GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2019, 04:32 PM
WSI High Priest

Default *OFFICIAL* 4.28.19 Postgamer.....A Sweep is a Sweep

2 game mini sweep but we'll take it.
Nice job by Lopez with 14Ks and the bullpen did their job too, Tigers wound up with 20Ks.
Now its payback time against the O's.

Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 04-28-2019 at 05:46 PM.
Old 04-28-2019, 04:44 PM
WSI High Priest

I suppose Lopez's performance is the sole bright spot for the rebuild today. Tim Anderson 0-for-4, Moncada with just one hit.
"Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but its nature is to be extravagant, and those who go so far as to stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only when they are ruined."
-- Thucydides
Old 04-28-2019, 04:47 PM
WSI Guru

I'm just happy that Lopez' who had a brilliant game today wasn't hurt worse or perhaps lost it because of an unearned run.

Sox scored just enough before he left the game to ensure he wouldn't get screwed like Chris Sale did so many times. Sale would throw a two or three hitter, strike out 12 and lose 2-1 or something like that.

Jose is staying hot as well which is very good because Eloy is going to be on the shelf for awhile.
Old 04-28-2019, 04:49 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeFish View Post
I suppose Lopez's performance is the sole bright spot for the rebuild today. Tim Anderson 0-for-4, Moncada with just one hit.
First of all they won based on a well pitched game by Lopez and the bullpen along with some timely hitting. Second, if we are just going to rely on 2 guys for our offense, it's going to be another long season, great hitters still fail almost 70% of the time.
BTW, before today's win the Sox were 3rd in the AL with a BA of .261, I know they've only played 24 games but it's been eons since the Sox have hit this well as a team, they are 7th both in OBP and OPS.

Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 04-28-2019 at 05:08 PM.
Old 04-28-2019, 05:06 PM
WSI Prelate

Sox needed some good pitching. And we got it.
The O has been holding its own.
The top 3 relievers are pretty solid. And they control them through next year (Fry longer) should they decide to keep them.

Beckham returned to the Beckham we know and love.
Old 04-28-2019, 05:10 PM
WSI High Priest

Great pitching all around- Lopez and the bullpen looked good- especially Fry.

Abreu really heating up, nice bunt and sac fly by Leury and Yolmer to tack on the insurance runs.
Old 04-28-2019, 05:15 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Winning games is also part of the rebuild.
Old 04-28-2019, 05:17 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
I'm just happy that Lopez' who had a brilliant game today wasn't hurt worse or perhaps lost it because of an unearned run.

Sox scored just enough before he left the game to ensure he wouldn't get screwed like Chris Sale did so many times. Sale would throw a two or three hitter, strike out 12 and lose 2-1 or something like that.

Jose is staying hot as well which is very good because Eloy is going to be on the shelf for awhile.
2 weeks.
Old 04-28-2019, 05:19 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYourSuit View Post
Winning games is also part of the rebuild.
Exactly though some feel that tanking for draft picks is better. I'm for winning and getting rid of the culture of losing.
Old 04-28-2019, 05:19 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:

Sale dropped to 0-5 today. Though he lowered his ERA to 6.35.
Loved that safety squeeze by Leury to tack on an insurance run.

2019 Sox Attendance Tracker: 8-6
All time Sox Attendance Tracker:

285-247
Old 04-28-2019, 05:20 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragg View Post
Sox needed some good pitching. And we got it.
The O has been holding its own.
The top 3 relievers are pretty solid. And they control them through next year (Fry longer) should they decide to keep them.

Beckham returned to the Beckham we know and love.
Although Beckham didn't look as bad as Anderson today after being the Friday night hero. Anderson's error might have cost Lopez an inning as well as an unearned run, although Renteria seems more intent on burning out his bullpen than stretching out his starters.

The game shouldn't have been as close as it was. The Sox should have scored more run, although they bottom of the order was able to push across a run in the eighth. Of course, the big two-out double in the first proved all the Sox would need. Still, if your starters on their best days are only going to go six, you're vulnerable to off days from even good bullpens.
Old 04-28-2019, 05:22 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYourSuit View Post
2 weeks.
Love: He'll be reevaluated in two weeks according to Ricky on the pregame show today.

As I've posted high ankle sprains are really, really bad. They take forever to heal. Idaho State's point guard had one in early December and didn't return until February just to give you an example.

Doctors and trainers have told me a bad high ankle sprain can take anywhere from six weeks to three months to heal properly.

Eloy isn't going to be playing before Memorial Day if he's really lucky and the sprain isn't that bad... then he'll have to have a rehab assignment. I don't think you'll see him back with the Sox until the middle of June myself but we'll see.
Old 04-28-2019, 05:22 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Moncada was one for three with a walk today. That's not a bad day, right?
Old 04-28-2019, 05:23 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chez View Post
Loved that safety squeeze by Leury to tack on an insurance run.
Me too although I'm sure it drove some of the stat folks out of their minds.
Old 04-28-2019, 05:24 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Love: He'll be reevaluated in two weeks according to Ricky on the pregame show today.

As I've posted high ankle sprains are really, really bad. They take forever to heal. Idaho State's point guard had one in early December and didn't return until February just to give you an example.

Doctors and trainers have told me a bad high ankle sprain can take anywhere from six weeks to three months to heal properly.

Eloy isn't going to be playing before Memorial Day if he's really lucky, then he'll have to have a rehab assignment. I don't think you'll see him back with the Sox until the middle of June. myself but we'll see.
You're basing this on your interpretation of Eloy's MRI, right Doctor? Otherwise . . .pft. It may turn out that you're right. But let's wait and see what the doctors say before Eloy is declared out till mid-June.