White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2018, 09:13 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
It’s only a matter of time until three-dimensional representations of ball trajectories, the movement of bodies in space, and even the spin of the ball, will be able to be reproduced/modeled instantaneously with mathematics. And then, astute reporters will be able to say,

“Joe Pitcher said his curveball was fine, but data modeling shows it stopped spinning at the same rate the twelfth time he threw it, which is what happened in 37 of his last 39 appearances.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grzegorz View Post
Boy, that'll draw fans to the game.
Old 03-17-2018, 11:29 PM
WSI Guru

Chris Kuc has nothing on tebman. The Trip ought to hire him.

States Visited: 41
Next Up: North Dakota in May
Old 03-18-2018, 11:21 AM
WSI High Priest

There was a story today about the Cubs/Sox game by Gonzo who was there anyway. And a brief unsigned piece about Shields being named opening day starter. It can't stay this way can it? But they needed the space for NCAA hoops and the two page foldout spread on the Bears.

It doesn't alter my belief that the Trib and the Sox have an owner in common.
Old 03-18-2018, 11:45 AM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by slavko View Post
There was a story today about the Cubs/Sox game by Gonzo who was there anyway. And a brief unsigned piece about Shields being named opening day starter. It can't stay this way can it?
Yes it can.

My guess is that the columnists will cover some home games with AP boilerplate crap for all road games. Period. There's your coverage of one of the five major pro sports teams in the city.

Yet they'll still charge subscribers full price. How's that grab you clients? LOL.
Old 03-18-2018, 12:22 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
Yes it can.

My guess is that the columnists will cover some home games with AP boilerplate crap for all road games. Period. There's your coverage of one of the five major pro sports teams in the city.

Yet they'll still charge subscribers full price. How's that grab you clients? LOL.
I signed up for a subscription to The Athletic this morning- lots of solid content and writing. The Trib has frustrated me since I was a kid- with their bias towards the Cubs, and their grudging coverage of the White Sox (still remember "rolling towards danger" headline in 2005 after a great series in Toronto).

I think I'm still subscribing to the Trib (online & Sunday paper) out of habit and tradition. I think that's going to change.
Anderson, Fulmer, Giolito, Lopez, Moncada
Players that might be or could have trade value:
Abreu, Bummer, Castillo, Davidson, Delmonico, A. Garcia, Jones, Sanchez
Old 03-18-2018, 02:55 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by slavko View Post
There was a story today about the Cubs/Sox game by Gonzo who was there anyway. And a brief unsigned piece about Shields being named opening day starter. It can't stay this way can it? But they needed the space for NCAA hoops and the two page foldout spread on the Bears.
Wasn't that odd? Not a peep in the Saturday Trib yesterday about the Sox. The Saturday paper is a bit of a joke anyway, but it was still strange not to see even a game recap from Friday. Then this morning, just those two pieces. The Shields piece was written by the Tribune, but no writer's name was associated with it, and then Gonzo wrote a piece on Lopez which was basically a game recap from yesterday on the Sox/Cubs game, but no mention of the other squad that played the Dodgers.
Old 03-18-2018, 03:26 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
Wasn't that odd? Not a peep in the Saturday Trib yesterday about the Sox. The Saturday paper is a bit of a joke anyway, but it was still strange not to see even a game recap from Friday. Then this morning, just those two pieces. The Shields piece was written by the Tribune, but no writer's name was associated with it, and then Gonzo wrote a piece on Lopez which was basically a game recap from yesterday on the Sox/Cubs game, but no mention of the other squad that played the Dodgers.
Brian, there was no split squad game on Friday, the Sox played the Dodgers on Saturday and beat them 5-2.
Old 03-18-2018, 03:29 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
Brian, there was no split squad game on Friday, the Sox played the Dodgers on Saturday and beat them 5-2.
True but during spring training you should have a story EVERY SINGLE DAY ON THE TEAM. That's not happening any longer because apparently the Sox aren't "worthy" of it. What a piece of **** attitude.
Old 03-18-2018, 03:52 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
True but during spring training you should have a story EVERY SINGLE DAY ON THE TEAM. That's not happening any longer because apparently the Sox aren't "worthy" of it. What a piece of **** attitude.
I agree 100%, what's going on is unbelievable and unacceptable especially if the other team is being covered on a daily basis.
Old 03-18-2018, 04:29 PM
The Blind Squirrel that finally found an acorn.

Wheres the Sox management response to this? Do they even care?
Old 03-18-2018, 05:45 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
I knew the Sox played the Dodgers yesterday because I watched a bit of it on MLB.tv after the NCAA games wrapped up last night. I remember the starting lineup for Miguel was a little weak, so I assumed the bigger names were playing somewhere else. Putting two and two together, I thought Gonzalez' story on Lopez in this morning's paper was referring to the other squad. So that was in fact a game from Friday he was talking about?

So the Sunday paper doesn't have a wrap-up on the Sox Saturday afternoon game, but instead has the Cubs beat reporter doing a half-wrap story on the Friday Sox game? That's even more pathetic. Good grief.
Old 03-18-2018, 06:00 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
Wheres the Sox management response to this? Do they even care?
They care but there's nothing they can do about it. They don't own the Tribune.
Old 03-18-2018, 06:02 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
So the Sunday paper doesn't have a wrap-up on the Sox Saturday afternoon game, but instead has the Cubs beat reporter doing a half-wrap story on the Friday Sox game? That's even more pathetic. Good grief.
That's the new "normal" Brian. Get used to it. Remember the Tribune thinks nobody gives a **** about the Sox or they wouldn't have done what they did in the first place.

By the way Joe Knowles is the guy in charge of Tribune sports if you want to let him know how you feel about this ****. I already did in no uncertain terms.

And I may be wrong but I think the Tribune STILL owns 5% of the Cubs so that would be a blatant conflict of interest.
Old 03-18-2018, 06:05 PM
The Blind Squirrel that finally found an acorn.

Quote:
They care but there's nothing they can do about it. They don't own the Tribune.

Nothing wrong with shouting from the highest mountain to let all know of what occurred.
Old 03-18-2018, 06:30 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
That's the new "normal" Brian. Get used to it. Remember the Tribune thinks nobody gives a **** about the Sox or they wouldn't have done what they did in the first place.

By the way Joe Knowles is the guy in charge of Tribune sports if you want to let him know how you feel about this ****. I already did in no uncertain terms.

And I may be wrong but I think the Tribune STILL owns 5% of the Cubs so that would be a blatant conflict of interest.
They're doing it because they know they can get away with it. Not even mousy McGrath in all his sliminess stooped this low-he just allowed horrible, blatantly biased headlines.