I can see Rutherford getting the demotion if he continues to struggle, but I think that is a bad idea.
Rutherford
Basabe
Adolfo
Robert
Gonzalez

5 guys for 4 lineup spots. They can set up a rotation where everybody plays in 80% of games, with an occasional DH.
Old 04-22-2019, 11:30 PM
WSI Personality

Hansen with his first win of the season (as a RP). In his 2 innings, he gave up 1 hit, with 5 K's and no walks. He still has a perfect ERA for the season, and I think that's the first hit he's given up in 8 IP (14 K's to 2 BBs).

Burdi also had a very nice debut for Kanny: 3 batters, 3 Ks.

Basabe, unfortunately, went 0 for 5.
Old 04-22-2019, 11:40 PM
WSI Prelate

Steele Walker 2 for 5 tonight with a double and has his average up to .340. Perhaps he takes Robert's place in the W-S outfield when Luis moves up to AA.
Closed Thread