GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2019, 05:59 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBradley72 View Post

Moncada very impressive with the glove at 3rd- the play he made a shot down the line was really impressive- I was sure the ball was past him, but it wasn't , I didn't think he had any shot of getting the throw off from foul territory to get the runner, but he did- and made it look easy.

I'm excited about alot of the young guys- but he's becoming my favorite.

I think we dodged a bullett with Machado ending up in San Diego- I don't think Moncada had a real shot to be a good 2nd baseman- but I think he's our long term solution at 3rd.

I think that Yoan Moncada is a future perennial all star, that along with Tim Anderson will give the White Sox the best left infield side in the game . also, apparently Manny Machado doesn't seem to be the doubles machine that he was . he's had one great month, and the Padres better get good fast, since i read where he seems disinterested playing for a losing team.
Old 09-27-2019, 07:35 AM
WSI High Priest

This great!
Old 09-27-2019, 07:47 AM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grzegorz View Post
Don't know how YM would hit if saddled at second base and really don't care. He just saved the White Sox from signing MM.

Who's this MM?
Old 09-27-2019, 09:26 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huisj View Post
Kind of reminds me of Adrian Beltre a bit.
I'd love it if he could be a Beltre.
Old 09-27-2019, 11:08 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochile View Post
He's got a chance to be the best 3B in the game. His reaction time, quick release ability and ability to throw off balance and under time pressure with accuracy are all some of the best I've ever seen at 3rd base. Hes going to be a serious defensive star there, IMO.
Back in April- I was sitting right behind home plate- he charged a "swinging bunt" and made the transfer and throw as quickly and smoothly as just about any 3rd baseman I've ever seen- I just thought...."wow.....
Old 09-27-2019, 11:45 AM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBradley72 View Post
Back in April- I was sitting right behind home plate- he charged a "swinging bunt" and made the transfer and throw as quickly and smoothly as just about any 3rd baseman I've ever seen- I just thought...."wow.....
Yeah, exactly. He's by far the smoothest I've ever seen and it hit me early in the season.

Oddly enough ESPN has him as a negative DWAR player. I wonder if that's because he defers to Anderson and his immense range. I don't get it otherwise. His 15 errors are high but not horrific. His total chances are 5th among qualified 3B, but his errors place him 15th out of 18th (again, just qualified).

Riding shotgun on the Sox bandwagon since before there was an Internet...
Old 09-27-2019, 11:56 AM
Chief Skeptic and 2015 Preseason Predictions Contest Winner

Quote:
Yeah, exactly. He's by far the smoothest I've ever seen and it hit me early in the season.

Oddly enough ESPN has him as a negative DWAR player. I wonder if that's because he defers to Anderson and his immense range. I don't get it otherwise. His 15 errors are high but not horrific. His total chances are 5th among qualified 3B, but his errors place him 15th out of 18th (again, just qualified).
I donít think 15 errors are bad for a rangy 3B, much less one playing his first pro season at the position. I think his move to third, combined with his offensive progression, make up one of the 2 best success stories of the year (along with Giolito, and ahead of Anderson, McCann, Jimenez, Bummer in roughly that order).
Old 09-27-2019, 12:30 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:

Yoan is one of the most polarizing players in baseball with regards to his advanced defensive metrics.

Total Zone runs has him at +8, tied for 5th-best in all of baseball, trailing only Nolan Arenado, Matt Chapman, Max Muncy, and Marwin Gonzalez. Defensive Runs Saved has him at -9, tied for 3rd-worst in all of baseball, ahead of only Hunter Dozier and Colin Moran.
Old 09-27-2019, 12:55 PM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohoney View Post
Yoan is one of the most polarizing players in baseball with regards to his advanced defensive metrics.

Total Zone runs has him at +8, tied for 5th-best in all of baseball, trailing only Nolan Arenado, Matt Chapman, Max Muncy, and Marwin Gonzalez. Defensive Runs Saved has him at -9, tied for 3rd-worst in all of baseball, ahead of only Hunter Dozier and Colin Moran.
Goes to show we have a ways to go to really lock down these advanced stats especially defensively.
Old 09-27-2019, 12:59 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by insp View Post
Who's this MM?
Mickey Mantle