White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2020, 06:56 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohoney View Post
14-15 months is a bare minimum for TJS return.
Like most of the stuff you say, this is just made up.
Old 01-05-2020, 07:12 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS1 View Post
Like most of the stuff you say, this is just made up.
Except itís not. Thanks for playing.
Old 01-05-2020, 07:15 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSoxNationPres View Post
Incorrect. It's 12-13 months. See: Johnny Cueto, Wainwright, others.

Well yeah he was and is pencilled in for the minors still, but he was going to be in AAA by the end of '18 before getting hurt. If the Sox need a good pitcher to fill in and he's healthy and pitching well in AA/AAA for a few months next year, he's definitely an option in Aug/Sept.

Make the money work? You mean just to spend more money just so Jerry doesn't have more in your mind? Again, the Sox got their 2 pitchers already. They want to get Kopech, Cease and Lopez significant to a full season worth of starts next season. You are just going in circles at this point.
No, not to spend just so Jerry canít keep it. Spend to improve the team, which Soler does. Kennedy does as well. Soler improves 2021ís team as well.

We are only taking on some payroll and trading prospects that we roadblocked.
Old 01-05-2020, 07:37 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
No, not to spend just so Jerry canít keep it. Spend to improve the team, which Soler does. Kennedy does as well. Soler improves 2021ís team as well.

We are only taking on some payroll and trading prospects that we roadblocked.
I like how you now no longer think that Duffy improves the team or chances for a WS in the future. You're right.

Going and getting JD Martinez also helps this team, but they aren't doing that or getting Soler. They are giving Mazara 2020 to see if he can take his game to another level like they think and hope he can. Will re-evaluate the position after this season.

Kennedy is a fine idea on it's own, but you have to overcomplicate and add pieces that only work in your mind to these daily trade proposals for pitching they aren't even in the market for.

And yes, you did completely make up the timetable return for TJS. Pure work of fiction.
Old 01-05-2020, 07:44 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Except it’s not. Thanks for playing.
One name is all I need to hopefully cut your incessant bull**** the **** out. Steven Strasburg.

Derp
Old 01-05-2020, 07:58 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSoxNationPres View Post
I like how you now no longer think that Duffy improves the team or chances for a WS in the future. You're right.

Going and getting JD Martinez also helps this team, but they aren't doing that or getting Soler. They are giving Mazara 2020 to see if he can take his game to another level like they think and hope he can. Will re-evaluate the position after this season.

Kennedy is a fine idea on it's own, but you have to overcomplicate and add pieces that only work in your mind to these daily trade proposals for pitching they aren't even in the market for.

And yes, you did completely make up the timetable return for TJS. Pure work of fiction.
12-18 months, 12 is on the extreme low end, 18 is on the extreme high end.

And I would much prefer Duffy in the rotation than Gio Gonzalez.
Old 01-05-2020, 08:06 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
One name is all I need to hopefully cut your incessant bull**** the **** out. Steven Strasburg.

Derp
See, that’s exactly what I don’t want to see. I don’t want to see Kopech take the AL by storm and then get yanked out of the rotation before the playoffs.

And Tommy John Surgery takes anywhere from 12 to 18 months; 12 at an extreme low end, and 18 at an extreme high end.

Herp derp

https://wtop.com/washington-national...ng-tommy-john/
Old 01-05-2020, 08:11 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
See, that’s exactly what I don’t want to see. I don’t want to see Kopech take the AL by storm and then get yanked out of the rotation before the playoffs.

And Tommy John Surgery takes anywhere from 12 to 18 months; 12 at an extreme low end, and 18 at an extreme high end.

Herp derp

I have never seen so many back tracks and double downs when someone is wrong and plain full of ****. Well, at least not without getting political.

You can keep going but you still made **** up, posted it as fact, did it again, retracted with new numbers and continue to stand by your bull****. You're nothing if not consistent and persistent. Humility is okay, too
Old 01-05-2020, 08:23 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
12-18 months, 12 is on the extreme low end, 18 is on the extreme high end.

And I would much prefer Duffy in the rotation than Gio Gonzalez.
Nice save there after doubling down on 14-15 months bare minimum recovery. No kidding 12 months is on the low end, that is common knowledge (at least I thought before interacting with you.)

Ok, but now you are changing from wanting Duffy over Lopez, to wanting Duffy over Gonzalez....
Old 01-05-2020, 08:28 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
See, thatís exactly what I donít want to see. I donít want to see Kopech take the AL by storm and then get yanked out of the rotation before the playoffs.

Herp derp

But we aren't even talking about Kopech for this! Kopech will be at like 19 months post surgery at the beginning of the season.... He'll be on an innings limit regardless.

Rodon, who we were actually talking about before you tried to move the goal posts, will be 15 months removed from surgery by Aug. which is a very reasonable and conservative estimate for his return.
Old 01-05-2020, 08:47 PM
WSI Prelate

OK, so what are your plans when Carlos Rodon is ouchie all season again and Reynaldo Lopez sucks again? Just finish in 2nd, call it progress, and consider that acceptable?

Yeah, Iím not willing to give that a stamp of approval.
Old 01-05-2020, 08:51 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:

Derp
Oh yeah. A beacon of humility right here...

Please tell me you meant to write that humility bull**** in teal.
Old 01-05-2020, 08:56 PM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

Yeah this is just done.

So tired of people being unwilling to communicate with any form of class and respect.

closed.

Riding shotgun on the Sox bandwagon since before there was an Internet...
Closed Thread