White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on winning the AL ROTY award unanimously, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 03:00 PM
WSI Church Elder

Default White Sox Season Ticket Seat Relocation

Seems like every year many season ticket holders grumble about the Sox system (or lack thereof) for upgrading or changing season ticket locations. This afternoon I received an e-mail from my season ticket rep advising of a new system that appears to be more transparent and fair than the previous system.

All ST holders (I'm in a full season group but I would expect this also applies to partial season plans) receive an on-line appointment time during which they can see what locations are available and relocate if they desire. The appointment times last for several days. Mine starts tomorrow at 2 pm and ends on 2/6.

I'm likely not going to relocate (my current location is pretty damn good), but it's nice to see the team implement a system that appears to be more fair than the old "system" -- i.e. there was no old system.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:08 PM
WSI Personality

I received the same e-mail. My appointment is next Tuesday. This will be my eighth year as season ticket holder but I upgraded seats two years ago. My guess is that the appointment is set by seniority as it should be. Also not sure I will move but it is nice to now have this option.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:13 PM
WSI Church Elder

I received the e-mail as well. I talked to my ticket rep in late December and was able to relocate my full-season ticket plan then but regardless, it's nice to finally see some transparency regarding the whole relocation process.

2014 Attendance Record: 15-11
2013 Attendance Record: 11-22
2012 Attendance Record: 29-22
2011 Attendance Record: 15-19
2010 Attendance Record: 18-10
2009 Attendance Record: 5-9
2008 Attendance Record: 21-10
2007 Attendance Record: 6-14
2006 Attendance Record: 20-9

https://twitter.com/KJKobs
Old 01-31-2013, 03:14 PM
2008 WSI Pick 'Em Champion

I haven't sat in my seat in 7 seasons. But it is an aisle seat right by the bullpen which makes it easier to sell.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:46 PM
WSI Personality

Excellent idea. I highly doubt my seats will move but I love the transparency.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:11 PM
WSI Regular

The lack of process and relocation transparency has been a personal crusade of mine for a long time, looks like they finally are gong to address it. I have mentioned it over the years to my reps, to my reps bosses and in every customer survey I have ever taken.

I have had people sit around me or in front of me that were new STH's and we have been one since 1991 (we are a group of 6 guys sharing 4 seats for 81 games). I never understood the process and haven't had options to move in 10 years. I have also watched people around me move to better seats with less seniority. We have a decent location in the middle of section 123 but I get frustrated that I have not moved since 2002 and even then the move was very minor. I want to get closer to the plate and closer to the field.

I hope there is an upgrade available for us on Monday , even if it is more expensive.

Ironically, I also had two personal LD box seats since 2005 that were near the back of the lower deck. When I was told I could not improve my location I cancelled them in December and received my deposit back. Did they not know of this upgrade process back in December? They may have been able to retain two more individual seats with a little communication.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:41 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehosepub View Post
The lack of process and relocation transparency has been a personal crusade of mine for a long time, looks like they finally are gong to address it. I have mentioned it over the years to my reps, to my reps bosses and in every customer survey I have ever taken.

I have had people sit around me or in front of me that were new STH's and we have been one since 1991 (we are a group of 6 guys sharing 4 seats for 81 games). I never understood the process and haven't had options to move in 10 years. I have also watched people around me move to better seats with less seniority. We have a decent location in the middle of section 123 but I get frustrated that I have not moved since 2002 and even then the move was very minor. I want to get closer to the plate and closer to the field.

I hope there is an upgrade available for us on Monday , even if it is more expensive.

Ironically, I also had two personal LD box seats since 2005 that were near the back of the lower deck. When I was told I could not improve my location I cancelled them in December and received my deposit back. Did they not know of this upgrade process back in December? They may have been able to retain two more individual seats with a little communication.
This certainly seems like weird timing to start the relocation process. If this happens earlier in future off seasons, while not allowing new STHs to pick their seats until after this process gets completed, then this is well done by the Sox. I guess we'll have to wait and see, but call me cautiously optimistic on that front.

Old 01-31-2013, 05:24 PM
WSI Personality

Maybe the Sox had more cancellations of the Premium Lower boxes since those were the seats that had the biggest price increases.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:46 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedema View Post
Maybe the Sox had more cancellations of the Premium Lower boxes since those were the seats that had the biggest price increases.
Could be.

When I asked my rep back in December about the new "platinum diamond boxes" which are the first 10 rows I was told that there were NO unsold / available seats in that area.

For those who have a Monday appt. (mine is Tuesday afternoon) please post in this thread about general availablity of relocations ... it would be most appreciated!
Old 01-31-2013, 05:52 PM
WSI Prelate

I still haven't heard a damn thing from my rep, Reynel.

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Old 02-01-2013, 11:22 AM
WSI Regular

I haven't heard anything from Reynel either. However, I own a 27 game plan so I'm not sure if that process will apply to me or not. Can't see how it wouldn't since I have seen many new ST holders move in front of me and I have now had the package for 8 years. I know there are a ton of people with more seniority than myself, but the new ST ending up in front doesn't quite make sense.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:45 AM
2008 WSI Pick 'Em Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenk16 View Post
I haven't heard anything from Reynel either. However, I own a 27 game plan so I'm not sure if that process will apply to me or not. Can't see how it wouldn't since I have seen many new ST holders move in front of me and I have now had the package for 8 years. I know there are a ton of people with more seniority than myself, but the new ST ending up in front doesn't quite make sense.
Years ago we used to have 3 seats on the aisle with the weekend plan. My buddy had the first 2 and I had seat 3. My buddy upgraded to the "we'll sell you all the playoff games in 05 IF you become a full ST holder in 06" plan, so he got relocated. So, I KNEW those seats were opening, called my rep, and I coudn't move. Another friend of mine became a first time holder the same season I requested an aisle seat, and lo and behold he got one as a brand new customer. SO, I'm thinking the Sox offered the better stuff to the newbies just to entice a few more ST sales, AND they were coming off a championship so I didn't really expect to move. A few years later I got relocated to my current aisle seat. Took about 3 seasons.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:41 PM
WSI Church Elder

Just went through the upgrade process. As I expected, my current seats are better than anything which was available. If you are looking to upgrade to the Premium Boxes, there were some available, but pretty slim pickings and it didn't look like there were more than two seats together available -- so if you were looking for 3+ seats, it will be tough.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:33 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chez View Post
Just went through the upgrade process. As I expected, my current seats are better than anything which was available. If you are looking to upgrade to the Premium Boxes, there were some available, but pretty slim pickings and it didn't look like there were more than two seats together available -- so if you were looking for 3+ seats, it will be tough.
Chez-
Were there premium box seats available in the first 15 rows or so from the field? We are trying to move down but we have 4 seats...
Old 02-01-2013, 05:09 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehosepub View Post
Chez-
Were there premium box seats available in the first 15 rows or so from the field? We are trying to move down but we have 4 seats...
PHP: I only checked sections that I felt would be an upgrade from where my seats are (Section 137, Row 12). In the sections I checked there were seats available, but only one or two. No 4 seat groupings. But I didn't check anything further down the first or third base lines from where my seats are -- wouldn't have made sense to "upgrade" to seats further down the lines. Good luck!