White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-14-2015, 03:48 PM
Foulke You Foulke You is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Des Plaines, IL
Posts: 9,244
Blog Entries: 1
Default Milwaukee Brewers to Sell "Golden Ticket" for $1000

Very interesting marketing concept. Not exactly sure how many they will sell though. Ticekt is good for "any game, any time" even if that game happens to be a Game 7 of the World Series.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-bi...214438013.html
__________________
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-14-2015, 04:10 PM
JoeyCora28 JoeyCora28 is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Des Plaines, IL
Posts: 315
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foulke You View Post
Very interesting marketing concept. Not exactly sure how many they will sell though. Ticekt is good for "any game, any time" even if that game happens to be a Game 7 of the World Series.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-bi...214438013.html
I noticed this:

In addition, Timeless Ticket holders may purchase up to three additional companion tickets for the redeemed game at the single game box office price.

Now, that changes the whole economics of it as 4 people could go in together on it, and in the case of a NLCS or World Series, come out smelling like roses.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-14-2015, 05:13 PM
Southsider101 Southsider101 is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 1,340
Default

Interesting concept. Does it include a ride down Bernie Brewer's slide?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-14-2015, 06:18 PM
Noneck Noneck is offline
The Blind Squirrel that finally found an acorn.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Nw Side
Posts: 7,819
Default

Id have some questions before Id plunk down a G for this.



Tickets are based on availability, is one assured a ticket will be available?

What type of seat do you get when you redeem?

Able to buy 3 additional seats. What are the chances any of these seats will be together? All single seats?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-15-2015, 01:50 PM
Foulke You Foulke You is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Des Plaines, IL
Posts: 9,244
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
Id have some questions before Id plunk down a G for this.



Tickets are based on availability, is one assured a ticket will be available?

What type of seat do you get when you redeem?

Able to buy 3 additional seats. What are the chances any of these seats will be together? All single seats?
Yeah, that would be an important question to ask. If the seat is the last row of the upper deck way up in Bernie's Bleachers, it really isn't worth $1000 per ticket.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-15-2015, 05:14 PM
Noneck Noneck is offline
The Blind Squirrel that finally found an acorn.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Nw Side
Posts: 7,819
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foulke You View Post
Yeah, that would be an important question to ask. If the seat is the last row of the upper deck way up in Bernie's Bleachers, it really isn't worth $1000 per ticket.

Uecker seats
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:16 AM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.