Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2019, 10:41 AM
WSI Regular

Is it out of step for me to say I'd like both an Aparicio and Fox jersey? It would be showing my age.
Old 09-25-2019, 03:38 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Allen View Post
Why not get a jersey of a bum? That way, you can be the only one on your block (or any other block).

I mentioned here one time that I'd seen a guy with a Ken Vining jersey at the ballpark.... Someone suggested it probably really WAS Ken!
Old 09-25-2019, 08:49 PM
WSI Guru

Bought a sweet Ehren Wassermann road jersey at Soxfest 10 or 11 years ago. Authentic, fit perfectly (think it was a 46). This may have before they started making the cool-base jerseys. Just unique enough to be somewhat cool.
Supposedly it was game used, and I got it home and noticed the last name was spelled "Wasserman" instead of "Wassermann". Argh! So I figured it was a mistake that somehow got thrown into the batch. I took it back and they let me exchange it for a bat or something.
Old 09-26-2019, 01:48 AM
Official Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsolo View Post
Is it out of step for me to say I'd like both an Aparicio and Fox jersey? It would be showing my age.
I've got a Fox jersey. One of the wool flannel Cooperstown Classics. It's too big (and that's not easy to do, since I'm 6'3" and 240 pounds) but it was the only one they had in stock when I got it. So, I wear it loose (and proudly.)

"Nellie Fox, that little son of a gun, was always on base and was a great hit-and-run man. He sprayed hits all over."
Yogi Berra in the New York Sunday News (July 12, 1970)
Old 09-26-2019, 08:33 AM
Chief Skeptic and 2015 Preseason Predictions Contest Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeFish View Post
One of the pluses of wearing a former player's jersey is that you know he's not going to disappoint you in the coming season.
Unless it's a Loaiza jersey...
Old 09-26-2019, 08:47 AM
WSI High Priest

I saw a guy wearing a Loaiza jersey when the Sox came here to DC in May. Somebody yelled "go back to jail, Esteban" at him.

Honestly if somebody made a throwback faux vest jersey, I would buy one and have #21 Loaiza put on the back. He will forever be the player I most associate with that uniform. I think he and I are the only two people in the world that liked it.
"Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but its nature is to be extravagant, and those who go so far as to stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only when they are ruined."
-- Thucydides
Old 09-26-2019, 12:59 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeFish View Post
I saw a guy wearing a Loaiza jersey when the Sox came here to DC in May. Somebody yelled "go back to jail, Esteban" at him.

Honestly if somebody made a throwback faux vest jersey, I would buy one and have #21 Loaiza put on the back. He will forever be the player I most associate with that uniform. I think he and I are the only two people in the world that liked it.

You're not alone, sir The vests along with the 59 throwbacks are two sets of uniforms I would love to see the Sox wear in place of the 83s. They can also bring back the early 70s ones as well.

Just in general, teams who wear vests (Pirates, Reds) have my fervent support. The vests are amazing.
Old 09-26-2019, 06:01 PM
WSI Church Elder

Earlier this season I bought 'shirseys' for the family. We ended up with: Abreu (me), Anderson (Wife), Eloy (6 yo), and Moncado (3 yo). I only own one jersey (1983 Fisk), but I've very interested in adding a Moncada jersey. I've been all-in on him since we acquired him and that seems like it could work out.
Old 09-26-2019, 06:23 PM
WSI High Priest

Jim Landis/Ken Henderson
“There were a few hard rules, but everybody was unique, and he understood that. George’s great strength was he didn’t overcoach. There’s no place for panic on the mound.” - Jim Palmer on George Bamberger “Arms and the man,” Sports Illustrated, April 19, 2004