White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #46  
Old 03-08-2018, 04:43 PM
DumpJerry's Avatar
DumpJerry DumpJerry is offline
Tom Feargal Hagen
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The hearts and minds of Sox fans on 10-26-05
Posts: 28,358
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesoxfan1986 View Post
I was at the game yesterday, and Moncada was mighty impressive. 3-3 with a walk, a double and 3 runs scored. I have some video of his AB when he took a walk. Looked every bit like the star we've been sold on. I think he's going to be a slow starter similar to Alexei Ramirez. (which oddly enough was the last guy to wear #10 before Moncada) Unfortunately, I missed the Robert GS because I had to catch a flight back to Chicago and the 1st inning took 75 minutes to complete.
75 minutes? Cause for worry about Moncada. Was it Herm's fault it took so long?

...and then there is that whole "pace of game" thing.......
__________________


2020....2020.....2020....2020....2020.....
  #47  
Old 03-08-2018, 07:49 PM
whitesoxfan1986 whitesoxfan1986 is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumpJerry View Post
75 minutes? Cause for worry about Moncada. Was it Herm's fault it took so long?

...and then there is that whole "pace of game" thing.......
Pace of play couldn't do anything about it. Neither team's pitching could get anyone out. By the time the 3rd inning started the score was already 9-5 Reds. The game starts at 1:05 local time and it was 3pm before the 3rd was over. I left at 4:15 pm and they had just wrapped up the 6th. Daniel Palka's moonshot will be in orbit for the foreseeable future BTW. They estimated it at 472 and that might be underselling it.

Last edited by whitesoxfan1986; 03-08-2018 at 08:04 PM.
  #48  
Old 03-09-2018, 10:42 AM
guillensdisciple guillensdisciple is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 18,103
Default

Mocada didnít get a hit yesterday :(.
__________________
http://arsenalist.com/video/?id=xh2dx6

Greatest Arsenal goal I have ever witnessed. Chills to this day watching it.
  #49  
Old 03-09-2018, 11:11 AM
Domeshot17 Domeshot17 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Plainfield
Posts: 12,676
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by guillensdisciple View Post
Mocada didnít get a hit yesterday :(.
I am done with him. Cut him and sign Neil Walker please
__________________
  #50  
Old 03-09-2018, 12:04 PM
blurry blurry is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 1,012
Default

ST is obviously not a large enough sample size to mean much, but he does have 6 walks against 8 strikeouts. I really hope he's learning how to better work a zone. If he has,
it's only a matter of time before he begins hitting.
Link
  #51  
Old 03-11-2018, 06:03 AM
DumpJerry's Avatar
DumpJerry DumpJerry is offline
Tom Feargal Hagen
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The hearts and minds of Sox fans on 10-26-05
Posts: 28,358
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by guillensdisciple View Post
Mocada didnít get a hit yesterday :(.
Well, it's been a while since I said this.....Fire Walker!
  #52  
Old 03-23-2018, 06:39 PM
guillensdisciple guillensdisciple is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 18,103
Default

#bustwatch update.

Moncada has hit some curves, is hitting .289. Ranked worst bust in history.


#bustwatch
  #53  
Old 03-24-2018, 10:19 AM
Chez's Avatar
Chez Chez is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Clarendon Hills
Posts: 7,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by guillensdisciple View Post
#bustwatch update.

Moncada has hit some curves, is hitting .289. Ranked worst bust in history.


#bustwatch
Hilarious (again)!
__________________

2019 Sox Attendance Tracker: 9-6
All time Sox Attendance Tracker:

286-247
  #54  
Old 03-24-2018, 10:40 AM
DumpJerry's Avatar
DumpJerry DumpJerry is offline
Tom Feargal Hagen
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The hearts and minds of Sox fans on 10-26-05
Posts: 28,358
Default

The "bust watch" will conclude when they dedicate his statue on the Concourse in about 15 years. It will be a bust of him.
  #55  
Old 03-24-2018, 11:23 AM
A. Cavatica A. Cavatica is offline
Chief Skeptic and 2015 Preseason Predictions Contest Winner
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 7,344
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumpJerry View Post
The "bust watch" will conclude when they dedicate his statue on the Concourse in about 15 years. It will be a bust of him.
An interesting question is how well Moncada has to play to not be considered a bust. I think "steady major league regular" would qualify as a bust, given the high expectations. "Above average league regular and 1-2 time all star" is the minimum I'm hoping for, and the maximum of course is the statue on the concourse.
  #56  
Old 03-24-2018, 11:24 AM
guillensdisciple guillensdisciple is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 18,103
Default

A scout posted yesterday that he sees that Moncada has basically gotten it all together now. Sees huge things for him this season. Donít forget that he is a 30/30 talent.
  #57  
Old 03-24-2018, 12:03 PM
Frater Perdurabo Frater Perdurabo is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 20,784
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by guillensdisciple View Post
A scout posted yesterday that he sees that Moncada has basically gotten it all together now. Sees huge things for him this season. Donít forget that he is a 30/30 talent.
Not that Iím assuming that prospect will reach his ceiling, but one of the things I like is that the Sox are assembling talent that is both athletic and solid baseball players.

Previously, they have tended to keep slow, plodding hitters, on the corners, and light-hitting players or hitters with fielding issues up the middle.

Moncada could be a 30-30 guy and plays great defense, and walks. Anderson could hit 25 homers and steal 40 bases, along with plus defense. Eventually, Robert could be a 30-30 guy as well, with plus defense. And all of them could hit 30+ doubles and 10+ triples. Yes, they all will have their strikeouts, but having that combination of speed and power at all three premium defensive positions will make the Sox lineup extremely dangerous. At that point, then, you can afford to carry a catcher who is a defensive/pitch framing specialist even if heís a mediocre hitter.
__________________
The universe is the practical joke of the General at the expense of the Particular, quoth Frater Perdurabo, and laughed. The disciples nearest him wept, seeing the Universal Sorrow. Others laughed, seeing the Universal Joke. Others wept. Others laughed. Others wept because they couldn't see the Joke, and others laughed lest they should be thought not to see the Joke. But though FRATER laughed openly, he wept secretly; and really he neither laughed nor wept. Nor did he mean what he said.
  #58  
Old 03-24-2018, 01:01 PM
Lip Man 1 Lip Man 1 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Chubbuck, Idaho
Posts: 34,134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
Not that Iím assuming that prospect will reach his ceiling, but one of the things I like is that the Sox are assembling talent that is both athletic and solid baseball players.

Previously, they have tended to keep slow, plodding hitters, on the corners, and light-hitting players or hitters with fielding issues up the middle.

Moncada could be a 30-30 guy and plays great defense, and walks. Anderson could hit 25 homers and steal 40 bases, along with plus defense. Eventually, Robert could be a 30-30 guy as well, with plus defense. And all of them could hit 30+ doubles and 10+ triples. Yes, they all will have their strikeouts, but having that combination of speed and power at all three premium defensive positions will make the Sox lineup extremely dangerous. At that point, then, you can afford to carry a catcher who is a defensive/pitch framing specialist even if heís a mediocre hitter.
That way to high of a ceiling in my opinion for Anderson, especially from a defensive stand point.
  #59  
Old 03-24-2018, 02:30 PM
whitesoxfan1986 whitesoxfan1986 is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
That way to high of a ceiling in my opinion for Anderson, especially from a defensive stand point.
Completely disagree. I see Anderson hitting 30-30 in his career season, whenever that may be. I chalk his defensive brainfarts last year up to dealing with the loss of one of his best friends. In your early 20s, that would shake anyone up. I think he has GG potential. He was excellent defensively when he came up in 2016, one bad season while dealing with personal issues does not replace his performance earlier.
  #60  
Old 03-24-2018, 06:23 PM
Frater Perdurabo Frater Perdurabo is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 20,784
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesoxfan1986 View Post
Completely disagree. I see Anderson hitting 30-30 in his career season, whenever that may be. I chalk his defensive brainfarts last year up to dealing with the loss of one of his best friends. In your early 20s, that would shake anyone up. I think he has GG potential. He was excellent defensively when he came up in 2016, one bad season while dealing with personal issues does not replace his performance earlier.
Agreed. Not only was he dealing with the profound grief, but he wasnít able to sleep. He got counseling and he said it helped him both psychologically and physically, and he was able to sleep again. And imagine that, he played well in August and September.
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:01 AM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.