White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2018, 06:33 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMachine10 View Post
Re: Rutherford - perhaps you meant to say this would be the equivalent of his Sophomore year in college? Was 2016 draftee out of high school.
I was taking into account he was 19 when drafted- so I tacked on a year for the purposes of comparison.
Old 06-02-2018, 07:23 PM
WSI Prelate

Kopech hasn't had that great of a year, and walks plague him like they do the rest of our line up.

Greatest Arsenal goal I have ever witnessed. Chills to this day watching it.
Old 06-02-2018, 09:18 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by guillensdisciple View Post
Kopech hasn't had that great of a year, and walks plague him like they do the rest of our line up.
I've said a few times that Dunning will surpass some of the higher rated prospects ahead of him (Fulmer, Gio, Kopech, Cease, Hansen, Lopez) simply because he combines above-average stuff with above-average command. Hard to be an ace with that profile, but also harder to bust than if you've got nasty stuff but have trouble throwing strikes. This is also why I'm high on Stephens, and why I wouldn't have an issue with the Sox taking Singer (delivery issues aside), who has better stuff than DD with similar command.
Old 06-02-2018, 09:58 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by shes View Post
I've said a few times that Dunning will surpass some of the higher rated prospects ahead of him (Fulmer, Gio, Kopech, Cease, Hansen, Lopez) simply because he combines above-average stuff with above-average command. Hard to be an ace with that profile, but also harder to bust than if you've got nasty stuff but have trouble throwing strikes. This is also why I'm high on Stephens, and why I wouldn't have an issue with the Sox taking Singer (delivery issues aside), who has better stuff than DD with similar command.
I have trouble believing all three of Hansen, Cease, and Kopech bust and I think Kopech is having trouble because he is trying to fine tune his arsenal. That's why he is developing
Old 06-05-2018, 01:08 PM
WSI Personality

Luis Robert to Kannapolis:

Per https://www.milb.com/kannapolis/news...is/c-279883844
Old 06-05-2018, 01:10 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by XplodingScorbord View Post
Probably want him to get his hitting shoes back before the call up. Should be a quick stint.
Old 06-05-2018, 02:45 PM
Co-Winner WSI 2018 NFL Pick'em Contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by guillensdisciple View Post
Probably want him to get his hitting shoes back before the call up. Should be a quick stint.
It'll be interesting. Other than Spring Training before he got injured this is the first time Robert is playing minor league ball in the US. Spent last summer in the DSL.
Old 06-05-2018, 04:14 PM
WSI Prelate

I think he plays today. I am so excited.
Old 06-06-2018, 01:44 PM
WSI Prelate

Robert went 2 for 5 with 2 rbi and a stolen base.
Old 06-07-2018, 09:14 AM
WSI Prelate

Blake Rutherford might be breaking out of his slump. He went 3 for 4 yesterday with a double.
Old 06-09-2018, 10:43 AM
WSI Prelate

Kopech had a much better outing last night. 10 K in 6.0 IP. However, he did walk 5, so command is still an issue. Also, Collins was 2 for 4 and Robert was 2 for 5.

Dunning and Cease get the start tonight for their respective teams.
Old 06-10-2018, 12:11 PM
WSI Personality

Nice outings from Dunning and Cease yesterday.

That Kanny lineup is interesting. I know that many/most are college players so you expect them to produce, but you can't ignore the numbers Rivera is putting up. Curbelo is also hitting close to .300 and is still only 20 years old. I would imagine some of these guys are in line for a promotion to W-S soon. Curbelo was an over-slot prep taken in the '16 draft. As a Miami commit, he was considered a tough sign. He was ranked #106 in the draft so he's definitely someone to keep an eye on.
Old 06-10-2018, 01:37 PM
Chief Skeptic and 2015 Preseason Predictions Contest Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Chappas View Post
Curbelo is also hitting close to .300 and is still only 20 years old. I would imagine some of these guys are in line for a promotion to W-S soon. Curbelo was an over-slot prep taken in the '16 draft. As a Miami commit, he was considered a tough sign. He was ranked #106 in the draft so he's definitely someone to keep an eye on.
Curbelo joined Kannapolis only recently, and has 41 at-bats. Let's see how he does for the rest of the season.
Old 06-10-2018, 03:26 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Cavatica View Post
Curbelo joined Kannapolis only recently, and has 41 at-bats. Let's see how he does for the rest of the season.
Not anointing him the next great thing - just pointing out that he was a prettty highly regarded prep who was hurt most of Ď17 so this is really his inaugural season. So far, so good.
Old 06-10-2018, 03:30 PM
WSI Prelate

Question: Once Nick Madrigal and Steele Walker sign, where do people think they'll be ranked among Sox prospects? Is it a given that Madrigal will be in the Sox top 10? Top 5? Would Walker be among the top 30?

....and, yes, I know rankings are somewhat arbitrary. I was just curious as to how they generally would rank compared to the existing top prospects.
Closed Thread