White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-18-2019, 11:49 PM
SoxThunder SoxThunder is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: St. Charles, IL
Posts: 120
Default Guaranteed Rate Field’s Food Rated #1 in SeatGeek.com poll

Must be the churros.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/features...food-bathrooms

https://seatgeek.com/stadium-guides
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-19-2019, 02:07 PM
Whitesox029 Whitesox029 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Woodridge
Posts: 3,133
Default

Someone should tell the hacks writing list articles for 3rd-rate websites who haven't been to Sox Park since 2002.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-19-2019, 03:28 PM
HomeFish HomeFish is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 7,290
Default

Did the WSI Sox Army rig the poll like so many 25th man votes, or is the food really that good now?
__________________
"Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but its nature is to be extravagant, and those who go so far as to stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only when they are ruined."
-- Thucydides
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-19-2019, 03:29 PM
WhiteSox5187 WhiteSox5187 is offline
Winner 2016 WSI Preseason Prediction Contest
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Southside
Posts: 16,377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeFish View Post
Did the WSI Sox Army rig the poll like so many 25th man votes, or is the food really that good now?
I thought the Sox usually rank pretty high when it comes to ballpark food.
__________________

Go Sox!!!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-19-2019, 04:12 PM
beebee richards beebee richards is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 134
Default

The ball park is great. Good public transit, easy parking, easy entry, clean bathrooms, too many good beer choices, good food, beautiful field, up and coming young team. Blows away the **** hole on addison
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-20-2019, 01:41 AM
mzh mzh is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,443
Default

GRF (though I still call it The Cell while speaking out loud) gets a bad rap because it really was a big ugly mess from 1991 through the mid-2000s or so. It also tends to get talked about in the same breath as the parks in Baltimore, Cleveland, Colorado, and Arlington that were all built within a few years of each other, and of which ours was far and away the worst at the time. But between the food, the scoreboards, the green seats, the addition of the canopy and removal of the top 8 rows, the fan deck, Fundamentals, the complete overhaul of Gate 5 with the Sports Depot and restaurant, and the Goose Island seats, it's an ENTIRELY different ballpark than it was even 15 years ago. Then you add in fun little quirks like "The Catch" and the blue seats where the Slam and Podsednik's walkoff landed, and it's actually turned into a really pleasant place to watch a game with quite a bit of character. I've been to about half of the active ballparks in the big leagues now and it's up there with the best of them in terms of gameday experience. Hard to believe it's the 9th oldest in the league, 8th when you consider that Tampa Bay didn't even have a baseball team until 97.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-20-2019, 08:27 AM
asindc asindc is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Washington, DC area
Posts: 9,188
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzh View Post
GRF (though I still call it The Cell while speaking out loud) gets a bad rap because it really was a big ugly mess from 1991 through the mid-2000s or so. It also tends to get talked about in the same breath as the parks in Baltimore, Cleveland, Colorado, and Arlington that were all built within a few years of each other, and of which ours was far and away the worst at the time. But between the food, the scoreboards, the green seats, the addition of the canopy and removal of the top 8 rows, the fan deck, Fundamentals, the complete overhaul of Gate 5 with the Sports Depot and restaurant, and the Goose Island seats, it's an ENTIRELY different ballpark than it was even 15 years ago. Then you add in fun little quirks like "The Catch" and the blue seats where the Slam and Podsednik's walkoff landed, and it's actually turned into a really pleasant place to watch a game with quite a bit of character. I've been to about half of the active ballparks in the big leagues now and it's up there with the best of them in terms of gameday experience. Hard to believe it's the 9th oldest in the league, 8th when you consider that Tampa Bay didn't even have a baseball team until 97.
I agree with this. I have been to the current parks of the Nats, Cubs, Baltimore, Philly, both NY teams, Boston, Colorado, Cleveland (though its been awhile), and SF. Of those, only SF had food on par with new Comiskey. As far as the game experience itself, I would put only SF and Colorado clearly ahead of new Comiskey, while Baltimore in particular has not aged as well.
__________________
"I have the ultimate respect for White Sox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Red Sox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country." Jim Caple, ESPN (January 12, 2011)


"We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the (bleeding) obvious is the first duty of intelligent men."George Orwell
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-20-2019, 08:44 PM
Brian26's Avatar
Brian26 Brian26 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Chicago
Posts: 31,902
Blog Entries: 52
Default

The same poll ranked the Cell 26 out of 30 in "atmosphere".
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-21-2019, 10:47 AM
beasly213 beasly213 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Orland Park
Posts: 4,944
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beebee richards View Post
The ball park is great. Good public transit, easy parking, easy entry, clean bathrooms, too many good beer choices, good food, beautiful field, up and coming young team. Blows away the **** hole on addison
I love GRate field, always have even in the early 90s with the steep upper deck, blue seats and bull pen caves. I love it even more now with the improvements made but one thing that drives me nuts is the Sox still don't know how to handle big crowds.

I went last Friday vs the Yankees, got there an hour early.. and getting into the lots was a mess. Literally cars weren't moving because the Sox had one parking attendant taking money per lot, and I didn't see anyone out directing traffic, just a cluster, and this wasn't a rare occurrence, every time there are big crowds the Sox just can't figure out how to get people into the park.

Luckily I know the area very well so I was able to cut through my old neighborhood and park at one of the private lots on 35th and make it in by the first inning.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:07 PM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.