GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2020, 11:07 AM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobo View Post
Know what's even better than snail mail or email? Posting on Twitter, Facebook or any other social media. That is way more effective in getting a response these days.
Agreed. Twitter in particular is very effective at letting places know about customer service related issues and getting a reply.

Riding shotgun on the Sox bandwagon since before there was an Internet...
Old 01-28-2020, 11:18 AM
The Blind Squirrel that finally found an acorn.

I always looked forward to the Queen of Sox Fests (ChiSoxGirl) yearly analysis. I remember her stating that she spoke directly to people in charge of her concerns and it always fell on deaf ears. It appeared to me that they had the job for life work ethic which runs prominent in this dysfunctional organization. I miss her yearly analysis.
Old 01-28-2020, 12:01 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by BainesHOF View Post
Christine is one of the people I addressed my last email to, and virtually nothing changed. They don't care.
Not to speak for another poster, but I suspect Domeshot17 (and his son) disagree.

2020 Sox Attendance Tracker: 0-0
All time Sox Attendance Tracker:

286-247
Old 01-28-2020, 12:39 PM
WSI Prelate

I mean, I used to run the same plan Baines did before we had kids, camp out overnight to make sure we got who we wanted, know every step, and it would drive me nuts when people would cut or get multiple wristbands etc. It always happened.

I was SUPER impressed with how they treated my son. But he also was there to have fun, and not to hunt down everyone. I think all total he walked away with autographs from Moncada, Madrigal (his favorite player), Robert, Vaughn, Cease, Kopech and Rutherford and a photo with Madrigal. The kids autograph section is perfect for this.

I would honestly guess they are just more willing to listen when it comes to kids (and kids with disabilities/disorders) than adults. Not saying Baines is wrong for anything he said, I just don't know if I emailed and said like, my wife is high functioning autistic if we get the same treatment. Maybe we do, who knows.

I personally have found Brooks ALWAYS answers email, tough or not, but I have also tried to be respectful in my criticism and not just rant.

I personally do not find Christine to be very fan friendly, but that was due to a personal interaction with my father-in-law who has parkinson's. That same story also made me very, very, very fond of AJ as a person. She may be a good person, I just had a bad interaction.
Old 01-28-2020, 05:11 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochile View Post
Maybe or maybe the move to the new location was in part to address the issues you raised.

Again, this was the first year at the new location. There were bound to be issues. If you assume those issues won't be fixed no matter what you do then you might end up in a self-fulfilling prophecy. You have nothing to lose by trying. You can create a letter for the most part by copying and pasting your comment above into a word document, editing it slightly adding a date and a To Whom it Might Concern at the top and sticking it in the mail.

Or you can sit here on WSI ranting about how the Sox don't care about their fans.
Again, the same problems have been going on for about 20 years. The incompetence on the organization's part when it comes to putting on SoxFest extends far beyond the move to McCormick Place. I've written professional, fact-based letters to the Sox on more than one occasion. They don't care. I thought people here would appreciate a first-hand report. It might be hard for people who don't go to SoxFest to understand the level of yearly incompetence, but regular attendees experience firsthand. Early Saturday morning saw regulars laughing at the absurdity of the line breakdown that everyone saw coming before it happened.
Old 01-28-2020, 05:39 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Again, the same problems have been going on for about 20 years. The incompetence on the organization's part when it comes to putting on SoxFest extends far beyond the move to McCormick Place. I've written professional, fact-based letters to the Sox on more than one occasion. They don't care. I thought people here would appreciate a first-hand report. It might be hard for people who don't go to SoxFest to understand the level of yearly incompetence, but regular attendees experience firsthand. Early Saturday morning saw regulars laughing at the absurdity of the line breakdown that everyone saw coming before it happened.
I'm playing a bit of devil's advocate here (especially since I was there and saw the issues), but if regulars who complain keep coming back, what's the impetus to change things?

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Old 01-28-2020, 06:52 PM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

Quote:
Your report is appreciated, but if you want impact you'll have to go directly to the Sox whether they listen or not. You won't achieve anything by posting it here.
Old 01-28-2020, 09:40 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochile View Post
Your report is appreciated, but if you want impact you'll have to go directly to the Sox whether they listen or not. You won't achieve anything by posting it here.
Not trying to get the last word in here, but I was just reporting for the benefit of anyone who cares here. I already know nothing can be achieved by writing the Sox.

I'll end my posts in this thread on a positive note with this: Anderson was very impressive in how he extended himself out there as the link between the team and its fans. He was very open at the seminar I saw. One of the things that made me feel a lot better about him is that he talked in depth about the need for him to improve his defense. He said he wants to make the same strides defensively as he's made offensively, and that he must improve his footwork and plans on working to do that. He admitted the number of errors he commits is a problem and asked for more time to become a better fielder, noting that he's only played three years in the majors.
Old 01-29-2020, 09:20 AM
WSI High Priest

Hearing all of these issues with SoxFest is very disappointing- this is not a unique type of event- there are plenty of experts in running events like this who can design lay out and processes to avoid such a cluster **** every year.

It's one thing if you're doing something completely new and different- it's another if you're doing something (stages, seminars, line management, etc.) that is common and frequent.
Old 01-29-2020, 10:15 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBradley72 View Post
Hearing all of these issues with SoxFest is very disappointing- this is not a unique type of event- there are plenty of experts in running events like this who can design lay out and processes to avoid such a cluster **** every year.

It's one thing if you're doing something completely new and different- it's another if you're doing something (stages, seminars, line management, etc.) that is common and frequent.
Despite the annoyance at the lining up process, I had a great time, thought it was *very* worthwhile, and saw plenty of other people enjoying themselves.

So while there is room to improve this - quite a bit - let's not lose sight of it still being a good event.
Old 01-29-2020, 10:53 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle42 View Post
Despite the annoyance at the lining up process, I had a great time, thought it was *very* worthwhile, and saw plenty of other people enjoying themselves.

So while there is room to improve this - quite a bit - let's not lose sight of it still being a good event.
Agreed. It sounds like the biggest complaints come from those who are there to try and get as many autographs as possible in the time they have.

I thought the kids section and kids only autographs were awesome, but like I said, my days of chasing down guys are done (unless Tadahito Iguchi shows up, because hes a missing on a 2005 world series piece I have haha). Overall I thought the event was really solid.
Old 01-29-2020, 10:56 AM
New At WSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle42 View Post

Well said, I left with what I wanted to get accomplished done.

Anderson, Baines, Thomas, Eloy, Sheets and Gonzales.

My son ticked all the players he had on his list as well.

Last edited by Sox Addict; 01-29-2020 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Omitted a word
Old 01-29-2020, 11:04 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domeshot17 View Post
Agreed. It sounds like the biggest complaints come from those who are there to try and get as many autographs as possible in the time they have.

I thought the kids section and kids only autographs were awesome, but like I said, my days of chasing down guys are done (unless Tadahito Iguchi shows up, because hes a missing on a 2005 world series piece I have haha). Overall I thought the event was really solid.
Thanks for clarifying- I personally don't care at all about autographs, etc.- so helpful insight.
Old 01-29-2020, 12:24 PM
Tom Feargal Hagen

I still strongly urge those who want to let the organization hear their voice to mail a letter to the team by US Mail.

I'm willing to bet there are thousands of new tweets each day for them to wade through not to mention even more emails.

A letter dropped on your desk does not get ignored. Social media (Twitter, Facebook) is for being the Town Crier.

Old 01-30-2020, 08:05 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox Addict View Post
Well said, I left with what I wanted to get accomplished done.

Anderson, Baines, Thomas, Eloy, Sheets and Gonzales.

My son ticked all the players he had on his list as well.

By the way, welcome aboard!