Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2019, 02:20 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdog1017 View Post
I give Santana two more starts before he's DFA'ed
Winner...winner. Those who thought he'd improve got a dose of reality this morning I guess.
Old 04-26-2019, 03:06 PM
WSI Prelate

When you have a pitching coach who is cold to analytics and modern processes, the front office does what?........Nothing

As for Santana, I mean who could have known?
Old 04-26-2019, 03:28 PM
WSI High Priest

I dunno- I'm not holding him accountable for crap like Nova, Santana and Jones- I see pretty good signs of development and progress with Rodon, Lopez, Giolito, Bansuelos, Fry, etc.-
Old 04-26-2019, 03:40 PM
WSI Prelate

How long?

I don't know. But what's the point? They'll probably just get Jose Contreras to replace him.

Coop is probably on the lower end of the list of people who need to be replaced. The top of said list being JR.
Old 04-26-2019, 09:39 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBradley72 View Post
I dunno- I'm not holding him accountable for crap like Nova, Santana and Jones- I see pretty good signs of development and progress with Rodon, Lopez, Giolito, Bansuelos, Fry, etc.-
Fry sure
Banuelos has been in baseball for years....maybe
Rodon, Lopez, Giolito added Fulmer and the bevy of relief pitchers Hahn has acquired....nope, considering their talent level. He barely uses technology.
Old 04-27-2019, 03:15 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briro2019 View Post
I have no idea why people think Hahn is not doing a good job. His rebuild has been excellent. He did what he needed to do and now its on the players. Yes he has made mistakes but everyone does.
Have you taken a look at the bullpen. Moncada, Anderson, Jimenez, Madrigal, Cease, Rodon and Kopech could all succeed and we could still have an 82 win team. Hahn has shown no ability at putting together a competitive 40 man roster. The Sox had quality star players a few years ago and still lost 99 games due to his ineptitude at putting together all the pieces.
Old 04-27-2019, 03:19 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVulture View Post
Have you taken a look at the bullpen. Moncada, Anderson, Jimenez, Madrigal, Cease, Rodon and Kopech could all succeed and we could still have an 82 win team. Hahn has shown no ability at putting together a competitive 40 man roster. The Sox had quality star players a few years ago and still lost 99 games due to his ineptitude at putting together all the pieces.
Bullpen is the last thing to put in place, as it is the most volatile. There are plenty of interesting arms in AA, AAA, and MLB to get a good pen together within the next year or so.
Old 04-27-2019, 07:14 PM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSoxNationPres View Post
Bullpen is the last thing to put in place, as it is the most volatile. There are plenty of interesting arms in AA, AAA, and MLB to get a good pen together within the next year or so.
More so because some of those slots will in theory be filled by guys like Fulmer who donk out as starters but still have a role to play in the bullpen. Burdi, Hamilton, Burr, Fry, Fulmer all might be bullpen arms already in the system.

Riding shotgun on the Sox bandwagon since before there was an Internet...
Old 04-27-2019, 07:23 PM
WSI Regular

Cooper is already being held accountable every time a fan posts criticisms of him.
Old 04-28-2019, 11:49 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSoxNationPres View Post
There are. But the only pitcher who has proven capable of a role in a major league pen is Fry . The rest from Burr to Hamilton all in between haven't, and the Sox have been wheeling out guys like this for 5 seasons (start with the Petricka/Putnam era)....and no real keepers except for Fry and Kahnle and rehabbing Swarzak. Well, there have been a couple of others....but the Sox talent evaluators didn't realize it and let them get away for nothing.

Last edited by Tragg; 04-28-2019 at 11:54 AM.