White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 07:40 PM
WSI High Priest

Now the Cubbie Blue Bandwagon is pissing and moaning about Cuzzi’s strike zone—in a game they lost by a touchdown.

Seriously, **** the Cubs, **** their manager, and **** their fans. Go Brewers.
Old 08-14-2018, 08:06 PM
WSI Church Elder

Hamels or no Hamels I still feel that the Cubs are a little light in pitching.
“There were a few hard rules, but everybody was unique, and he understood that. George’s great strength was he didn’t overcoach. There’s no place for panic on the mound.” - Jim Palmer on George Bamberger “Arms and the man,” Sports Illustrated, April 19, 2004
Old 08-14-2018, 08:55 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grzegorz View Post
Hamels or no Hamels I still feel that the Cubs are a little light in pitching.
We'll see, I hope you are right. Darvish appears to be close to returning.
Old 08-14-2018, 09:06 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
We'll see, I hope you are right. Darvish appears to be close to returning.
Yeah, but what version of Yu Darvish will they be getting?
Old 08-14-2018, 09:34 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohoney View Post
Now the Cubbie Blue Bandwagon is pissing and moaning about Cuzzi’s strike zone—in a game they lost by a touchdown.

Preach!
Robin!

Yaz! Pliers!

"Robin Ventura has one thing Ozzie does not have -- CLASS!" ~My dad, in response to seeing the Sox commercials that featured Robin, 03.08.12

Old 08-15-2018, 04:09 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JermaineDye05 View Post
Yeah, but what version of Yu Darvish will they be getting?

The one in decline since 2016...
Old 08-15-2018, 06:42 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:

First, the 6th inning called stikeout of Zobrist, it was a ball. However that same pitch gets called a strike for Hendricks and Lester quite often. And it was close enough to the strikezone that Zobrist should of been swinging. Zobrist was given a very, very, very long leash as he argued so long and vociferously. If a Brewer had argued like that they’d have been tossed. Zobrist was, 2 innings later.

DrCrawdad
"In time you can turn these obsessions into careers...Hurry Down Doomsday the bugs are taking over." - Elvis Costello

Last edited by DrCrawdad; 08-15-2018 at 10:50 AM.
Old 08-15-2018, 11:41 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCrawdad
First, the 6th inning called stikeout of Zobrist, it was a ball. However that same pitch gets called a strike for Hendricks and Lester quite often. And it was close enough to the strikezone that Zobrist should of been swinging. Zobrist was given a very, very, very long leash as he argued so long and vociferously. If a Brewer had argued like that they’d have been tossed. Zobrist was, 2 innings later.
I just wish one of those genius coaches over there would teach Ben Zobrist how to breathe through his nose.
Old 08-15-2018, 05:20 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCrawdad View Post
Saw on Twitter where apparently there are more stories out today from mainstream organizations complaining about the call and tracking down umpires to explain it.

The Cubs lost to San Diego and gave up 10 runs...but it was the umpires who lost them the game.

The Cubs lost to Milwaukee by seven runs...but it was the umpires who lost the game.

Jesus!
Old 08-15-2018, 08:54 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Saw on Twitter where apparently there are more stories out today from mainstream organizations complaining about the call and tracking down umpires to explain it.

The Cubs lost to San Diego and gave up 10 runs...but it was the umpires who lost them the game.

The Cubs lost to Milwaukee by seven runs...but it was the umpires who lost the game.

Jesus!

Lordy they're a pathetic gaggle of whiners.
Old 08-15-2018, 11:16 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:

+1
Old 08-16-2018, 10:27 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
They need to.

Milwaukee made some moves before the deadline but once again didn't get an impact player like the Cubs did with Hamels. Must be a money issue with the Brewers but they are really letting some good opportunities go by the boards with that attitude.
They added Moustakas, Schoop, and Soria. That's a decent haul and a lot more trade activity than they did last year but it didn't address their biggest weakness which was starting pitching. They have a decent bullpen with Jefress, Hader, Soria (when he comes off the DL), and Knebel. They have a really strong lineup too. The problem is their rotation is filled with #3 and #4 starters. Maybe they can add someone before the waiver deadline but they really could have used one of the available starting pitchers like Gausman, Archer, or Hamels.

Another team to keep an eye on is the Cardinals. They have gotten suddenly hot and have won 8 in a row and are only 4 back now. Amazing how changing managers mid-season can sometimes energize a team. What a novel concept.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin
Old 08-16-2018, 12:18 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foulke You View Post
They added Moustakas, Schoop, and Soria. That's a decent haul and a lot more trade activity than they did last year but it didn't address their biggest weakness which was starting pitching. They have a decent bullpen with Jefress, Hader, Soria (when he comes off the DL), and Knebel. They have a really strong lineup too. The problem is their rotation is filled with #3 and #4 starters. Maybe they can add someone before the waiver deadline but they really could have used one of the available starting pitchers like Gausman, Archer, or Hamels.

Another team to keep an eye on is the Cardinals. They have gotten suddenly hot and have won 8 in a row and are only 4 back now. Amazing how changing managers mid-season can sometimes energize a team. What a novel concept.
I saw yesterday on Twitter where Jamie Nelson, arguably their best starter is not expected back this year after all. That's to bad for them.
Old 08-18-2018, 11:37 PM
WSI Personality

The Cardinals are creeping. Overtook the Brewers for 2nd place with tonight’s win and now 4 games out of first with that other teams loss.

I know it’s been discussed on this board that their turnaround probably was because of the manager firing but I wonder, could it be the trade of Pham. I wonder if the clubhouse was a toxic environment because of him. This is the only reason I can think of for why they traded him for 3 prospects who weren’t considered game changers.

On another note, the Cardinals have the pitching for a postseason run, if they can get there. Their Team ERA is the best in the NL central and 3rd best in the league.

CUBS SUCK

White Sox Fans, knowing more about baseball and the cubs than their own fans since 1901.

Last edited by TomC727; 08-19-2018 at 12:41 AM.
Old 08-19-2018, 01:37 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC727 View Post
I know it’s been discussed on this board that their turnaround probably was because of the manager firing but I wonder, could it be the trade of Pham. I wonder if the clubhouse was a toxic environment because of him. This is the only reason I can think of for why they traded him for 3 prospects who weren’t considered game changers.
The Pham thing is a popular theory among an unsavory segment of Cards fans.

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Closed Thread