White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-27-2019, 10:52 AM
blurry blurry is online now
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 1,203
Default Offseason Trades & Signings

Padres get:

Zach Davies
Trent Grisham

Brewers get:

Luis Urias
Eric Lauer
  #2  
Old 11-27-2019, 11:13 AM
blandman blandman is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,370
Default

Rangers sign Kyle Gibson, 3 years $30 million.

Padres signed Pomeranz...not sure on details yet.
  #3  
Old 11-27-2019, 11:34 AM
KRS1 KRS1 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 20,156
Default

Nice to see some stuff start to trickle down.

That Padres deal includes a couple good spects going back and forth, but it sure seems like the Brewers sold nice and high on Grisham. Lauer got rushed up but I thought he was a mid rotation guy in the making and Urias was a top 20 spect last preseason. Meanwhile Grisham was a very disappointing prospect going in to 19 and Davies looks like a lateral move immediately with less much less team control than Lauer.
__________________
People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling
  #4  
Old 11-27-2019, 11:47 AM
blandman blandman is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,370
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS1 View Post
Nice to see some stuff start to trickle down.

That Padres deal includes a couple good spects going back and forth, but it sure seems like the Brewers sold nice and high on Grisham. Lauer got rushed up but I thought he was a mid rotation guy in the making and Urias was a top 20 spect last preseason. Meanwhile Grisham was a very disappointing prospect going in to 19 and Davies looks like a lateral move immediately with less much less team control than Lauer.
The Padres are looking to win this year and are looking to stockpile arms. They also signed Drew Pomeranz today.
  #5  
Old 11-27-2019, 12:07 PM
blandman blandman is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,370
Default

Carl Edwards, Jr. resurfaced with the Mariners. Surprisingly got a major league guarantee.
  #6  
Old 11-27-2019, 02:01 PM
Domeshot17 Domeshot17 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Plainfield
Posts: 12,920
Default

Brewers really not happy with Grishams error lol
__________________
  #7  
Old 11-27-2019, 03:55 PM
Mohoney Mohoney is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Palos Hills, IL
Posts: 13,246
Default

Os put Jonathan Villar on waivers. Acquiring him for nothing but the waiver claim would be nice.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsemaster Fred
This is the major leagues so get it how you live and lets fight tomorrow.
  #8  
Old 11-27-2019, 04:09 PM
KRS1 KRS1 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 20,156
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohoney View Post
Os put Jonathan Villar on waivers. Acquiring him for nothing but the waiver claim would be nice.
Wed have to pay him ~$10M if we claim him.
  #9  
Old 11-27-2019, 04:46 PM
Mohoney Mohoney is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Palos Hills, IL
Posts: 13,246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS1 View Post
Wed have to pay him ~$10M if we claim him.
Yeah. Basically a Yolmer and a Leury. Im all for that.
  #10  
Old 11-27-2019, 06:19 PM
Tragg Tragg is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Gonzales LA
Posts: 15,908
Blog Entries: 2
Default

The Padres/Brewers trade is my kind of trade....and the type of trade the Sox have done well with. They don't do them often, but no time like the present.

How is Villar a 4 WAR player? He has .792 OPS as a 2B - solid enough but not great - and his defensive metrics are a slight negative.
  #11  
Old 11-27-2019, 06:22 PM
voodoochile's Avatar
voodoochile voodoochile is offline
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 59,534
Blog Entries: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragg View Post
The Padres/Brewers trade is my kind of trade....and the type of trade the Sox have done well with. They don't do them often, but no time like the present.

How is Villar a 4 WAR player? He has .792 OPS as a 2B - solid enough but not great - and his defensive metrics are a slight negative.
He was 8th in the majors for OPS for 2B last year.
__________________

Riding shotgun on the Sox bandwagon since before there was an Internet...
  #12  
Old 11-27-2019, 06:50 PM
Tragg Tragg is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Gonzales LA
Posts: 15,908
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochile View Post
He was 8th in the majors for OPS for 2B last year.
Anderson was 4th among SS (generally lighter hitting than 2B), with a .865 OPS. Slightly worse defensive metrics. 3.5 WAR (4 per ESPN). Just seems inflated to me.
As does Yolmer's 2 WAR, until I remember Eaton's nearly 8 WAR after playing a nice RF
  #13  
Old 11-27-2019, 07:10 PM
KRS1 KRS1 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 20,156
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragg View Post
Anderson was 4th among SS (generally lighter hitting than 2B), with a .865 OPS. Slightly worse defensive metrics. 3.5 WAR (4 per ESPN). Just seems inflated to me.
As does Yolmer's 2 WAR, until I remember Eaton's nearly 8 WAR after playing a nice RF
HR value definitely has drastic affect on everyone's WAR and the metrics hoopla.
  #14  
Old 11-27-2019, 07:47 PM
Mohoney Mohoney is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Palos Hills, IL
Posts: 13,246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS1 View Post
HR value definitely has drastic affect on everyone's WAR and the metrics hoopla.
Yes, and right now, SS are hitting more than 2B are. SS outslugged 2B in both 2018 and 2019.
  #15  
Old 11-27-2019, 07:58 PM
KRS1 KRS1 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 20,156
Default

Do the Padres have a higher waiver priority than us?
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:01 AM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.