White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2005, 12:02 PM
WSI High Priest

Default 8/7 games

The Knights lost 5-4. Mediocre start for McCarthy: 7.1 IP, 4 R, 6 H (2 HR), 1 BB, 6 K. Burke is back from the DL; he drew the collar, but had a SF and reached on a HBP. Harris 1-5, .333. Gload 2-5, .349. Borch 1-3, 2 BB, .260. Casanova with 2 HR. Anderson is still recovering from his wisdom teeth operation.

The Barons won 3-2. Phillips scattered 10 hits, allowing only 2 R in 8 IP. The ridiculously hot Jerry Owens went 3-5, raising his AVE to .340 and his OBP to an even .400. Gonzo was 1-3 with 2 sacs, including the game-winning squeeze in the 9th; he's hitting .283. Rogo 1-5, RBI, SB, .311. Young 2-4, .266. Fields 1-3, HBP, .250. Stewart handed John Raburn his 1 CS in 23 attempts and homered (again) to tie the game in the 9th; he's batting .302.

The 'Hogs were off.

The I's won 5-4. Harrell got knocked out early: 4 IP, 4 R (3 ER), 9 H, 2 BB, 2 K, E (bad pickoff). Perez followed with 4 shutout IP, and Zaleski picked up his 18th save with a scoreless 9th. There were 2 hits each for Smith, Getz (at SS), Hansen, and Cook, including Cook's game-winning HR. Getz and Smith each swiped a bag.
Old 08-08-2005, 12:07 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by maurice
Stewart handed John Raburn his 1 CS in 23 attempts and homered (again) to tie the game in the 9th; he's batting .302.

I don't know much about Stewart. Does anyone??
I've been aware that his BA has been decent all year. But is he good defensively and a catcher that might make it to the majors some day?
Old 08-08-2005, 12:08 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEdWalsh
I don't know much about Stewart. Does anyone??
I've been aware that his BA has been decent all year. But is he good defensively and a catcher that might make it to the majors some day?
I have never seen him play, but a couple guys who do see him regularly in Birmingham really like him. He's been a no-hit type catcher for a while, so not really sure what to make of his sudden abilities at the plate...