White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #136  
Old 05-24-2019, 10:18 PM
Tragg Tragg is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Gonzales LA
Posts: 15,769
Blog Entries: 2
Default

The Reds are going to be good soon.
  #137  
Old 05-25-2019, 12:45 PM
TomC727 TomC727 is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: South Suburbs
Posts: 739
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragg View Post
The Reds are going to be good soon.
Not with that pitching staff.
__________________
GO WHITE SOX


CUBS SUCK

White Sox Fans, knowing more about baseball and the cubs than their own fans since 1901.
  #138  
Old 05-25-2019, 07:16 PM
Tragg Tragg is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Gonzales LA
Posts: 15,769
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC727 View Post
Not with that pitching staff.
They have arms. Just need harnessing.
  #139  
Old 05-26-2019, 06:20 PM
Grzegorz Grzegorz is online now
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Western Suburbs
Posts: 5,037
Default

Bryant & Heyward playing out of position. A ball is hit between them and they collide. Bryant leaves the game. There is so much here to critique it is difficult to know where to start.
__________________
“There were a few hard rules, but everybody was unique, and he understood that. George’s great strength was he didn’t overcoach. There’s no place for panic on the mound.” - Jim Palmer on George Bamberger “Arms and the man,” Sports Illustrated, April 19, 2004
  #140  
Old 05-26-2019, 09:13 PM
TDog TDog is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Modesto, California
Posts: 18,576
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grzegorz View Post
Bryant & Heyward playing out of position. A ball is hit between them and they collide. Bryant leaves the game. There is so much here to critique it is difficult to know where to start.

Heyward has played a lot of center and Bryant is secondarily and outfielder, although third base is his primary position. I wouldn't say either was playing out of position. Out of position is more of a Robin Ventura or Jermaine Dye at shortstop thing.
  #141  
Old 05-29-2019, 08:31 PM
Rocky Soprano Rocky Soprano is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Munster, IN
Posts: 9,662
Default

Twitter is lighting up with a heart wrenching scene, Almora hit a foul ball into the stands and it ended up hitting a young child. Almora was visibly shaken. Hoping the little guy/girl is ok.
  #142  
Old 05-30-2019, 01:56 AM
thomas35forever's Avatar
thomas35forever thomas35forever is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lombard
Posts: 27,449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Soprano View Post
Twitter is lighting up with a heart wrenching scene, Almora hit a foul ball into the stands and it ended up hitting a young child. Almora was visibly shaken. Hoping the little guy/girl is ok.
Very tough moment. Really shows these players are no less human than the rest of us.
__________________
Consistency lost
If found, please return to 333 W. 35th Street, Chicago. Generous reward offered.
  #143  
Old 05-30-2019, 04:14 AM
Grzegorz Grzegorz is online now
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Western Suburbs
Posts: 5,037
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDog View Post
Heyward has played a lot of center and Bryant is secondarily and outfielder, although third base is his primary position. I wouldn't say either was playing out of position. Out of position is more of a Robin Ventura or Jermaine Dye at shortstop thing.
When you have two professions playing in the outfield and they do not have the situational awareness to communicate, as outfielders are taught to do in Little League, they're playing out of position.
  #144  
Old 05-30-2019, 09:16 AM
Rocky Soprano Rocky Soprano is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Munster, IN
Posts: 9,662
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas35forever View Post
Very tough moment. Really shows these players are no less human than the rest of us.
Exactly. He broke down just like any of us would. Seems like the 4yr old girl is going to be ok which is great to hear.
  #145  
Old 06-02-2019, 07:15 PM
DumpJerry's Avatar
DumpJerry DumpJerry is offline
Tom Feargal Hagen
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The hearts and minds of Sox fans on 10-26-05
Posts: 28,259
Default

I texted a Cub that this is soooo exciting. The Sox are in Second and the Cubs (the other day) were only 1/2 out of Second.

Ooops.
__________________


2020....2020.....2020....2020....2020.....
  #146  
Old 06-02-2019, 08:07 PM
TDog TDog is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Modesto, California
Posts: 18,576
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grzegorz View Post
When you have two professions playing in the outfield and they do not have the situational awareness to communicate, as outfielders are taught to do in Little League, they're playing out of position.

By that definition, at least two thirds of major league defensive players are playing out of position.
  #147  
Old 06-02-2019, 09:49 PM
Steelrod Steelrod is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,658
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumpJerry View Post
I texted a Cub that this is soooo exciting. The Sox are in Second and the Cubs (the other day) were only 1/2 out of Second.

Ooops.
Take another look. lol
  #148  
Old 06-03-2019, 06:14 PM
Grzegorz Grzegorz is online now
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Western Suburbs
Posts: 5,037
Default

The Cubs signed CarGo?
  #149  
Old 06-05-2019, 08:04 PM
thomas35forever's Avatar
thomas35forever thomas35forever is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lombard
Posts: 27,449
Default

Kimbrel has signed a multi-year deal with the Cubs, pending a physical. And yes, some of their fans not only are calling them the NL favorites now, but "easily" the NL favorites.
  #150  
Old 06-05-2019, 08:17 PM
kittle42 kittle42 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lakeview
Posts: 23,231
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas35forever View Post
Kimbrel has signed a multi-year deal with the Cubs, pending a physical. And yes, some of their fans not only are calling them the NL favorites now, but "easily" the NL favorites.
It is a significant upgrade. They’re the NL central favorites for sure. Maybe the significant NL Central favorites. Dodgers unquestionably the NL favorites.
__________________
Ridiculousness across all sports:

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:44 PM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.