Soxogram: 
GO SOX! DSNB!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2019, 10:02 AM
WSI High Priest

Default Picking a White Sox jersey in 2019

So what jerseys with player names on the back are you buying in 2019? Which ones do you see around the park?

I imagine Tim Anderson and Lucas Giolito jerseys are selling like hotcakes, but come at a substantial risk of the player regressing in 2020. Moncada, on the other hand, seems like a safer bet. Abreu holds the risk of the extension not actually happening for whatever reason.

Or are folks holding out for Robert and Madrigal? Or an offseason FA acquisition?
"Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but its nature is to be extravagant, and those who go so far as to stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only when they are ruined."
-- Thucydides

Last edited by HomeFish; 09-23-2019 at 10:07 AM.
Old 09-23-2019, 10:16 AM
WSI High Priest

Anderson and Moncada are the ones on my personal wish list.
Old 09-23-2019, 10:16 AM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeFish View Post
So what jerseys with player names on the back are you buying in 2019? Which ones do you see around the park?

I imagine Tim Anderson and Lucas Giolito jerseys are selling like hotcakes, but come at a substantial risk of the player regressing in 2020. Moncada, on the other hand, seems like a safer bet. Abreu holds the risk of the extension not actually happening for whatever reason.

Or are folks holding out for Robert and Madrigal? Or an offseason FA acquisition?
I already own Abreu, but might get an Eloy jersey soon.

Riding shotgun on the Sox bandwagon since before there was an Internet...
Old 09-23-2019, 10:28 AM
WSI Church Elder

I'm looking more t-shirt/jersey since those are more affordable. The only really authentic Sox jersey I have is Pierzynski. Would like to pick up an Eloy or Giolito "shirsey" if Grandstand or the Sox team shop have them. Already have Moncada and Abreu.

Have also seen a Baines HOF "shirsey" online that would look fantastic in my collection.
Old 09-23-2019, 10:58 AM
Co-Winner WSI 2018 NFL Pick'em Contest

If I'm buying a jersey for a player from the current roster I would go with Eloy. Seems like such a good young kid and man can he hit the ball.

Also wouldn't surprise me at all if a year from now the answer from a lot of people would be Kopech, Robert, or Madrigal.
Old 09-23-2019, 11:39 AM
WSI Prelate

I've been considering one, too. Would be Anderson or Moncada.

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Old 09-24-2019, 11:44 AM
WSI Personality

Debating between Robert (my first name) and Madrigal (I'm short and my game is similar) next year.
Old 09-24-2019, 01:29 PM
WSI Church Elder

Why not get a jersey of a bum? That way, you can be the only one on your block (or any other block).
Old 09-24-2019, 01:35 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Allen View Post
Why not get a jersey of a bum? That way, you can be the only one on your block (or any other block).
I've been using that strategy for years. I've picked up cheap authentic jerseys at the Sox garage sale and given them to my sons (Brian Omogrosso and Matt Albers), my daughter (Bat Boy) and a buddy (Dylan Axelrod). Good conversation starters at the ballpark.

2019 Sox Attendance Tracker: 9-6
All time Sox Attendance Tracker:

286-247
Old 09-24-2019, 01:50 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Allen View Post
I’m the guy who bought Terry Bevington’s 1997 home jersey at the Sox Garage Sale one year. Mainly because it fit me, and I like to get boo’d when I go to the Park! 😁

"(Shoeless Joe) Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." ------ Connie Mack..........................."I copied (Shoeless Joe) Jackson's style because I thought he was the greatest natural hitter I ever saw. He's the guy who made me a hitter."------ Babe Ruth"
Old 09-24-2019, 02:06 PM
WSI High Priest

Antonio Osuna game-used jersey owner here. Remember his fist-pump against the Cubs in 2002? The only comments I have gotten on it, sadly, are from people who think it is a Pablo Ozuna jersey.

One of the pluses of wearing a former player's jersey is that you know he's not going to disappoint you in the coming season.
Old 09-24-2019, 02:11 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeFish View Post
Antonio Osuna game-used jersey owner here. Remember his fist-pump against the Cubs in 2002? The only comments I have gotten on it, sadly, are from people who think it is a Pablo Ozuna jersey.

One of the pluses of wearing a former player's jersey is that you know he's not going to disappoint you in the coming season.

I do. Struck out Sosa, right? Osuna is a great one to have. I have a Jack McDowell jersey (and it's black).
Old 09-24-2019, 04:49 PM
WSI Guru

I've never been interested in baseball jerseys. They're just too expensive for me. I'm content with my t-shirts.
Old 09-24-2019, 05:55 PM
WSI Church Elder

The thing with getting a game-used jersey of a bum is that you can be reasonably certain it’s not a fake. I imagine there are better safeguards against fake jerseys now than back in the day when I used to buy them. But nonetheless....
Old 09-24-2019, 09:07 PM
WSI Regular

I just went all in on Eloy and bought a striped home jersey - #74 is a great #...hopefully he hits 45-50 HR next year!

I think Moncada is the only other choice for future value - he has Javy Baez+ written all over him next season. 35/35 potential...