White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2018, 06:49 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by guillensdisciple View Post
I know Luke Heimlich is a creep, but is he a top 10 round talent without his issues and do you guys think he will ever be drafted?
Fascinating and complex, detailed lead story on this kid in Sports Illustrated a few weeks ago. Highly suggest reading it.

Kid says he didn't do it and only pled guilty so that he wouldn't have to go through a prolonged trial and cause more harm to his family. Also was told in three years if he behaved well his record would be expunged.

A few weeks before this was supposed to happen a mistake in the Oregon data system allowed a reporter to discover what had transpired.

I don't know if the kid did it or not, the story explains both sides of the question fully.

Trying to remember but I think the story also said the kid passed a lie detector test.

This seems to be a situation where the court of public opinion is the main factor in what has transpired since. That's not necessarily a good thing but that's the way things are today.
Old 06-08-2018, 09:13 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownTrojan View Post
While I don't think Yolmer is a GG candidate at this point, I'm not sure what that has to do with his base running. He's been a bright spot on the team this year, and I definitely would like to see him on this team going forward, whether as a starter or as a super-utility IF.

He's not too good fundamentally that's all I am saying.
“There were a few hard rules, but everybody was unique, and he understood that. George’s great strength was he didn’t overcoach. There’s no place for panic on the mound.” - Jim Palmer on George Bamberger “Arms and the man,” Sports Illustrated, April 19, 2004
Old 06-08-2018, 09:40 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by guillensdisciple View Post
I know Luke Heimlich is a creep, but is he a top 10 round talent without his issues and do you guys think he will ever be drafted?
This is really tough. You would REALLY have to believe him to take a chance on him.
Old 06-09-2018, 11:35 AM
WSI Prelate

Once Nick Madrigal and Steele Walker sign, where do people think they'll be ranked among Sox prospects? Is it a given that Madrigal will be in the Sox top 10? Top 5? Would Walker be among the top 30?

I believe Hahn has already said that Madrigal will be playing at Winston Salem this year.
Old 06-09-2018, 12:03 PM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

We are at 500. If someone really wants to start a new 2018 draft thread they can but I would think these discussions could be moved to the general minor league thread since they are all Sox minor league players now.

Hitman, feel free to copy and paste your post there as you prefer.

closed.

Riding shotgun on the Sox bandwagon since before there was an Internet...
Closed Thread