White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2012, 01:08 PM
WSI Personality

Default Isotopes

I moved to Albuquerque recently and live only a few blocks from where the Isotopes play. I am going to catch my first game tonight and am wondering if there are any cutting edge prospects to look out for on either the Isotopes (Dodgers system) or Nashville Sounds (Brewers). I know some people on here really follow the minor leagues, and maybe could provide some context for what I'll be watching tonight and the other several times I'll probably attend Topes games this summer.

Did some googling and all the articles about the Dodgers prospects on the web seem dated -- about last year's roster.

I really wish the Sox had a farm team in the PCL, but oh well. I'll have to be satisfied with scouting other teams' youngsters.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:16 PM
MMXXIII

Not sure if there are any mega-prospects, but a quick glance of the Isotopes roster reveals that former Sox farmhand Josh Fields is in Albuquerque right now crushing balls in the PCL. So that's cool.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:29 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
Not sure if there are any mega-prospects, but a quick glance of the Isotopes roster reveals that former Sox farmhand Josh Fields is in Albuquerque right now crushing balls in the PCL. So that's cool.
Yeah, I just noticed that too! That is pretty cool. Although I'm sure that "crushing balls" in Albuquerque is exactly where Josh thought he'd be at this point considering that he once hit 20+ MLB homers and even won an AL player of the week award in 07.

I shall scout him this evening.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:42 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoulTerritory View Post
I moved to Albuquerque recently and live only a few blocks from where the Isotopes play. I am going to catch my first game tonight and am wondering if there are any cutting edge prospects to look out for on either the Isotopes (Dodgers system) or Nashville Sounds (Brewers). I know some people on here really follow the minor leagues, and maybe could provide some context for what I'll be watching tonight and the other several times I'll probably attend Topes games this summer.

Did some googling and all the articles about the Dodgers prospects on the web seem dated -- about last year's roster.

I really wish the Sox had a farm team in the PCL, but oh well. I'll have to be satisfied with scouting other teams' youngsters.
Not many future Dodger prospects playing for Albuquerque. Alex Castellanos, who they got in the Furcal trade last year will probably be the 2nd basemen in LA next year. Alfredo Silverio is a high prospect who you'll probably see if/when he recovers from a serious auto accident this past winter.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:42 PM
WSI Church Elder

One of the Brewers best pitchers Wily Peralta(arguably the Brewers best prospect) is on the team, and should be pitching during this upcoming series. Logan Schafer is a very nice CFer, and would be on the ML team, if not for the brewers having Morgan and Gomez in CF. No real superstars though(although Taylor Green has established a Cult like following among Brewer fans who follow the minors, don't know why to be honest), as the majority of the Brewers high ceiling talent is currently at AA.

Whenever the Sox or Brewers win, it's PARTY TIME!!!!!

Old 05-05-2012, 03:39 PM
WSI Personality

Thanks for the info guys. The game was fun. Some guy named Baisley hit an epic home run -- over the picnic/lawn area and out of the stadium. It was Borchardesque!
Old 05-05-2012, 08:31 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoulTerritory View Post
Thanks for the info guys. The game was fun. Some guy named Baisley hit an epic home run -- over the picnic/lawn area and out of the stadium. It was Borchardesque!
You can always cheer on former Sox 3rd round draft pick, John Ely too.