GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2019, 04:32 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railsplitter View Post
I was there, too. That was the loudest Sox crowd I was ever at. From my vantage point (upper beck, down the left field line) the ball looked like it would be gapper at least, but it never dropped
The one cool thing about that game is that EVERYONE stayed all the way to the bottom of the 9th- Torborg's team never quit and were making alot of late inning comebacks- so fans stayed all the way to the last out.
Old 06-06-2019, 04:54 PM
WSI High Priest

Was anyone else at the 93 division clincher against the Mariners?
Lots of fun with fans dancing in the aisles and the Sox coming back on the field with a victory lap. No one left the park for almost an hour. Here's the thing, I couldn't tell how loud it really was because we sat in row 29 in the UD, that was as high as you could go, that was before the lop off of 8 rows before the 2004 season so we were basically sitting above all the noise.
Old 06-06-2019, 05:07 PM
Winner 2016 WSI Preseason Prediction Contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
Lots of fun with fans dancing in the aisles and the Sox coming back on the field with a victory lap. No one left the park for almost an hour. Here's the thing, I couldn't tell how loud it really was because we sat in row 29 in the UD, that was as high as you could go, that was before the lop off of 8 rows before the 2004 season so we were basically sitting above all the noise.
My aunt was at the '93 clincher and she told me that she was actually surprised by how quiet it seemed to her because New Comiskey didn't hold as much noise as Old Comiskey did. She said the clinching game in '83 was much louder. I've also heard that a few times from my family, that as exciting as games can be at New Comiskey, they're not quite as loud as at Old Comiskey.

Go Sox!!!
Old 06-06-2019, 11:07 PM
WSI High Priest

There are some great memories in this thread.

I was at the Robin Ventura HR off of Gossage game. I didn't get to enjoy the post-game celebration too much, we had to find the drunk lout who came with us for his first game at the new park.

I was at the Blackout game, with Thome's HR and the Brian Anderson catch to end the game.

I didn't get to go to any 2005 post season games, but I am sure it was loud for the Konerko slam and Pods' walkoff.

And, for good measure, I will throw one more out there I haven't seen mentioned yet. I am speaking of the Cubs @ Sox game where El Caballo hit the extra inning walkoff slam to send the blue faithful off to cry in their beer. That was LOUD walking down the ramps!

SMO
Old 06-07-2019, 10:31 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
I was there (9/27/93). The after-game celebrations were indeed great but the single loudest moment of that game, in my memory, was Bo's high, high pop-up that turned out be a home run, with two on and two out to take the lead in the sixth inning, in what had been a scoreless game that far. When the ball came off the bat it was not at all clear that it was going over the fence. So you had the suspense and then the explosion of noise.
Old 06-07-2019, 12:13 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxandtheCityTee View Post
I was there (9/27/93). The after-game celebrations were indeed great but the single loudest moment of that game, in my memory, was Bo's high, high pop-up that turned out be a home run, with two on and two out to take the lead in the sixth inning, in what had been a scoreless game that far. When the ball came off the bat it was not at all clear that it was going over the fence. So you had the suspense and then the explosion of noise.
It was one of the strangest homers I've ever seen, the only reason a ball hit like that clearing the fence was pure unadulterated strength from Bo.
Old 06-07-2019, 12:25 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
It was one of the strangest homers I've ever seen, the only reason a ball hit like that clearing the fence was pure unadulterated strength from Bo.
You said it. Much later I saw video of that game broadcast. When Bo first hits that ball the shortstop backs up as if he might catch it!

I see others have mentioned the blackout game in 2008 -- that was also a great, great post-game celebration.
Old 06-07-2019, 03:23 PM
WSI Personality

Life long Sox fan and season ticket holder since 1990. I have been extremely fortunate to have been at most of the games that were mentioned.
PK's World Series grand slam was the loudest, most euphoric moment in White Sox history, in my opinion. What I would give to be "in the moment" like that just one more time!!

Although I do agree the old ballpark, especially in 1977, held the noise better.

There is an old (2012) article about the 25 greatest moments in Sox history, its a fun stroll down memory lane. Link:

https://www.complex.com/sports/2012/...e-sox-history/
Old 06-07-2019, 06:55 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehosepub View Post
Life long Sox fan and season ticket holder since 1990. I have been extremely fortunate to have been at most of the games that were mentioned.
PK's World Series grand slam was the loudest, most euphoric moment in White Sox history, in my opinion. What I would give to be "in the moment" like that just one more time!!

Although I do agree the old ballpark, especially in 1977, held the noise better.

There is an old (2012) article about the 25 greatest moments in Sox history, its a fun stroll down memory lane. Link:

Ok, some of the moments were fun. Otherwise, a douchey article by a douchey-looking douche. With mistakes, of course. I hope for the day that I see a story about the White Sox without a mistake, and not written by a knucklehead.
Old 06-09-2019, 02:36 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehosepub View Post

Man...so many fun memories. A lot of that is in the blood of any die hard White Sox fan...but it had been years since I'd remembered Blum's Game 3, 14th inning home run. Maybe that's on me, and I can own that...but there were just so many great moments in October 2005, it's hard to keep them all in my skull!