White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2018, 07:34 PM
WSI 2017 Preseason Prediction Contest Winner

Default Athletic Article on Lucas Harrell

https://theathletic.com/303864/2018/...to-the-majors/

If you subscribe to the Athletic I thought this was an interesting article on former White Sox pitcher Lucas Harrell.
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 2-3.
15: 3-3.
16: 1-0.
Old 04-10-2018, 08:06 PM
WSI Guru

Is he still playing somewhere? I was at the only game I think he ever won for the Sox... against Oakland as I recall.

Another failed Sox prospect.(At least with them)
Old 04-11-2018, 12:11 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
Another failed Sox prospect.(At least with them)
A large portion of prospects "fail", please don't pretend that somehow the
White Sox are unique in this regard....

March 16, 2005 - Another happy Sox fan joins the party!
July 6, 2012 - 7 years later he's still part of it...
Old 04-11-2018, 06:41 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdivaldi View Post
A large portion of prospects "fail", please don't pretend that somehow the
White Sox are unique in this regard....

What happens with other teams doesn’t matter. The fact that White Sox prospects fail means that people need to be fired.
The universe is the practical joke of the General at the expense of the Particular, quoth Frater Perdurabo, and laughed. The disciples nearest him wept, seeing the Universal Sorrow. Others laughed, seeing the Universal Joke. Others wept. Others laughed. Others wept because they couldn't see the Joke, and others laughed lest they should be thought not to see the Joke. But though FRATER laughed openly, he wept secretly; and really he neither laughed nor wept. Nor did he mean what he said.
Old 04-11-2018, 07:43 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpivack View Post
https://theathletic.com/303864/2018/...to-the-majors/

If you subscribe to the Athletic I thought this was an interesting article on former White Sox pitcher Lucas Harrell.

I read it. It's a good article, Harrell seems like an interesting guy.

273-235.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:50 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
What happens with other teams doesn’t matter. The fact that White Sox prospects fail means that people need to be fired.
In all seriousness, I'm beginning to wonder if many posters actually watch other teams play and have an understanding of what happens outside of the White Sox bubble.
Old 04-11-2018, 10:28 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
In all seriousness, I'm beginning to wonder if many posters actually watch other teams play and have an understanding of what happens outside of the White Sox bubble.
As the White Sox rebuild continues, I've found myself watching more and more baseball games of other teams on MLB.tv. It really makes the season more enjoyable. One team I've watched the most over the past 3 years are the Astros. Just a fun team to watch. What I find extremely impressive on their rebuild and success, more successful then any other rebuild, including the northsiders, is the they missed completely on their Number 1 pick in both 2013 and 2014 (Mark Appel in 2013 is out of baseball and Brady Aiken didn't sign in 2014).

It is not uncommon for teams to miss on draft picks. Hell, the best team in baseball missed on the number 1 pick in back to back years.

CUBS SUCK

White Sox Fans, knowing more about baseball and the cubs than their own fans since 1901.
Old 04-11-2018, 01:48 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC727 View Post
As the White Sox rebuild continues, I've found myself watching more and more baseball games of other teams on MLB.tv. It really makes the season more enjoyable. One team I've watched the most over the past 3 years are the Astros. Just a fun team to watch. What I find extremely impressive on their rebuild and success.
My TV is on the MLB Network from sun up to sun set. Definitely has given me a better appreciation of my favorite game. I can't imagine why anyone would limit themselves to watching one team or suffer through sub-par ESPN programming. Unfortunately it seems like the majority of "fans" do just that.
Old 04-11-2018, 02:37 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
My TV is on the MLB Network from sun up to sun set. Definitely has given me a better appreciation of my favorite game. I can't imagine why anyone would limit themselves to watching one team or suffer through sub-par ESPN programming. Unfortunately it seems like the majority of "fans" do just that.
So true. It's either MLB Network or MLB Network Radio for me. I turned off the local crap in 2015. It's much more enjoyable. You truly appreciate the game more with less frustration.

I think more people on this board should do the same.
Old 04-11-2018, 03:29 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC727 View Post
As the White Sox rebuild continues, I've found myself watching more and more baseball games of other teams on MLB.tv. It really makes the season more enjoyable. One team I've watched the most over the past 3 years are the Astros. Just a fun team to watch. What I find extremely impressive on their rebuild and success, more successful then any other rebuild, including the northsiders, is the they missed completely on their Number 1 pick in both 2013 and 2014 (Mark Appel in 2013 is out of baseball and Brady Aiken didn't sign in 2014).

It is not uncommon for teams to miss on draft picks. Hell, the best team in baseball missed on the number 1 pick in back to back years.
Yeah good calls. The Astros gave Appel every chance they could, kept moving him around the Houston minor league system but he never showed progress. They eventually traded him to Philadelphia as part of the Giles trade and I think I read something not long ago where he left baseball for good.

Aiken was more of a whiner from what I remember, didn't want to sign, there were some money issues, etc. Cleveland drafted him in 2015 and the guy's never really gone up the ladder there, been bouncing around their minor league system I believe. It happens.