White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-11-2019, 12:04 AM
hoosiersoxfan hoosiersoxfan is offline
Co-Winner WSI 2018 NFL Pick'em Contest
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,045
Default Hot stove 3

Looks like we are indeed getting Mazara. Wonder what the Sox are giving up.

https://twitter.com/Evan_P_Grant/sta...27036028817409
  #2  
Old 12-11-2019, 12:10 AM
voodoochile's Avatar
voodoochile voodoochile is offline
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 59,179
Blog Entries: 9
Default

Other thread was past 500. This is still a rumor for now, so it makes a good place to start the next thread.
__________________

Riding shotgun on the Sox bandwagon since before there was an Internet...
  #3  
Old 12-11-2019, 12:14 AM
WhiteSox5187 WhiteSox5187 is offline
Winner 2016 WSI Preseason Prediction Contest
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Southside
Posts: 16,478
Default

Evan P. Grant, who I believe the Rangers beat writer for the Athletic says the Sox are getting Mazara. Not sure for who yet.
__________________

Go Sox!!!
  #4  
Old 12-11-2019, 01:01 AM
Domeshot17 Domeshot17 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Plainfield
Posts: 12,885
Default

Disappointing night. Sox miss out on all the premier FA again (assuming Rendon isnít coming here)
__________________
  #5  
Old 12-11-2019, 05:10 AM
Grzegorz Grzegorz is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Western Suburbs
Posts: 5,395
Default

It's going to be beautiful to watch the Yankees try to wriggle out of that Cole contract somewhere down the road.
__________________
ďThere were a few hard rules, but everybody was unique, and he understood that. Georgeís great strength was he didnít overcoach. Thereís no place for panic on the mound.Ē - Jim Palmer on George Bamberger ďArms and the man,Ē Sports Illustrated, April 19, 2004
  #6  
Old 12-11-2019, 08:34 AM
MrX MrX is offline
Co-Winner WSI 2016 NFL Pick'em contest
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: New Lenox, IL
Posts: 6,598
Default

Dodgers are reportedly focusing on Bumgarner now that they missed on Cole.
  #7  
Old 12-11-2019, 08:57 AM
asindc asindc is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Washington, DC area
Posts: 9,343
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grzegorz View Post
It's going to be beautiful to watch the Yankees try to wriggle out of that Cole contract somewhere down the road.
Thatís the first thing I thought when I read the numbers.
__________________
"I have the ultimate respect for White Sox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Red Sox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country." Jim Caple, ESPN (January 12, 2011)


"We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the (bleeding) obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." ó George Orwell
  #8  
Old 12-11-2019, 10:15 AM
KRS1 KRS1 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 20,002
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrX View Post
Dodgers are reportedly focusing on Bumgarner now that they missed on Cole.
I figured, probably just like Bum and his agent did. Waited on the market and they’ll get more now to play in Cali.
__________________
People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling
  #9  
Old 12-11-2019, 12:12 PM
ChiTownTrojan ChiTownTrojan is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Posts: 1,417
Default

Top 3 SPs available, all lefties, are Bumgarner, Ryu, and Keuchel. Of the three, Bum scares me the most. His high HR rate in SF would not translate well to GRF.

That leaves Ryu and Keuchel. If the Sox don't sign either of them, we have every right to be pissed. Ryu is 31, Keuchel is 32. Ryu has pitched better as of late, but has a lengthier injury history. I'm willing to ignore Keuchel's 2019 season, which was only 8 starts with no spring training.

Both would be welcome additions and massive upgrades to the current rotation, assuming they are in the 3-4 year range and not longer. Ryu would be my preferred target due to the better numbers the last couple years.
  #10  
Old 12-11-2019, 12:22 PM
Mohoney Mohoney is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Palos Hills, IL
Posts: 13,203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownTrojan View Post
Top 3 SPs available, all lefties, are Bumgarner, Ryu, and Keuchel. Of the three, Bum scares me the most. His high HR rate in SF would not translate well to GRF.

That leaves Ryu and Keuchel. If the Sox don't sign either of them, we have every right to be pissed. Ryu is 31, Keuchel is 32. Ryu has pitched better as of late, but has a lengthier injury history. I'm willing to ignore Keuchel's 2019 season, which was only 8 starts with no spring training.

Both would be welcome additions and massive upgrades to the current rotation, assuming they are in the 3-4 year range and not longer. Ryu would be my preferred target due to the better numbers the last couple years.
Dallas Keuchelís fly balls leave the yard a lot more often than Madison Bumgarnerís.

It doesnít matter, though. The team needs 2 of those 3, and will be getting none of them.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsemaster Fred
This is the major leagues so get it how you live and letís fight tomorrow.
  #11  
Old 12-11-2019, 01:56 PM
TheVulture TheVulture is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,071
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grzegorz View Post
It's going to be beautiful to watch the Yankees try to wriggle out of that Cole contract somewhere down the road.
yeah, after they dominate baseball for the next few years. They just put the game's top pitcher on top of an otherwise stacked roster. Hard to have a rosy outlook on that if you hope to do any winning the next five years
__________________
Fire Rinky Hahliams!!!!!
  #12  
Old 12-11-2019, 04:08 PM
voodoochile's Avatar
voodoochile voodoochile is offline
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 59,179
Blog Entries: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVulture View Post
yeah, after they dominate baseball for the next few years. They just put the game's top pitcher on top of an otherwise stacked roster. Hard to have a rosy outlook on that if you hope to do any winning the next five years
Might as well not even play the games, no one is beating Houston in 2019...
  #13  
Old 12-11-2019, 04:17 PM
Mohoney Mohoney is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Palos Hills, IL
Posts: 13,203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochile View Post
Might as well not even play the games, no one is beating Houston in 2019...
Nobody in our league did...
  #14  
Old 12-11-2019, 06:51 PM
Grzegorz Grzegorz is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Western Suburbs
Posts: 5,395
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVulture View Post
yeah, after they dominate baseball for the next few years. They just put the game's top pitcher on top of an otherwise stacked roster. Hard to have a rosy outlook on that if you hope to do any winning the next five years
Yeah, because we all know Cole will stay this dominate for the next three to five years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochile View Post
Might as well not even play the games, no one is beating Houston in 2019...
Thank you for the breath of fresh air.
  #15  
Old 12-11-2019, 09:44 PM
MrX MrX is offline
Co-Winner WSI 2016 NFL Pick'em contest
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: New Lenox, IL
Posts: 6,598
Default

Sounds like Rendon to the Angels is close to done.
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:44 AM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.