Soxogram: 
GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2019, 04:22 PM
WSI High Priest

Default *Official* 5/26/19 Minn Twin Win Postgamer

Basically a lost weekend, not much to say except the Sox didn't hit and didn't pitch, hope things change on the homestand.

Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 05-26-2019 at 04:37 PM.
Old 05-26-2019, 04:56 PM
WSI Prelate

I really hate this White Sox team. I hate the Twins, but obviously it's not the same thing.

Twice on the roadtrip, the White Sox could only score an Abreu solo home run. Today Abreu only struck out and left two runners in scoring position.

This was still a ballgame when the Sox failed to score runners from second and third with nobody out, at least it would have been with two ground balls to the right side. Meanwhile, this team is showing that strikeouts really can go hand-in-hand with lack of production. Another 16 strikeouts today against pitching that isn't striking out a bunch of hitters. They are still behind the Mariners for the league lead, but after a fast start, the Mariners are having a worse May than the White Sox, only five wins and they look like they're headed for the 18th loss.

It isn't helping the Zavala appears so overmatched in his first five plate appearances, but even even when Castillo was the second catcher, this team usually looks brutal at the plate.
Old 05-26-2019, 05:23 PM
WSI High Priest

Good team kicked our ass. Moving on.
Old 05-26-2019, 05:37 PM
WSI Prelate

This week kind of showed how far back we are, but I do wonder if some of this is illusive. The twins are either potentially one of the greatest teams in baseball history or just riding an incredible hot streak. I want to see this come August.

Greatest Arsenal goal I have ever witnessed. Chills to this day watching it.
Old 05-26-2019, 05:49 PM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDog View Post
I really hate this White Sox team. I hate the Twins, but obviously it's not the same thing.

Twice on the roadtrip, the White Sox could only score an Abreu solo home run. Today Abreu only struck out and left two runners in scoring position.

This was still a ballgame when the Sox failed to score runners from second and third with nobody out, at least it would have been with two ground balls to the right side. Meanwhile, this team is showing that strikeouts really can go hand-in-hand with lack of production. Another 16 strikeouts today against pitching that isn't striking out a bunch of hitters. They are still behind the Mariners for the league lead, but after a fast start, the Mariners are having a worse May than the White Sox, only five wins and they look like they're headed for the 18th loss.

It isn't helping the Zavala appears so overmatched in his first five plate appearances, but even even when Castillo was the second catcher, this team usually looks brutal at the plate.
The first batter up, Eloy hit the ball the other way to RF and hit it hard, he just hit it right at someone. **** happens. I do agree that was frustrating to watch, but with Anderson out there's another hole in the lineup which will hopefully be fixed soon.

I agree about Zevala, but I think they are using timing concerns before calling up Collins - at least that seems to be the concensus. If they call him up now, they only get the next two seasons before he reaches arbitration status, so it's just a money issue at this time. Aside from McCann the catcher production has been bad all year.

Nice to see Yonder get a hold of one and nearly drive it out.

Would have liked to get one win this series, but coming home to face a lesser team will help them heal the pain.

Riding shotgun on the Sox bandwagon since before there was an Internet...
Old 05-26-2019, 06:12 PM
WSI Prelate

Outside of Engel, is there anyone in the farm who can actually play defensive OF? Tilson is terrible out there and fits in with the rest.
Old 05-26-2019, 06:23 PM
WSI Church Elder

If you dump dead weight like Sanchez and Alonso and Leury Garcia you can improve just by Engel quarterbacking the outfield. There is a chance here to build on a decent start instead of sinking again with some of the reasons we stink
Old 05-26-2019, 06:31 PM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke of dorwood View Post
If you dump dead weight like Sanchez and Alonso and Leury Garcia you can improve just by Engel quarterbacking the outfield. There is a chance here to build on a decent start instead of sinking again with some of the reasons we stink
Engle is currently hitting .172 with an .578 OPS... in... Charlotte, and it's up from where it was a week ago when he couldn't crack .450 for the first several weeks after being demoted

I'm all for better defense, but that's not acceptable. He failed to crack .600 OPS in 266 MLB games and almost 800 AB.
Old 05-26-2019, 06:34 PM
WSI Guru

Nice to see the Duke posting. Just looking at the posters online right now, nine people...six of which registered in the last week of July 2001 or first week of August 2001...almost 18 years ago.

Daver, Voodoo, Duke, BigKlu, Paulwny, and me.
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (34.2 KB, 9 views)