White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #211  
Old 07-23-2018, 04:18 AM
Grzegorz Grzegorz is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Western Suburbs
Posts: 3,712
Default

Back to reality...


https://www.southsidesox.com/2018/7/...a-tanner-banks
__________________
“There were a few hard rules, but everybody was unique, and he understood that. George’s great strength was he didn’t overcoach. There’s no place for panic on the mound.” - Jim Palmer on George Bamberger “Arms and the man,” Sports Illustrated, April 19, 2004
  #212  
Old 07-23-2018, 12:28 PM
Sargeant79 Sargeant79 is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,422
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grzegorz View Post
I may have missed it but when did they put Carson Fulmer in the bullpen? Looks like some pretty good results the last few days based on the box scores.
  #213  
Old 07-23-2018, 01:19 PM
Harry Chappas Harry Chappas is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Logan Square
Posts: 1,062
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by guillensdisciple View Post
Madrigal with 0 k's in 40 at bats.
Is this the type of thing someone keeps a record of? That's a pretty remarkable streak for a rookie, regardless of level.
  #214  
Old 07-23-2018, 01:57 PM
DumpJerry's Avatar
DumpJerry DumpJerry is offline
Tom Feargal Hagen
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The hearts and minds of Sox fans on 10-26-05
Posts: 27,547
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Chappas View Post
Is this the type of thing someone keeps a record of? That's a pretty remarkable streak for a rookie, regardless of level.
This is the best I could find: https://www.mlb.com/news/mookie-bett...ut/c-224894864

223 plate appearances by Dave Cash in 1976 for the Phillies.
__________________


2020....2020.....2020....2020....2020.....
  #215  
Old 07-23-2018, 01:58 PM
Lip Man 1 Lip Man 1 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Chubbuck, Idaho
Posts: 32,949
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargeant79 View Post
I may have missed it but when did they put Carson Fulmer in the bullpen? Looks like some pretty good results the last few days based on the box scores.
I hope it works because when you are the #4 overall pick you damn well better be able to contribute something to the teams eventual success.
  #216  
Old 07-23-2018, 02:13 PM
DumpJerry's Avatar
DumpJerry DumpJerry is offline
Tom Feargal Hagen
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The hearts and minds of Sox fans on 10-26-05
Posts: 27,547
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
I hope it works because when you are the #4 overall pick you damn well better be able to contribute something to the teams eventual success.
Carson Fulmer? He was the eight pick overall, not fourth.
  #217  
Old 07-23-2018, 04:30 PM
Lip Man 1 Lip Man 1 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Chubbuck, Idaho
Posts: 32,949
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumpJerry View Post
Carson Fulmer? He was the eight pick overall, not fourth.
I amend my statement, #4 or #8, when you are that high of a pick you damn well better produce something at the big league level.
  #218  
Old 07-23-2018, 04:41 PM
hoosiersoxfan hoosiersoxfan is offline
Co-Winner WSI 2018 NFL Pick'em Contest
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,297
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
I amend my statement, #4 or #8, when you are that high of a pick you damn well better produce something at the big league level.
Definitely. You hope for more from a top 10 pick but would be nice if he at least became a productive late inning bullpen piece down the line.
  #219  
Old 07-23-2018, 04:48 PM
Tragg Tragg is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Gonzales LA
Posts: 14,882
Blog Entries: 2
Default

The Dominican Summer League team, after falling to the Orioles DSL 14-1, is now 6-37, a 162 game pace of 23-139.
Some orgs have two DSL teams; and several teams are also on penalty.
  #220  
Old 07-23-2018, 10:27 PM
LoveYourSuit LoveYourSuit is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 14,977
Default

Alec Hansen did miss a lot of bats today:

7 KS
9 BBs

4 IP.

Train wreck

He's making Carson Fulmer and Lucas Giolito both look like Gregg Maddux.
  #221  
Old 07-23-2018, 10:45 PM
LoveYourSuit LoveYourSuit is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 14,977
Default

Blake Rutherford continues to impress at Winston Salem.

I think the Sox will probably hold him there the rest of the way but I think he's ready for Birmingham.
  #222  
Old 07-24-2018, 01:04 AM
hoosiersoxfan hoosiersoxfan is offline
Co-Winner WSI 2018 NFL Pick'em Contest
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,297
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYourSuit View Post
Alec Hansen did miss a lot of bats today:

7 KS
9 BBs

4 IP.

Train wreck

He's making Carson Fulmer and Lucas Giolito both look like Gregg Maddux.
He also only gave up 1 hit and 2 runs. What a crazy stat line.
  #223  
Old 07-24-2018, 06:22 AM
Camilo, carry-on Camilo, carry-on is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 21
Default

Two for four including a home run and three RBI's in Cordell's first game back for Birmingham.
  #224  
Old 07-24-2018, 08:13 AM
GAsoxfan GAsoxfan is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 638
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYourSuit View Post
Blake Rutherford continues to impress at Winston Salem.

I think the Sox will probably hold him there the rest of the way but I think he's ready for Birmingham.
I think half of that W-S team is ready for Birmingham. Even with all the promotions and injuries, that still might be the best team in the entire minors.
  #225  
Old 07-24-2018, 08:37 AM
blurry blurry is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 316
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosiersoxfan View Post
He also only gave up 1 hit and 2 runs. What a crazy stat line.
50 strikes in 98 pitches. That's really, really bad.

We know he's capable of being much better than this so he has to be hurt or something.
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:49 PM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.