GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2018, 04:14 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricker182 View Post
This is the only injury the team has suffered all season.

Avi, Moncada, Rodon, Jones...?

Please define injury.

The other point is that the Chicago Whitesox at the MLB level is loosely the parent company over the subsidiaries (minor league operations) that make up the entire Chicago Whitesox organization.
ďThere were a few hard rules, but everybody was unique, and he understood that. Georgeís great strength was he didnít overcoach. Thereís no place for panic on the mound.Ē - Jim Palmer on George Bamberger ďArms and the man,Ē Sports Illustrated, April 19, 2004

Last edited by Grzegorz; 07-13-2018 at 04:22 AM.
Old 07-13-2018, 05:40 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grzegorz
Those three are the alternative?
I donít see them going outside the organization for a new starting RF (unless itís done via the waiver wire), and all the noteworthy kids on the farm are still works in progress.
Old 07-13-2018, 01:54 PM
Tom Feargal Hagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumpJerry View Post
No.

We get 1% of the information about the player's health. We cannot make assumptions about what the training staff is and is not doing. Given the huge investment the team makes in the players (tens of millions of dollars), I have no doubt the staff stays on top of the latest developments in the field of sports medicine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
I certainly would hope so but as you know both I and Harry Chappas have heard differently in this regard.
2 plus decades of being a lawyer makes me highly skeptical of negative information employees, current and former, tell me about their company. What they are telling you makes no sense. There is an agenda at work.

Old 07-13-2018, 04:37 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumpJerry View Post
2 plus decades of being a lawyer makes me highly skeptical of negative information employees, current and former, tell me about their company. What they are telling you makes no sense. There is an agenda at work.
Dump: Without going into sources which in my business is morally and ethically wrong all I can tell you is that I speak with and have gotten to know a lot of different folks from around baseball and the media. Including those inside and outside of the Sox organization / sphere of influence.I talk with them all the time and learn things in casual conversations.

As a sports reporter / broadcaster for over forty years now, I think I have a pretty good feel for when somebody has an agenda or is trying to sell ****.

I believe the folks who have been saying some things about the training staff for the last few years that's why I have been suggesting it would be a good idea to bring in some outsiders to look closely at this area and see if something may be missing that can be contributing to so many injuries the past three years at all levels (and I'm not referring to the fluke injuries which happen) more along the lines of conditioning, weight training things to help prevent the numerous knee / hamstring / leg issues.
Old 07-13-2018, 05:20 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
that's why I have been suggesting it would be a good idea to bring in some outsiders to look closely at this area and see if something may be missing that can be contributing to so many injuries the past three years at all levels (and I'm not referring to the fluke injuries which happen) more along the lines of conditioning, weight training things to help prevent the numerous knee / hamstring / leg issues.

If you're doing a rebuild it's because the organization was broken and needs to be repaired the right away. So it would then make sense to explore EVERY avenue of improvement including the training staff. I don't know why this is such a controversial topic. They should absolutely be evaluating and making changes to improve their methods.
Old 07-13-2018, 09:09 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Dump: Without going into sources which in my business is morally and ethically wrong all I can tell you is that I speak with and have gotten to know a lot of different folks from around baseball and the media. Including those inside and outside of the Sox organization / sphere of influence.I talk with them all the time and learn things in casual conversations.

As a sports reporter / broadcaster for over forty years now, I think I have a pretty good feel for when somebody has an agenda or is trying to sell ****.

I believe the folks who have been saying some things about the training staff for the last few years that's why I have been suggesting it would be a good idea to bring in some outsiders to look closely at this area and see if something may be missing that can be contributing to so many injuries the past three years at all levels (and I'm not referring to the fluke injuries which happen) more along the lines of conditioning, weight training things to help prevent the numerous knee / hamstring / leg issues.
Just to quibble on details, there's a difference between being a reporter/broadcaster and a fan. You're not a completely unbiased observer here, which you would be if you were just a reporter. That informs my impression of your impressions.

That being said, I appreciate your passion and your informed opinion as a Sox fan, even if I take it with a grain of salt. Go Sox!
Old 07-13-2018, 10:18 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grzegorz View Post
Avi, Moncada, Rodon, Jones...?

Please define injury.

The other point is that the Chicago Whitesox at the MLB level is loosely the parent company over the subsidiaries (minor league operations) that make up the entire Chicago Whitesox organization.
It was sarcasm. I forgot the /s.
Old 07-13-2018, 11:06 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by XplodingScorbord View Post
Just to quibble on details, there's a difference between being a reporter/broadcaster and a fan. You're not a completely unbiased observer here, which you would be if you were just a reporter. That informs my impression of your impressions.

That being said, I appreciate your passion and your informed opinion as a Sox fan, even if I take it with a grain of salt. Go Sox!
Thanks for the kind words.. of course it is impossible for any reporter to be totally unbiased. That's simply not human nature.
Old 07-14-2018, 09:16 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:

Bringing in a consultant to review the White Sox training/condition/nutrition protocol makes sense. Businesses bring in consultants regularly to review their procedures to see if they can be improved. What burns me is the knee jerk reaction of many posters who call for the immediate dismissal of the Sox training staff (usually Herm because, you know, he's worked for the organization - i.e. riding the Reinsdorf gravy train -- for decades) anytime a player or prospect sustains any sort of injury or setback. That sort of reaction IMO is uninformed. I believe most, if not all, of the injuries are not preventable by the training staff and are not occurring at a higher frequency to Sox players compared to other organizations. But then we've litigated this issue seemingly on a weekly basis.

277-241.