Soxogram: 
GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2019, 10:16 PM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

Default *Official* 6/14/19 ELOY! GIO! .500! Postgamer

Oh yeah baby. Heck of a night. Eloy is just on FIRE!

Gio had another nice outing after the solo shot in the first.

Back end of the bullpen did excellent work including Minaya entering the game with 2-men on and not yielding a run.

Hope good Lopez shows up tomorrow. Let's get in positive territory. Couple hot hitters can really change the game...

Riding shotgun on the Sox bandwagon since before there was an Internet...
Old 06-14-2019, 10:18 PM
WSI High Priest

Not a fan at all of trotting Giolito out there for the 7th inning. Kid was at 93 pitches and had been wild the inning before, and spent a lot of time sitting on the bench while his team scored a bunch of runs in the bottom of the 6th.

What is the point of sending Giolito out there when you are leading 10-1 and he's clearly gased already? To get him experience pitching while exhausted?

The Sox are lucky that his ERA is still 2.22, he could have easily been tagged for 2 ER.
"Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but its nature is to be extravagant, and those who go so far as to stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only when they are ruined."
-- Thucydides
Old 06-14-2019, 10:20 PM
WSI Church Elder

Welcome to .500, boys

2014 PtC Score: 1
WSI High Priest

Maybe the IL stints these guys had were blessings in disguise from a mental standpoint.
WSI Regular

Amazing that the team won by such a lopsided margin despite all the overaggressive hitting what with hitting into 4 double plays and the like.
Old 06-14-2019, 10:23 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by insp View Post
Amazing that the team won by such a lopsided margin despite all the overaggressive hitting what with hitting into 4 double plays and the like.
Sabathia’s stuff caught way too much of the plate tonight. Why give him a chance to get to a 2-strike count?
Old 06-14-2019, 10:27 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeFish View Post
Not a fan at all of trotting Giolito out there for the 7th inning. Kid was at 93 pitches and had been wild the inning before, and spent a lot of time sitting on the bench while his team scored a bunch of runs in the bottom of the 6th.

What is the point of sending Giolito out there when you are leading 10-1 and he's clearly gased already? To get him experience pitching while exhausted?

The Sox are lucky that his ERA is still 2.22, he could have easily been tagged for 2 ER.
In rain nonetheless. I questioned that move too. Really dumb there. Felt like it was just asking for an injury. Thankfully the Sox got out of the inning.

Eloy has most definitely arrived. Nice to see this team doing it too without Moncada in the lineup.
Old 06-14-2019, 10:33 PM
WSI High Priest

What's up with Moncada by the way? Is he on the IL?
Old 06-14-2019, 10:33 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:

Entering 7th he was under 100 pitches. Sure could have pulled him but he was facing 6-7-8 in the lineup, so not unreasonable at all to let the kid go out and be the ace that he is turning into. 2 hits and a hook. No big deal.

(I love the lack of any mention of GIo's actual performance, Eloy, TA7, etc.)

You're marvelous, don't you go changing
Old 06-14-2019, 10:34 PM
Chief Skeptic and 2015 Preseason Predictions Contest Winner

.500!

Giolito continuing to pitch like this:
Old 06-14-2019, 10:41 PM
WSI Personality

Fun fact per the Sox: Eloy’s 6 RBIs are the most by a rookie since Jose Abreu had 6 against the Rays on April 25, 2014. I was excited for José when he arrived here. I may be even more excited about Eloy. This is becoming a fun team to watch!
Old 06-14-2019, 10:52 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
What's up with Moncada by the way? Is he on the IL?
Upper back tightness. Yesterday Moncada said he felt much better and that he expected to return to the lineup on Saturday or Sunday.

2019 Sox Attendance Tracker: 6-2
All time Sox Attendance Tracker:

283-243
Old 06-14-2019, 10:52 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by XplodingScorbord View Post
Fun fact per the Sox: Eloy’s 6 RBIs are the most by a rookie since Jose Abreu had 6 against the Rays on April 25, 2014. I was excited for José when he arrived here. I may be even more excited about Eloy. This is becoming a fun team to watch!
Agreed. Things are getting interesting, just when I am going overseas (again) for a year and will only get to watch recaps with my morning coffee

Frank Thomas: the best Sox player there was, and the best Sox player there ever will be! No doubt about it!
Old 06-14-2019, 10:58 PM
WSI High Priest

Haven't seen .500 in a while, things look like they're going the right way, which is really all we could ask for at this point in the game.
Also, some well played ball tonight.
Old 06-14-2019, 11:01 PM
WSI Church Elder

I didn’t get to watch the game tonight, but will catch it to tomorrow. The feeling I get is that the Yankees are not particularly scary without Judge and Stanton, but even they have rehab work to do.

Tonight, I went with a friend and his wife to see the Durham Bulls at home vs. theScranton/WilkesBarre RailRiders. Stanton and Judge were re-habbing tonight to a sold-out SRO crowd. Judge couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn; struck out three times. Stanton was not much better, but he hit a monstrous 3-run homerun that looked like it was lifting off to outer space. Druham won 16-3.

I like the chances for Sox for the rest of the series.