GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2019, 11:07 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeFish View Post
I believe there was a survey in England about 10 years ago where British people who had never heard of MLB teams ranked the MLB hats and the Sox hat rated very highly if not #1. It's a sweet hat so lots of people are going to wear it.

I had an amusing incident a few years ago. I was out with a Cubs fan friend and the Cubs had beaten the heck out of the Phillies that day. We came across a man wearing a Phillies hat (on the south side of Chicago) and my friend talked **** to him. The man had no idea what was going on and was incredibly confused by this, but the rest of his outfit was red and it was clear he just picked that hat out for the colors.
I believe this. I travel a lot on business and go through many airports, etc., and I see a lot of people where the black SOX cap as a fashion item. It matches up well with black workout gear, sweatshirts, etc. I see this a lot on the young ladies who where the nylon stretch pants and workout sweatshirts matched up with the cap.

I would like to believe they are SOX fans, however I think they are more fans of the cool cap.
Old 06-15-2019, 12:43 PM
Co-Winner WSI 2018 NFL Pick'em Contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeFish View Post
I believe there was a survey in England about 10 years ago where British people who had never heard of MLB teams ranked the MLB hats and the Sox hat rated very highly if not #1. It's a sweet hat so lots of people are going to wear it.
Sox hats are very popular among non fans. Just in the last couple weeks Kevin Durant and Demarcus Cousins did interviews while wearing a black Sox hat.
Old 06-15-2019, 12:52 PM
WSI Village Atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosiersoxfan View Post
Sox hats are very popular among non fans. Just in the last couple weeks Kevin Durant and Demarcus Cousins did interviews while wearing a black Sox hat.

I was just watching the U-20 World Cup Final during my cardio workout at the club. Korea had just skied one over the Ukraine net. The game is in Poland. There was a kid near where the ball went into the stands wearing a Sox hat.

Apr 8 L
May 18 W
May 29 W
Jun 15 L
Jun 29 L
Jul 3 (1) W
Jul 4 L

Next Game Ju1 23
Old 06-15-2019, 01:05 PM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by FielderJones View Post
I was just watching the U-20 World Cup Final during my cardio workout at the club. Korea had just skied one over the Ukraine net. The game is in Poland. There was a kid near where the ball went into the stands wearing a Sox hat.
Well that's probably because of their rising star Eloy Jimenezki...

Riding shotgun on the Sox bandwagon since before there was an Internet...
Old 06-15-2019, 06:06 PM
WSI Prelate

You know after the whole Machado thing I was pretty much done with this organization for quite a bit. I still really can't forgive the front office for that. Credit is really due to the players IMO for bringing me back to this club. I started my free trial for MLB.TV last week when Giolito faced the Royals. Last night I think I watched my first game from the 1st inning onwards for quite a while. I was not disappointed.

Old 06-16-2019, 08:56 AM
WSI Church Elder

My son and I have been sporting our sox gear through our road trip: Louisville, Chattanooga, Valdosta, Universal Studios, and now Ft. Lauderdale. Every place we get a go Sox! Will continue on the trip back.
Old 06-16-2019, 12:51 PM
WSI Church Elder

I was in southwest Michigan last night at a festival, and there were lots of Sox hats.

I was sheltering from the rain under a canopy with a small group of people I didn't know, that included me and another Sox hat wearer plus a chippy Cubs fan. We ignored him as we chatted about getting to .500, Eloy, the usual stuff. The Sox fan admired my hat (the June monthly giveaway with the light blue stripes) and the Cubs fan pipes up with "Yeah, they HAVE to give those things away." After a second's pause and a smile at him I turned back to the Sox fan and said in a casual-observation tone "It's weird how even after winning the World Series they're still not gracious -- so bitter, you know?" Not a word from Flubs Fan about it the rest of the evening.
Old 06-18-2019, 04:11 AM
WSI Church Elder

This two game stint will be interesting with the Cubs. The White Sox are looking forward to these cross town games and have been vocal about it.

If they can just get the starting pitching...
“There were a few hard rules, but everybody was unique, and he understood that. George’s great strength was he didn’t overcoach. There’s no place for panic on the mound.” - Jim Palmer on George Bamberger “Arms and the man,” Sports Illustrated, April 19, 2004
Old 06-18-2019, 04:19 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grzegorz View Post
This two game stint will be interesting with the Cubs. The White Sox are looking forward to these cross town games and have been vocal about it.

If they can just get the starting pitching...

This series might start becoming relevant again after 2 years of the Sox in full tank mode.

By the way, the Cubs in Year 3 of their rebuild were sporting a 30-40 record on June 18, 2014 and had players like Darwin Barney and Luis Valbuena in their every day lineup. They finished the season 73-89.

Progress is being made and it takes time, folks.
Old 06-18-2019, 04:46 PM
WSI Prelate

And Leon's getting laaaarrrrrrrrrger.

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."