White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2018, 10:11 PM
Chief Skeptic and 2015 Preseason Predictions Contest Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzh View Post
poor command matters a lot less when you're only going an inning or two.
Poor command matters a lot in high-leverage situations. Look at Rondon today.
Old 06-16-2018, 10:53 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Cavatica View Post
Poor command matters a lot in high-leverage situations. Look at Rondon today.
You're absolutely right, what I meant is that what manifests as poor command when you're starting and have to turn over a lineup three times sometimes rights itself when you just need to attack 6 or 7 hitters with a fastball/slider.

Pitching is so incredibly mental, it seems like it shouldn't be so hard, but for pitchers with lights out stuff sometimes that change of role is what makes everything click.
Old 06-17-2018, 05:59 AM
Winner 2016 WSI Preseason Prediction Contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBradley72 View Post
Looks like Dunning will be up to AAA at some point this season, Cease has to be close to moving up to AA (along with Flores), opening up some space for a few Kanny arms to move up.

Fulmer, Adams and Stephens going for Charlotte this weekend.

Kopech off the rails at Charlotte- very disturbing.

Overall- nice to see the progress across the system- with more balance of high quality prospects across all levels.
Didn't this happen to him last year too? He had a good start and then scuffled in late May and June then kind of turned things around in the second half?

Go Sox!!!
Old 06-17-2018, 11:23 AM
WSI Prelate

Good AAA debut for Spencer Adams yesterday.

However, not so great season debut for Alec Hansen for Birmingham. He gave up 9 hits and 6 runs in 4 2/3 innings. Hopefully that was due to being rusty after his long layoff.
Old 06-17-2018, 01:46 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitmen77 View Post
Good AAA debut for Spencer Adams yesterday.

However, not so great season debut for Alec Hansen for Birmingham. He gave up 9 hits and 6 runs in 4 2/3 innings. Hopefully that was due to being rusty after his long layoff.
The good with Hansen was only 1 BB. Wildness was the concern when drafted. I was afraid the long layoff would disrupt his control found the last two pro seasons.
Old 06-17-2018, 09:24 PM
Chief Skeptic and 2015 Preseason Predictions Contest Winner

Kannapolis closes out the first half with five losses in a row and blows the first half championship by one game.

Ouch.
Old 06-18-2018, 12:34 AM
WSI Prelate

Lots of players have lost steam down in the farm.
Old 06-18-2018, 11:55 AM
WSI Prelate

WhiteSoxDave tweeted this morning:

Little Monday morning #ScoopCity on MiLB movement coming up:

Cease, Basabe, Call, Booker up to Birmingham

Eloy, Hamilton, and Seby up to Charlotte after their all star games

Itís been retweeted by a couple of the FutureSox writers. Itís obviously just a rumor, but WhiteSoxDaveís scoops have been correct more than once.
The universe is the practical joke of the General at the expense of the Particular, quoth Frater Perdurabo, and laughed. The disciples nearest him wept, seeing the Universal Sorrow. Others laughed, seeing the Universal Joke. Others wept. Others laughed. Others wept because they couldn't see the Joke, and others laughed lest they should be thought not to see the Joke. But though FRATER laughed openly, he wept secretly; and really he neither laughed nor wept. Nor did he mean what he said.
Old 06-18-2018, 12:04 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
WhiteSoxDave tweeted this morning:

Little Monday morning #ScoopCity on MiLB movement coming up:

Cease, Basabe, Call, Booker up to Birmingham

Eloy, Hamilton, and Seby up to Charlotte after their all star games

It’s been retweeted by a couple of the FutureSox writers. It’s obviously just a rumor, but WhiteSoxDave’s scoops have been correct more than once.
Good to see. Been waiting for that logjam to clear for awhile now. I kinda expected Hamilton to come up straight from AA, but you got no complaints from me. No movement on Lav Rivera is a bit odd.

2014 PtC Score: 1
Old 06-18-2018, 12:21 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieDarko View Post
Good to see. Been waiting for that logjam to clear for awhile now. I kinda expected Hamilton to come up straight from AA, but you got no complaints from me. No movement on Lav Rivera is a bit odd.
Assuming it is true (which again, it remains unconfirmed by any official or professional media sources), there may be additional movement as draftees are added to the fold. It also doesnít address any potential movements from Kannapolis to Winston-Salem, which probably ought to be Robert and Gonzalez to join Rutherford in the Dash outfield.

Also, if Zavala indeed is moving to Charlotte, it likely means they want Collins catching as much as possible, which opens up DH at-bats at Birmingham. This could thus allow Adolfo to move to AA to DH against more advanced pitching.
Old 06-18-2018, 01:21 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Also, if Zavala indeed is moving to Charlotte, it likely means they want Collins catching as much as possible, which opens up DH at-bats at Birmingham. This could thus allow Adolfo to move to AA to DH against more advanced pitching.
After his torrid start this season, Adolfo has cooled off considerably at Winston.

I'm almost inclined to just leave him there the rest of the season.
Old 06-18-2018, 01:29 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYourSuit View Post
After his torrid start this season, Adolfo has cooled off considerably at Winston.

I'm fine with that, too. The larger point is that breaking up Collins and Zavala by promoting Zavala to Charlotte opens the Birmingham DH slot.
Old 06-18-2018, 06:16 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
I'm fine with that, too. The larger point is that breaking up Collins and Zavala by promoting Zavala to Charlotte opens the Birmingham DH slot.
Zavala is also a year and a half older than Collins, so being more aggressive with him makes sense. Zavala has more HRs this season than Eloy, so it's time to see how Zavala's bat plays at a higher level (though Jiminez will join Charlotte soon as well).
Old 06-18-2018, 06:57 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYourSuit View Post

If the rumor is accurate- then we'll have Basabe, Booker, Call joining Polo and Fischer in the Birmingham outfield- so I would assume they'll use the DH role to get these guys ABs.

Let Adolfo have a solid, full season at A+, start at Birmingham next spring.
Old 06-19-2018, 09:14 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Assuming it is true (which again, it remains unconfirmed by any official or professional media sources), there may be additional movement as draftees are added to the fold. It also doesnít address any potential movements from Kannapolis to Winston-Salem, which probably ought to be Robert and Gonzalez to join Rutherford in the Dash outfield.

If three OFs are moving up from W-S to Birmingham, I would imagine Robert and Gonzalez would be coming up to replace them. I'm curious what's going to happen at SS once Madrigal is in the fold. If they start him at A+, where does leave Yrizarri? And what about Laz Rivera, who has certainly earned a promotion with his performance so far? Rivera is a couple years older than Yrizarri, FWIW.
Closed Thread