White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2019, 12:41 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domeshot17 View Post
No they are not hahahaha

Those are 2 projectable mid rotation arms who are doing some great things in the minors. They also both slot into the top 10 of the Jays system now. Just because they are not top 100 prospects does not make them third rate AAAA players.
Great things? Kay's got a disappointing ERA close to 7 at the AAA level. Richardson is now ranked 7th of the Toronto prospects. He's looked great, but only at single-A.

Really not sure if either of those are worth a Stroman. Clearly this was a win for the Mets although not sure how the endgame plays out or what their other plans are.
Old 07-30-2019, 02:03 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragg View Post
While he's 28, he's only controlled through next season.
The Mets have tried (unsuccessfully) to extend Wheeler in an attempt to make Thor the moveable piece, as they're eyeing a return to contention next year. They likely picked up Strohman with the thought that he'd be easier to extend. Wheeler and Thor are probably still on the outs. Even though he's got one year on his deal, the idea is to extend Strohman in the offseason.
Old 07-30-2019, 09:10 PM
Co-Winner WSI 2016 NFL Pick'em contest

Passan is reporting the Indians have traded Bauer to the Reds. No details on what else was involved.
Old 07-30-2019, 09:14 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrX View Post
Passan is reporting the Indians have traded Bauer to the Reds. No details on what else was involved.
Didn't see that coming

CUBS SUCK

White Sox Fans, knowing more about baseball and the cubs than their own fans since 1901.
Old 07-30-2019, 09:50 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrX View Post
Here's the trade details that I've seen on mlbtraderumors:

Indians Give
Trevor Bauer

Reds Give:
Yasiel Puig
Taylor Trammell
Scott Miss

Padres Give
Victor Nova
Franmil Reyes
Logan Allen

Indians get
Yasiel Puig
Victor Nova
Franmil Reyes
Logan Allen
Scott Moss

Reds get
Trevor Bauer

Padres get
Taylor Trammell

Last edited by jcw218; 07-30-2019 at 10:00 PM.
Old 07-30-2019, 10:36 PM
WSI Prelate

Indians killed it in that deal. I donít like the return for either of the other teams.

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Old 07-30-2019, 10:55 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle42 View Post
Indians killed it in that deal. I donít like the return for either of the other teams.
Yeah I'm confused what the Reds were thinking. They are not in it this year, and only have him for next year. Not the time to make this trade. Paid for .5 years that don't matter. If they are thinking of flipping him before the deadline, then it might make sense, though that is unlikely and there isn't much time.

Also it's not like they can extend Bauer, as he said he wants to do one year contracts when he's a FA.
Old 07-30-2019, 11:52 PM
WSI Prelate

Padres got Taylor Trammell, who according to some is the best prospect in the trade.
Old 07-31-2019, 04:04 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS1 View Post
Padres got Taylor Trammell, who according to some is the best prospect in the trade.
Taylor Trammell has struggled this year. This down year was enough for the Reds to add him to the transaction.
ďThere were a few hard rules, but everybody was unique, and he understood that. Georgeís great strength was he didnít overcoach. Thereís no place for panic on the mound.Ē - Jim Palmer on George Bamberger ďArms and the man,Ē Sports Illustrated, April 19, 2004
Old 07-31-2019, 06:24 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSoxNationPres View Post
Yeah I'm confused what the Reds were thinking. They are not in it this year, and only have him for next year. Not the time to make this trade. Paid for .5 years that don't matter. If they are thinking of flipping him before the deadline, then it might make sense, though that is unlikely and there isn't much time.

Also it's not like they can extend Bauer, as he said he wants to do one year contracts when he's a FA.
Bauer only has 2020 remaining, but Puig is gone in 2 months.

Taylor Trammell, Scott Moss, and 2 months of Yasiel Puig is more than fair for Trevor Bauer.

Good for them. They think 2020 is the opening of their competitive window, and they showed some urgency to get better.
Old 07-31-2019, 07:24 AM
WSI Personality

I had no idea this happened until they mentioned it on the radio this morning. Said "wait, what?" out loud.

Buyers are sellers, sellers are buyers, and everyone is giving the middle finger to the Yankees apparently.
Old 07-31-2019, 08:59 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS1 View Post
Kudos to the Padres for getting involved in a way that strengthens the top of their already top system.

Other than Cleveland wanting quantity over quality, I donít see why either CIN or CLE involved San Diego.

I donít see how this helps either the short-term or long-term for CLE; as a Sox fan Iím fine with that.
The universe is the practical joke of the General at the expense of the Particular, quoth Frater Perdurabo, and laughed. The disciples nearest him wept, seeing the Universal Sorrow. Others laughed, seeing the Universal Joke. Others wept. Others laughed. Others wept because they couldn't see the Joke, and others laughed lest they should be thought not to see the Joke. But though FRATER laughed openly, he wept secretly; and really he neither laughed nor wept. Nor did he mean what he said.
Old 07-31-2019, 09:18 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohoney View Post
Bauer only has 2020 remaining, but Puig is gone in 2 months.

Taylor Trammell, Scott Moss, and 2 months of Yasiel Puig is more than fair for Trevor Bauer.

Good for them. They think 2020 is the opening of their competitive window, and they showed some urgency to get better.
The price might be fair for Bauer, but I don't think it's a good fit for the Reds. Don't think they are at the point to be trading elite prospects for 1 year players. We'll see what they do in the offseason to complete their squad, but Trammell could have been a centerpiece for Syndergaard.
Old 07-31-2019, 09:27 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSoxNationPres View Post
The price might be fair for Bauer, but I don't think it's a good fit for the Reds. Don't think they are at the point to be trading elite prospects for 1 year players. We'll see what they do in the offseason to complete their squad, but Trammell could have been a centerpiece for Syndergaard.
A team like the Reds needs to take some risks. One top-flight prospect and one other pretty good prospect is a gamble, but if you can extend Bauer, it can pay off big-time.

Letís put it this way. Would you be willing to trade Jose Abreu (2-month rental), Nick Madrigal (top-flight prospect), and someone in the Thompson/Dalquist/Pilkington range (good young arm) for Trevor Bauer and hope to re-sign him? I think I would do that.

Bauer immediately becomes the best starting pitcher in the NL Central after this trade. They just have to hope they can close the deal on an extension, which more and more really good players are doing nowadays.
Old 07-31-2019, 09:43 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohoney View Post
A team like the Reds needs to take some risks. One top-flight prospect and one other pretty good prospect is a gamble, but if you can extend Bauer, it can pay off big-time.

Letís put it this way. Would you be willing to trade Jose Abreu (2-month rental), Nick Madrigal (top-flight prospect), and someone in the Thompson/Dalquist/Pilkington range (good young arm) for Trevor Bauer and hope to re-sign him? I think I would do that.

Bauer immediately becomes the best starting pitcher in the NL Central after this trade. They just have to hope they can close the deal on an extension, which more and more really good players are doing nowadays.
As I said in my OP, Bauer doesn't want to sign extensions. He is going to do 1 year contracts in FA like he said he would.