GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2019, 01:32 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeFish View Post
Oh and as for this Osich kid, the Sox will need to put him into more games if they hope to compete for a decent draft position.
Osich sucked with SF, I don’t know if this is another one of those “Coop will fix him” turds.
Old 06-05-2019, 02:06 PM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Allen View Post
Osich sucked with SF, I don’t know if this is another one of those “Coop will fix him” turds.
As usual for him the stats were excellent at AAA prior to being called up and the Sox needed warm bodies

Riding shotgun on the Sox bandwagon since before there was an Internet...
Old 06-05-2019, 02:40 PM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBradley72 View Post
Cease with 100+ pitches in his last start over only 5 IP
Collins got ejected while playing defense last night in the 5th inning. Not sure what is up but seems the most likely explanation is he was arguing balls and strikes. If so it might suggest Cease was getting squeezed.
Old 06-05-2019, 05:12 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBradley72 View Post
Nationals announcers state (before the Rendon AB in the 5th), "that has to have been his last batter", then after Rendon's 3 run bomb, "you don't have to have a trained eye to have seen that coming".

Lopez is clearly struggling- but this is the 2nd start in a row where Rentaria left him out there too long- especially with a well rested bullpen and so many off days in June- there's no reason for it- especially with a chance to get to .500- I'd prefer to play to win, than prioritize long term development to that extent.
My wife - no joke - said the game was over the moment she saw that Lopez was on the bump to start the fifth inning.

I agree completely with the second paragraph. There's no reason to extend him coming off an off-day with another off-day on Thursday. None. The bullpen should be well-rested.

Darrin Jackson referenced the fact that hitters can see that Lopez can only throw one pitch for a strike. Even I can hit 97 (I think) if all I have to do is cover location and spit on anything spinning.

I don't think sending Lopez down will help, particularly since the arm you're bringing up isn't better. I'd rather skip him in the rotation once or twice (which can be done with all the off-days coming up) and try to address command issues in side sessions or long relief instead.

Or continue to start him but with a quick hook and have Banuelos as the first arm out of the pen for Lopez's starts to cover the innings Lopez can't.

"If I was going to storm a pillbox, going to sheer, utter, certain death, and the Colonel said 'Shepherd, pick six guys", I'd pick six White Sox fans because they have known death every day of their lives and it holds no terror for them." - Jean Shepherd