White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-11-2019, 05:31 PM
Mohoney Mohoney is online now
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Palos Hills, IL
Posts: 13,235
Default *Official* 5/11/19 Champagne Super Nova in the SkyDome Postgamer

Nova gave 6+ solid innings, James McCann continues to play at an All Star level, Yolmer looks like he may be coming around, good defense, good relief, whatís not to like?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsemaster Fred
This is the major leagues so get it how you live and letís fight tomorrow.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-11-2019, 05:48 PM
Hitmen77 Hitmen77 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 13,729
Default

Nova? Didn't the Sox take the advice of arm-chair GMs on WSI and DFA him after his May 1 start? He's obviously finished....no point in running him out there every 5th day.

Needless to say, if he can turn out to be a serviceable starter for us, that'll be much-needed with Rodon likely being out for the season.

Nice effort from the bullpen today for the final 3 innings of the game.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-11-2019, 06:23 PM
Brian26's Avatar
Brian26 Brian26 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Chicago
Posts: 31,912
Blog Entries: 52
Default

James McCann was the story today. Just catching up on this game after getting in this afternoon. Unreal game, especially the hustle/heads up defense.

Charlie Tilson is a nice surprise also.

Keep it going.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-11-2019, 06:31 PM
thomas35forever's Avatar
thomas35forever thomas35forever is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lombard
Posts: 27,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
James McCann was the story today. Just catching up on this game after getting in this afternoon. Unreal game, especially the hustle/heads up defense.

Charlie Tilson is a nice surprise also.

Keep it going.
That's impossible. Hahn only makes terrible moves. In fact, he's the only GM in baseball who does. I refuse to believe any of this.
__________________
Consistency lost
If found, please return to 333 W. 35th Street, Chicago. Generous reward offered.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-11-2019, 06:58 PM
Brian26's Avatar
Brian26 Brian26 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Chicago
Posts: 31,912
Blog Entries: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas35forever View Post
That's impossible. Hahn only makes terrible moves. In fact, he's the only GM in baseball who does. I refuse to believe any of this.
Right? This McCann pickup is an absolute steal so far. Detroit gave him away.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-11-2019, 07:05 PM
Mohoney Mohoney is online now
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Palos Hills, IL
Posts: 13,235
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
Right? This McCann pickup is an absolute steal so far. Detroit gave him away.
Itís tough to say whether or not McCann would have succeeded like this if Detroit kept him. They were not going to give McCann a fair shot to supplant Grayson Greiner.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-12-2019, 06:20 PM
Hitmen77 Hitmen77 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 13,729
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas35forever View Post
That's impossible. Hahn only makes terrible moves. In fact, he's the only GM in baseball who does. I refuse to believe any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
Right? This McCann pickup is an absolute steal so far. Detroit gave him away.
Agreed.

Who would we rather have now - Narvaez or McCann & Colome? And note that McCann is only a little less than 2 years older than Narvaez.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-11-2019, 07:35 PM
TDog TDog is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Modesto, California
Posts: 18,731
Default

This start was pretty much like Nova's last start except that the White Sox today wasted more opportunities than in his start against the Indians. In eight starts, he's had four where has given up an average of almost seven run a game and four where he's given up just one, including his last two starts. The split between good and bad doesn't seem to correlate with the quality of the opposition or home vs. road, although has had two poor starts at home for an ERA in the teens. It will take a few starts to determine if he has found it or if he is consistently inconsistent.

Today Nova was impressive. Sanchez homered to start the scoring and later drove in a run on a squeeze bunt, a parlay you don't often see in a single game. There were wasted opportunities, places where the Sox should have scored more. Fortunately today the pitching/defense foundation was solid enough that the unscored runs weren't needed.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-11-2019, 07:49 PM
Mohoney Mohoney is online now
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Palos Hills, IL
Posts: 13,235
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDog View Post
This start was pretty much like Nova's last start except that the White Sox today wasted more opportunities than in his start against the Indians. In eight starts, he's had four where has given up an average of almost seven run a game and four where he's given up just one, including his last two starts. The split between good and bad doesn't seem to correlate with the quality of the opposition or home vs. road, although has had two poor starts at home for an ERA in the teens. It will take a few starts to determine if he has found it or if he is consistently inconsistent.

Today Nova was impressive. Sanchez homered to start the scoring and later drove in a run on a squeeze bunt, a parlay you don't often see in a single game. There were wasted opportunities, places where the Sox should have scored more. Fortunately today the pitching/defense foundation was solid enough that the unscored runs weren't needed.
The Sox scored 7 runs on 11 hits and 5 walks. This criticism is ridiculously misguided.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:00 PM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.