Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2020, 04:09 PM
WSI Church Elder

I know I'm biased being a fan of our team, but who has a better all around line-up than the Sox?

Yankees? They have Urshela, Gardner, Judge (injuries), Stanton (not that great) Sure they have Gleyber, but who thinks DJ is going to have the same year as last year?

Astros? Maybe...

Dodgers? Maybe...

Of course it just depends on how much better Moncada, Eloy, and Anderson are. It also depends on if Robert/Madrigal do what they did in AAA. If they match AAA and you see improvements from Moncada, Eloy, Anderson... then you've got to say the Sox offense is top 5 easy!
Old 02-05-2020, 04:15 PM
WSI Prelate

Sox biggest problem is they don’t have many high OBP guys.

That said, Dodgers, especially with Betts, way better than probably anyone. We could top 10 in potential for sure but I think the rating as of now is fair.
Old 02-06-2020, 03:41 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurry View Post
83 wins is a safe bet. There's a lot of unknown and potential volatility on the roster with all the younger players.
Quote:
Originally Posted by asindc View Post
83 seems like a reasonable total, with about a 5-game swing either way.

I'm a bit surprised that they have Ariz. finishing 2nd above SD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
I know everyone like these predictions (especially if it favors their team) but they really are of limited value. There is no way to predict injuries, which teams will jell, which players will improve or regress, or who might be added (or subtracted) before the trade deadline.
BTW, if they had predicted the Sox winner of the division, I would have bought into the article 100%.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jollyroger2 View Post
I'm on board with 83 as well, that seems like a reasonable improvement with the additions, pending injuries, unexpected regressions or leaps in progress for some of the younger players.
Agreed to all the above.

83 seems fair enough, but there's lots of variables with so many young players in the lineup and rotation. All I can say is that i'm excited to see what everyone in that lineup 1-9 can do plus see what Giolito, Cease, and Kopech can do for us.